Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

2456763

Posts

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited December 2010
    realize that wow's minimum requirements are a one-core processor on Windows XP with 1GB ram

    the only way you can go wrong are intel integrated graphics

    huntresssig.jpg
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Warning: Donkey Kong is not a real doctor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You could always sell one of the twins on the black market in exchange for a sweet gaming laptop.

    easy_tetris_sig.gifbubbulon3_sig.png
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    prescriptivism is so much better than the godless nihilism of descriptivism

    You are wrong to hold that opinion
    opinions can't be wrong, senj

    haha who's the godless nihilist now

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    realize that wow's minimum requirements are a one-core processor on Windows XP with 1GB ram

    the only way you can go wrong are intel integrated graphics

    Actually, I have successfully run it on that. Not through any real content, but it runs on a toaster, as the old phrase goes.

    What if this weren't a rhetorical question?
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I know Rivs but there isn't a whole lot of in between with lappies

    look at what I linked; a $400 laptop would play WoW fine, a $700 laptop will do it exceedingly well

    huntresssig.jpg
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You could always sell one of the twins on the black market in exchange for a sweet gaming laptop.

    Sell both, get a sweet laptop and an xbox

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • MrMisterMrMister Valuing scholarship above all elseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    prescriptivism is so much better than the godless nihilism of descriptivism

    boo get off the stage!

    PS: writing from the trenches of the epistemology war; the war is nearly lost--they are forcing us to do math now.

    ALL HAIL BAYES AS HE LAYS SLEEPING IN HIS DREAD TOMB. KOLMOGOROV KOLMOGOROV FTANG!

  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    realize that wow's minimum requirements are a one-core processor on Windows XP with 1GB ram

    the only way you can go wrong are intel integrated graphics

    Intel integrated graphics are basically wrong embodied in silicon form.

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Linden wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    realize that wow's minimum requirements are a one-core processor on Windows XP with 1GB ram

    the only way you can go wrong are intel integrated graphics

    Actually, I have successfully run it on that. Not through any real content, but it runs on a toaster, as the old phrase goes.

    So have I! But I don't think the questioner's definition of well was 6 fps in Redshore.

    huntresssig.jpg
  • MrMisterMrMister Valuing scholarship above all elseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    prescriptivism is so much better than the godless nihilism of descriptivism

    You are wrong to hold that opinion
    opinions can't be wrong, senj

    He didn't say it was wrong, but rather that you were wrong to hold it.

    GOGO PEDANT

  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia, you are an exceptionally helpful person, and I appreciate it greatly.

    Thank you.

    "More fish for Kunta!"

    --LeVar Burton
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    elendil, can you summarize your chat for me

    I don't think I get it


    I will let you beat me in brawl if you do

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    most intel integrated graphics solutions are roughly on par with a 3Dfx Voodoo from 12 years ago

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't know why you philosophers are always on about St Paul's letters

    Per3th.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas “Three films a day, three books a week and records of great music would be enough to make me happy to the day I die.” Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You could always sell one of the twins on the black market in exchange for a sweet gaming laptop.

    Some psychologist coming up to him, looking around all jumpy, asking how much for one of the twins.

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Arivia, you are an exceptionally helpful person, and I appreciate it greatly.

    Thank you.

    You're welcome!

    huntresssig.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Linden wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    tl;dr

    I used this in an email to an entire team at work the other week without thinking about it and ended up having to explain what it meant to eight people.

    I suppose I should be flattered that people actually read my group emails.

    If I got that at the end of one of ours I would send a congratulatory response. Keep it up.

    It probably helps that most of the emails I have cause to send to multiple people are of the form "For the love of God please stop doing [something] that you lot have apparently decided is a good idea for some reason".

  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »

    I love the headline to this article, that is linked from that one. Something about it amuses me.
    If they'd subsidize the vending machine industry to modify all the coin slots to take $1 coins, everyone would use them.

    h1DI1.jpg
    All my fuckin life I lived a normal fuckin life
  • LudiousLudious It's hard out here for a conservative bronyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I guess I just see buying a laptop for the sole purpose of running a 6 year old game "decently" as a poor decision. To me it's spending too much or not spending enough depending on your perspective.

  • MrMisterMrMister Valuing scholarship above all elseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't know why you philosophers are always on about St Paul's letters

    :?:

  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Linden wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    realize that wow's minimum requirements are a one-core processor on Windows XP with 1GB ram

    the only way you can go wrong are intel integrated graphics

    Actually, I have successfully run it on that. Not through any real content, but it runs on a toaster, as the old phrase goes.

    So have I! But I don't think the questioner's definition of well was 6 fps in Redshore.

    Unfamiliar with the area. I was getting ~15 in Dalaran at the time – the secret was my 13" screen, I think.

    Unrelated: I feel insufficiently Christmassy. Anyone capable of making me a hat?

