As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Computer issues....

galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I think I know what this is, but I want to make sure of it before I go ahead with my solution.

Got my computer. Had it for 2 years or so. One morning I wake up and find my computer has BSOD'ed. OK, this happens sometimes, I reboot.

Computer now loads the initial screen showing the logo of the manufacturer (Velocity Micro), but once that's gone it sticks. Nothing loads, don't even see the Windows logo. Nothing whirring inside the case. Whole thing's got power, lights on, monitor on, but blank screen.

It's now stuck like this. No matter how often I reboot it or how long I wait, it doesn't load. What can be causing this, and how do I fix?

linksig.jpg
galenblade on

• Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What OS? Can you get it to boot to safe mode (or even recognize the F8 menu)?

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot