As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uncharted 3: Drake's GOTY

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why on Earth would you play the second one first?

Though Uncharted 1 totally rules as well, so I guess you won't be disappointed

It just rules in a different way

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Because I didn't get the first one and I'm not going to wait around for the shipment to arrive to try out my PS3?

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In the meantime you could have

I don't know

Watched a Blu-ray or something :P

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, think it may be time to patch up and do the co-op levels again. Start screaming at people for melee'n medium armor with the hat on.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I wanna do three man co-op cause I'm not sure if the levels scale or not and 2 player was rough.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/28/uncharted-3-gameplay-footage/

Two videos, not sure if the footage has been shown before, but damn it looks good.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like you don't have to hit a button to pickup ammo for a gun you already have. That's a welcome change.

Dirty on
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In the same boat as Ceno, just got a PS3 for Christmas from my awesome girlfriend, and picked up UC2, looking for some people to maybe do some co-op?

I don't have a mic yet, but if anyone's interested shoot me a friend request: NickleDL

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are they starting the hype train for this a year out.

it's agonizing.

edit: oh goddd the little sidestep thing he does just after changing direction is a tiny but incredible animation change.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Honestly, I've never did any of the online stuff with Uncharted 2. Didn't have internet at the time, now my friend is borrowing my copy. I told him I want it back so I can play through it before part 3, but he says he is almost done with it... then leaves on Vac to Hawaii. The bastard!

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Honestly, I've never did any of the online stuff with Uncharted 2. Didn't have internet at the time, now my friend is borrowing my copy. I told him I want it back so I can play through it before part 3, but he says he is almost done with it... then leaves on Vac to Hawaii. The bastard!

It's okay, you still have a few weeks to get it in.

adytum on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh thank Christ
    ‘Uncharted’ Developer Denies ‘Family Dynamic’ & Mark Wahlberg as Nathan Drake
    Joystiq spoke with Uncharted 3 game director, Justin Richmond, who threw fans a bone, asserting that all of the outrage around the “family dynamic” that Russell had mentioned at the beginning of December, might be a bit premature:

“First of all, all that stuff was denied by David O. Russell. He actually called us up and was like, ‘I don’t know what these guys are talking about.’”
    As for the game director’s response to countless petitions for Firefly star Nathan Fillion to be cast in the role, Richmond responded with encouraging news for fans:

“Message received.”

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nickle wrote: »
    In the same boat as Ceno, just got a PS3 for Christmas from my awesome girlfriend, and picked up UC2, looking for some people to maybe do some co-op?

I don't have a mic yet, but if anyone's interested shoot me a friend request: NickleDL

I'd be up for it when I get back to the USA in about a week and a half. PSN: Genesius_Prime

Ceno on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait, Uncharted 2 has co-op? How did I own the game for a year and not know this? And why did I Goozex it?

Zenitram on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The co-op it has is the only way to do good co-op; a completely separate set of missions, away from the single-player campaign

It's kinda fun, I guess

Co-op ain't really my thing, but if it were I think that's the one I'd be all over

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I really enjoyed the UC2 co-op. Once at the end of one of the missions (which gets pretty fucking hard near the end) my brother and the random dude we were playing with had both died and I solo'd like twenty dudes. I actually had the opportunity to say "were you impressed? How I took out those guys all by myself?"

I squandered it, and said, "okay, give it up. Right? Right?"

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Co Op and UC2 Horde mode (can't remember what it's actually called) are both quite fun. The whole MP is pretty fun actually.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Co-op was damned fun. But once I hit this weird bug where I died and my friend had to survive, and then like...I guess it glitched cause he couldn't advance without killing himself and having us both respawn.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Had some fun deathmatch games with a friend tonight and snapped up a few decent pictures:

5314399644_792d55cb3a_o.jpg

5313806225_b268a8f41a_o.jpg
    I managed to jump over a rocket.

5313806599_488a22db8f_o.jpg
    Which resulted in a nice action movie shot.