    What if this weren't a rhetorical question?
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    elendil, can you summarize your chat for me

    I don't think I get it


    I will let you beat me in brawl if you do
    I beat you in brawl anyway

    Per3th.jpg
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Both lack hardware T&L, for instance

    the only ones worth a damn are the embedded intel solutions, which are really just rebadged powervr chips

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Fantasy/scifi/period piece movies need to stop including crappy modern lyrical compositions in their soundtracks.

  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    only, like, half the time

    and that's usually when I'm not playing Ness or Lucas

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I guess I just see buying a laptop for the sole purpose of running a 6 year old game "decently" as a poor decision. To me it's spending too much or not spending enough depending on your perspective.

    you've played WoW; we're not meaning a laptop for BC content, but one that can handle Northrend/whatever the new areas are called.

    Besides, WoW is all a fair number of people play. That's cool.

    huntresssig.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »

    I love the headline to this article, that is linked from that one. Something about it amuses me.
    If they'd subsidize the vending machine industry to modify all the coin slots to take $1 coins, everyone would use them.

    I actually just meant the sentence construction in general. I think because it uses that slightly comic form of making the sentence a few words longer than is strictly necessary. I do it with a fair degree of frequency myself.

  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Linden wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    tl;dr

    I used this in an email to an entire team at work the other week without thinking about it and ended up having to explain what it meant to eight people.

    I suppose I should be flattered that people actually read my group emails.

    If I got that at the end of one of ours I would send a congratulatory response. Keep it up.

    It probably helps that most of the emails I have cause to send to multiple people are of the form "For the love of God please stop doing [something] that you lot have apparently decided is a good idea for some reason".

    As long as they aren't "I've lost my keys", I'm happy.
    People, "all staff" is not an acceptable destination for this.

    What if this weren't a rhetorical question?
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    most intel integrated graphics solutions are roughly on par with a 3Dfx Voodoo from 12 years ago

    And Senj isn't talking about the graphics card company

    They literally have the processing power of a doll made out of twigs and shark teeth

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't know why you philosophers are always on about St Paul's letters

    :?:
    it was a play on words in which I seemingly mistake epistemology for the study of paul's epistles

    Per3th.jpg
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »

    I love the headline to this article, that is linked from that one. Something about it amuses me.
    If they'd subsidize the vending machine industry to modify all the coin slots to take $1 coins, everyone would use them.

    I actually just meant the sentence construction in general. I think because it uses that slightly comic form of making the sentence a few words longer than is strictly necessary. I do it with a fair degree of frequency myself.
    I agree it's funny, I was just commenting on the article I guess.

    Although a $1.1bn stockpile in coins is a recipe for a fantastic heist movie.

    h1DI1.jpg
    All my fuckin life I lived a normal fuckin life
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Both lack hardware T&L, for instance

    the only ones worth a damn are the embedded intel solutions, which are really just rebadged powervr chips

    That guy from Epic or 3DRealms or something had a serious meltdown in the media about the crappiness of Intel graphics chips a couple of years ago.

    He basically said that PC gaming is in the state it's in because of Intel, and that it was killing the industry.

  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    most intel integrated graphics solutions are roughly on par with a 3Dfx Voodoo from 12 years ago

    And Senj isn't talking about the graphics card company

    They literally have the processing power of a doll made out of twigs and shark teeth

    most of the time the games just crash with BARON_SAMEDI_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas “Three films a day, three books a week and records of great music would be enough to make me happy to the day I die.” Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    most intel integrated graphics solutions are roughly on par with a 3Dfx Voodoo from 12 years ago

    And Senj isn't talking about the graphics card company

    They literally have the processing power of a doll made out of twigs and shark teeth

    Pfft, I got Linux running on a doll of twigs and shark teeth.

  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't know why you philosophers are always on about St Paul's letters

    :?:
    it was a play on words in which I seemingly mistake epistemology with the study of paul's epistles

    I'm surprised a guy like you doesn't beat me more often

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huh, Bear McCreary does the music for The Walking Dead.

  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Linden wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Linden wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    tl;dr

    I used this in an email to an entire team at work the other week without thinking about it and ended up having to explain what it meant to eight people.

    I suppose I should be flattered that people actually read my group emails.

    If I got that at the end of one of ours I would send a congratulatory response. Keep it up.

    It probably helps that most of the emails I have cause to send to multiple people are of the form "For the love of God please stop doing [something] that you lot have apparently decided is a good idea for some reason".

    As long as they aren't "I've lost my keys", I'm happy.
    People, "all staff" is not an acceptable destination for this.

    I get emails four or five times a day, sent to the division-wide mailing list (several hundred people, across five sites) that say "Has anyone seen file [reference]? It isn't in the cabinet."

    This started intermittently about six months ago, and I think the general perception is that the window to crack down on it easily has been missed, so nobody bothers.

  • MrMisterMrMister Valuing scholarship above all elseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't know why you philosophers are always on about St Paul's letters

    :?:
    it was a play on words in which I seemingly mistake epistemology with the study of paul's epistles

    ohhhhhhh.
    Spoiler:

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    was not good joke

    Per3th.jpg
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    it was an amazing joke

    I couldn't make jokes like that if I had a million years to try

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
This discussion has been closed.