As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Taric is one of my favourite champs, but I've found that he cannot be played in solo queue. Invariably whenever I use him my teammates will irrationally believe that they somehow have a level 80 world of warcraft paladin on their team and proceed to commit mass suicide over and over while complaining that I won't join them in this endeavor. It sucks because I like Taric and I even have his pink suit but I just can't use him and remain sane.

This on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    well first I downloaded popular video game: "League of Legends"...

but you have no q key

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    he has evelynn's q ability mapped to the feels good key

all like

"feels good"

bam

"feels good"

bam

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So no first win today. People need to stop trying to kill the enemy by running into them face first.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This wrote: »
    Taric is one of my favourite champs, but I've found that he cannot be played in solo queue. Invariably whenever I use him my teammates will irrationally believe that they somehow have a level 80 world of warcraft paladin on their team and proceed to commit mass suicide over and over while complaining that I won't join them in this endeavor. It sucks because I like Taric and I even have his pink suit but I just can't use him and remain sane.

Yeah, playing support champs and to a lesser extent tanks in low or mid Elo solo queue seems like an exercise in frustration. Impossible to carry a bad team with them. I suppose at high Elo solo queue teams have that basic level of competency more often so playing a support champ is more viable.

Just got to 1430 in solo ranked :)

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Summing up the closing argument from the end of last thread: They Changed It Now It Sucks
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I keep thinking a champ who could suck mana from other heroes would be sweet, but then I wonder if that wouldn't be totally annoying and game breaking.
    Fucking no goddamn we do not need that fucking abomination Mage Bane to make it to another game

(seriously fuck him)
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Since Morgana is free I gave her a shot and seemed real fun. Any advice for skill order and items?

I know Spectrum is gonna post too with something similar but anyway:
    Runes: Mpen reds, MP5/lvl yellows, flat cooldown Blues, HP quints. This is the standard caster runes so there shouldn't be any worries here.

Masteries: 9/0/21. Once again standard caster masteries.

Summoner Spells: Flash/Ghost. Flash is awesome on Morgana, and Ghost is awesome overall.

Skill order: QWWEWR, then R > Q > W > E. More detailed: you want three points in Tormented Soil at lvl6, which allows you to nearly clear a lane by itself with some good last hits, but also isn't too costly in mana; a point in Black Shield to prevent harass, when you get it is situational (I get it at lvl2 when my lane opponent is zilean for example); A point in Dark Binding to harass with early on. A thing to know with Morgana is she is a complete mana hog: resource management is a crucial skill on her.

Items: Start with a Doran's Ring. It's way too good for you to not get it, and gives you a ton of things Morgana utterly LOVES - extra HP to survive in a lane, AP to harass with, and mana regen.

First trip back: evaluate your situation and what you got. If you are getting rocked, Boots + a second Doran's Ring can work.

Then you might want to build for a rod of Ages, right?

Wrong.

You're gonna build a Zhonya's Ring. Rod of Ages will be the second item you will build - since it gets better more quickly now you can sneak in another item before you get to building.

After these two and ungraded boots (Swiftness if you need speed, Sorcerer's if you need more power, Merc treads otherwise), it's situational. Build your defense item, then adapt to what the enemy got.

Playing: Take a side lane. Morgana is very good in all the positions in a sidelane: solo side, 1v2, 2v2, babysitter, and so on. Do not take mid with Morgana.

In a teamfight, you want to be the second one to enter the fray with your ult, but if you're the first, the way is: Black Shield on you > Flash > Soul Shackles > Zhonya active when your shield runs out > Hope your team is good.
    Last post: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=17553312#post17553312

More or less agree, but I still find going Rod first to be safer than Zhonya's. (Also the bigger mana pool helps out not run out.)

Also, I'm starting to feel like Morg is less and less of a viable solo choice these days between MF, Vlad, Malphite, and a variety of other champs I feel she has a bad matchup against, but YMMV. She still works great in a duo lane, but it does mean you need a 4th rank of W before switching to Q. (Actually, I do 4th rank of W anyway regardless of where I am, but that's usually 'cause I don't get to complete the Rod until about 20 minutes in on average.)

Also, you can still totally send her mid as a counterpick against, say, Anivia if you want.
    Nisi wrote: »
    I'm missing urgot and swain :(
    swain can go to hell for all i care.

worst 6300 i ever saved for.
    That is the best part about Swain.

Not too many people are familiar with what he is capable of

So he just roflstomps people who think "olol squishy caster let's jump him"

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I must now do 5 sunfire evelynn.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How to counter swain;

walk away, root/snare/stun totally optional.
    come back in 5 seconds when his pool is empty.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    By the way, just tried a weird Tristana spec against Vlad and it worked really well. Of course the Vlad was a weaker player than me, I think, but even against an equally skilled one I think I would have won the lane.

So I went 21/7/2. Did it because I knew I would almost definitely be facing Vlad mid, so the key things I wanted were 6 more MR, 3/3 Strength of Spirit, and 2/3 Perseverance for more health regen so keep up with his self-healing.

That, coupled with my full MR blues, made his damage do little more than tickle in the early levels. I kept pounding on him every time he lost creep advantage with W + E + auto-attack and he didn't really have an answer for my damage output. Zoned him out hard and also killed him a couple times.

