As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Remote desktop (RDP) into Win7 without creating new session?

hottoqhottoq Registered User regular
Hi, I am trying to RDP into my Windows 7 HTPC using an app on my iPad, but every time I do it creates a new session with new instances of all the programs that I have running on startup (like Windows Media Center, AirVideo, etc).

Is there any way to just mirror the exact same session I have running on my HTPC remotely?

I tried VNC, but that either works really slow or just gives me a black screen. Been struggling with this for a while, so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hottoq on

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hottoq wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to RDP into my Windows 7 HTPC using an app on my iPad, but every time I do it creates a new session with new instances of all the programs that I have running on startup (like Windows Media Center, AirVideo, etc).

Is there any way to just mirror the exact same session I have running on my HTPC remotely?

I tried VNC, but that either works really slow or just gives me a black screen. Been struggling with this for a while, so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using the same credentials in the RDP that you would use to log on locally?

chamberlain on