Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Remote desktop (RDP) into Win7 without creating new session?

hottoqhottoq Registered User
Hi, I am trying to RDP into my Windows 7 HTPC using an app on my iPad, but every time I do it creates a new session with new instances of all the programs that I have running on startup (like Windows Media Center, AirVideo, etc).

Is there any way to just mirror the exact same session I have running on my HTPC remotely?

I tried VNC, but that either works really slow or just gives me a black screen. Been struggling with this for a while, so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hottoq on

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hottoq wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to RDP into my Windows 7 HTPC using an app on my iPad, but every time I do it creates a new session with new instances of all the programs that I have running on startup (like Windows Media Center, AirVideo, etc).

Is there any way to just mirror the exact same session I have running on my HTPC remotely?

I tried VNC, but that either works really slow or just gives me a black screen. Been struggling with this for a while, so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using the same credentials in the RDP that you would use to log on locally?

The list never changes: http://www.infinitebacklog.com
    Chamberlain.jpg