I don't think you could be aggressive enough to beat a Vlad against certain junglers, though, like Rammus. You pretty much need your W to beat Vlad and if you have to save it for a gank you're probably just better off playing conservatively. Problem is, once Vlad gets to level 9, you're in a bad spot in this scenario. He will have free farmed, and you probably won't have your IE yet, so roaming as 5 isn't a good option to counter his mid-game dominance.

Vlad is just a pain when played well.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    How to counter akali;

kill her

Am I doing it right?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    sunfire eve beats all other eves

Jars on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Close enough.

'scuse me while I do the boogaloo.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    How to counter akali;

kill her

Am I doing it right?

Not imaginative enough. You got to see it in the most hilarious way.

How to counter and kill Akali:

lol vision ward in the shroud

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, uh, when did the time penalty for queue-dodging increase?

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh oh I got another

How to counter poppy;

walk away
    come back 5 seconds later when diplomatic immunity is down

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wanna play too

How to beat Veigar

Stand still

Kill after the stun cage drops

Did I do it right?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Once again:

countering Poppy with Morgana

Let her ult you.

Cast Black Shield.

If timed right, laugh as Poppy tries to slam you and fails!

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Swain's stuff is on very low cooldowns for what they can do

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Swain is Tristana food

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey, are there any other good high Elo solo queue livestreams? I really enjoy TreeEskimo's and like Rokudan's pretty well.

Don't want to watch some... "really pleasant guy" like HotShotGG though.

OremLK on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Hey, are there any other good high Elo solo queue livestreams? I really enjoy TreeEskimo's and like Rokudan's pretty well.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=166107

this post owns

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, nice. Thanks!

OremLK on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    shalmelo wrote: »

What is it now?

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How to counter mumu

stay at your summoner platform

kill by using requiem when he's low

zomg i have this game on the lockdowns

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Swain is Tristana food

You have not seen a good Swain then. Me and Spectrum can both demonstrate.

BillGates on
    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    How to counter mumu

stay at your summoner platform

kill by using requiem when he's low

zomg i have this game on the lockdowns
    This guy gets it :^:

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Man I am so pro.

Riot Games you should pay me 5 thousand dollars and give me 6 billion IP.

I will be the #1 Ranked Player by Christmas if you do this, I totally guarantee it.

You cannot possibly refuse my generous offer.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    so malphite walks into the jungle with no healing potions

that was an awful game

Jars on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh god.

I just had a Malphite match with Eve, Twitch, Sona and Ezreal.

The other team bought two oracles.

One of those oracles was on a Kassadin.

Both Eve and Twitch flatly refused to participate in team fights from that point onward. They just tried to back door. Over and over. Getting ganked constantly because they were feeding the enemy team enough gold to pepper their entire jungle with vision wards.

It was amazing. I'd ult in, Sona would join me, Ez would start doing his thing, they'd have blown their shit all over my windscreen . . .

And both stealthers just fucked off into the jungle because Kassadin still had Oracles. They could all be half dead and Twitch wouldn't even come clean up. He'd just be waddling away in one direction while Eve went off to try and steal their blue or something.

Then they'd die a little later to the three dudes who survived and came back to their base.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »
    shalmelo wrote: »

What is it now?

On second thought, I think they increase the time period if you dodge multiple times in a row. The first dodge was the usual 5min (the usual - 4 physical carries lock in within 10 seconds and start arguing over mid). The second dodge (decent-looking team comp, but two guys hurling racial epithets at each other in the pre-game chat) gave me a time clock of i think 15 minutes? Never seen that before, but I'm not sure I've ever multi-dodged like that either. Hmm....

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This wrote: »

yeahhhh

it takes so long to get his heal to a reasonable cooldown and level especially since he's better when you level shatter. he's one of my favorites too, I hope the pink suit goes on sale at some point

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am the best heal cow.

Asiina on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I can't work out what that euphemism is supposed to mean.

I've only watched HSGG's stream once or twice though, so I don't really know what he's like.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I am developing a serious man crush on taric. he's so well designed and awesome to play. I think the only thing will stop me from buying him next is free rammus next week.

for solo queue you can always build him like http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=37916

Jars on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hi, I'm Karthus and I got the cooldown to my Ult down to 70(79.whatever and the 9 seconds don't show for some reason) seconds. So no, I will not "Stop doing that shit!" and I don't care if I'm "Not killing anybody!" It's 70 freaking seconds and it still fucks all your shit up in team fights.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Just played a game with Pantheon who built no damage items.

His E brought me from full health at a tower to Veigar Q gibbing range as Rammus, building armor & HP.

OH YEAH I CAN TOTALLY SEE WHY CWHEEZY IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE 'NERF'

EDIT: Is it really this hard to balance a character? Yeah, Pantheon needed some late game help. So apparently the answer to this wasn't to put some thought into reworking his skill set or tweaking his stats - just fucking flat out sky rocketing his E.

And this right after Corki changes that broke Corki pretty hard for a while.

This is why I don't want Riot to decide that, say, Katarina needs some 're-adjustment'.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    facetious wrote: »

I've only watched HSGG's stream once or twice though, so I don't really know what he's like.

Basically I was sarcastically saying he's kind of a dick.

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    facetious wrote: »

http://www.own3d.tv/live/6446

bigfatjiji

they're pretty incredibly mellow about the whole thing too; play some tunes, laugh hysterically whenever one of their teammates does something really stupid. seem like cool guys.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would sure love to play this game. Too bad I keep getting connection errors.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Servers are still down from what I can tell. Their emergency reset is still resetting though it was suppose to be over like 3 hours ago.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png