5314402852_db9c38dcd2_o.jpg
    Amazingly I got out of this ALIVE and won the game with the last two kills.
    (Incidentally I love this picture, the game looks stunning)

5314404520_b0f6937dd8_o.jpg
    My friend scores a DIRECT hit with a gas canister whilst I look on impressed.

5314404852_9373a73618_o.jpg
    Someone gets their own back on him...

5313810923_907940f63c_o.jpg
    He jumps in for the kill and I provide backup from a distance.

5314407262_534ff6c97c_o.jpg
    Drake does "the Superman"

5314407676_277ef00c9b_o.jpg
    Drake shooting me whilst my friend does his best to save my life. He failed. Loved the depth of field on this :)

5314408102_4a388dc1a4_o.jpg
    He did smack him down after my demise though.

Damn I love this game.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Does Cole shoot bullets out of his arms?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Co-op was damned fun. But once I hit this weird bug where I died and my friend had to survive, and then like...I guess it glitched cause he couldn't advance without killing himself and having us both respawn.

If this was arena mode you probly had a bot get stuck on some geometry somewhere in the map making it impossible to find him to get the kill to end the match. This use to happen on the castle map all the time often the game would just time out and move to the next round automaticly.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Malechai wrote: »

If this was arena mode you probly had a bot get stuck on some geometry somewhere in the map making it impossible to find him to get the kill to end the match. This use to happen on the castle map all the time often the game would just time out and move to the next round automaticly.

Nope, it's the standard coop thing. I remember you have to zipline into this big arena, so we kept running in circles strafing and shooting.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    So watching this demo runthrough (http://www.giantbomb.com/uncharted-3-the-burning-chateau-demo/17-3657/)

It's funny but something is still a bit off.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The only thing that really looks off is the melee animations. The hits aren't lining up with the enemies reactions right. But hey, they've still got a year to improve this stuff.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Finally got my hands on the first Uncharted game after having played the second, and, man, the improvements in 2 really shine. The sixaxis stuff is bullshit, and the shooting sections aren't nearly as fun.

Ceno on
  • Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yep, that's why you'll often hear people say to play the first one first. It's not so much about spoiling the plot (there really isn't that much to spoil) but more that so much of the gameplay and the game design has been refined. The first one is still a good game, but after playing the second one, it doesn't nearly as good.

0blique on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah after playing the second one, it's very hard to go back and play with sixaxis grenade throwing.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sixaxis grenade throwing was easy, wimps.

While Uncharted 2 was a roller coaster from start to finish, Uncharted 1 was a bit more settled, with a bit less super linearity and more brutal AI. I love both games for different reasons.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I really enjoyed the six axis throwing.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Me too, here's hoping the leave the option to turn on the sixaxis throws for U3. Having that on helped alot in the plunder game mode for making tricky treasure tosses.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Malechai wrote: »

If I'm thinking about the right map, there's a balcony with a broken railing where they spawn from. Whenever it feels like we're hunting for the last manz I just chuck a grenade up there and almost always come away with a kill.

And sixaxis sucks! :P

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    And sixaxis sucks! :P

You clearly just don't have the groove, man. :)

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fantastic breakdown of the Uncharted 3 trailer.

http://gigaboots.com/?p=182

Ignore the "witty" banter and be amazed by all the tiny details ND threw in.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We talked about the movie in the Video Game Industry thread, and re-reading his IGN comments just piss me off more. Poor Naughty Dog and poor Nolan North. They're going to have to sit back and watch the franchise they built up come crashing down in a ball of shit.

Decoy on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Oh, Uncharted? I'm not gonna play that shit, I saw the movie and it was terrible."

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I guess Sony's quality control team got hacked as well.

hiyoooooo

Ceno on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nathan Drake once asked: "What does frivolity mean?!"

Well Mr. Drake, the answer is: "Uncharted: The Movie: The Game: The Sopranos."

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Desperate times, eh?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png