As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You're Thor? Well it hurts

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would be shocked if they went ahead with Iron Man 3 if they had to recast Downey

YaYa on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Can someone please make me a Robert Downey Jr. "Deal With It" gif

Grey Ghost on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can someone please make me a Robert Downey Jr. "Deal With It" gif

Instead of sunglasses have the faceplate being lowered onto his head.

KalTorak on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This is interesting, from AV Club's article
    And while it seems as though the studios are confident they can move on without him, and are still pushing ahead with the plan to have Iron Man 3 in theaters by May 3, 2013, what’s not clear at this point is whether star Robert Downey Jr.—who has final say on director in his Iron Man contract—will cooperate or join Favreau in exiting out of loyalty, or even fear that Favreau’s style is crucial to Iron Man’s success.

Downey has final say? That's an interesting clause

Wow that could really hurt the success of Iron Man 3 financially. At this point Downey IS Tony Stark.

He's always been Tony Stark. It just took the world a while to catch up.

jackal on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So some people think that Favreau got canned because he wanted too much money. He got $500,000 for the first Iron Man and $10,000,000 for the second, so if it went up that's a significant chunk of change
    “Still other industry insiders look at Favreau's growing price tag and speculate that he was getting too expensive for the frugal Marvel and its equally cost-conscious parent company, Disney. In fact, one Hollywood player familiar with Marvel's playbook theorizes that the company had been pushing a confusing and packed vision of the third film as a tactic to provoke Favreau into leaving the project.”

And recently Favreau was interviewed by MTV and he was all like
    “In theory, Iron Man 3 is going to be a sequel or continuation of Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Avengers. This whole world … I have no idea what it is. I don’t think they do either, from conversations I’ve had with those guys.”

Man this sucks

Favreau's got a talent and a passion for this franchise and switching up directors rarely works out that well

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If Iron Man 3 was going to be a continuation of all those other movies, it doesn't really make sense to call it Iron Man 3 now does it? Hmm.

I hope it turns out okay though. I'd like to see Iron Man 3 be an actual film about Iron Man specifically and his own set of villains, with maybe the nod here or there to the other films...

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    it sounds cool in theory but iron man 2 was busy enough with his recurring characters

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    how the fuck can Marvel be frugal

they've got Mickey Mouse bankrolling their shit

YaYa on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Disney is cheapskates apparently

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In this economy, it's definitely a good idea to boot the guy successfully helming a popular franchise and take a chance on some new asshole...

KalTorak on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    'in this economy' is how everyone all the time has to start their sentences.

Kusuguttai on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    not in this economy, do you have any idea how much the rights to that phrase cost

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited December 2010
    in this economy, you can't even afford to say words. fuckin' a, man

Kusuguttai on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    in this economy, women can't afford to sleep with Kusu because of the rising cost of penicillin.

Bad-Beat on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    more like penis-illin'

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited December 2010
    Anyway...

Bad-Beat on
    edited December 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    in this economy, women can't afford to sleep with Kusu because of the rising cost of penicillin.

In this economy, I havent even slept with more than two people!

SO FUCK YOU BUDDY

Kusuguttai on
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for proving my point. ;)

Bad-Beat on
    edited December 2010
    in this economy, penicilin has nothing to do with it
    it's my unnaturally boring and socially awkward tendencies

i was hanging out with this girl i really like earlier today
    told her i like my girls like i like my coffee

sweet, with lots of cream on top

Kusuguttai on
    edited December 2010
    "In this economy" is another non-sequitur prefix you can add for fun and games, just like "I don't want to sound racist, but..."

KalTorak on
    edited December 2010
    I'm not trying to be racist, but in this economy, i don't even think shawn can afford grape drank anymore.

Kusuguttai on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    "In this economy" is another non-sequitur prefix you can add for fun and games, just like "I don't want to sound racist, but..."

I don't wan to sound racist, but in this economy, the Finnish are more valuable as a food source than as actual employees.

Man, you're right. It is fun.

chiasaur11 on
    edited December 2010
    mine was better.

Kusuguttai on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was hungry and desired a snack. I'm all out of snacks and sweet cereal due to my war with Mars and the BooBerries.

So I broke out the tortilla chips I get from the Mexican restaurant down the way, and looked through the cupboard for what I could put on them. I was out of salsa if you were wondering.

The only thing I had was honey.

I now have a new favorite snack.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010

I have heard stories about how they almost never pay a construction company for work done at theme parks because it's cheaper for them to get sued and drag it out in court.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Geek wrote: »

I have heard stories about how they almost never pay a construction company for work done at theme parks because it's cheaper for them to get sued and drag it out in court.

Well it isn't like they were named after a saint...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've heard stories about how Walt Disney is actually a ghostly undying monster that appears as an emaciated pale figure late at night within the park and hunts the living for their precious vital essences

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've heard that if you stare at the Ferris Wheel in California Adventure too long you start thinking anti-semitic thoughts

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm a big fan of how artist Bill Peet depicted Walt Disney.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    honestly, with the money they make on these movies, they can probably afford favreau and it's kind of dumb for them not to pay whatever he asks, as long as it isn't some seriously outrageous 50% of profits kind of thing

Quoth on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Marvel was frugal before they were bought by Disney

DrIanMalcolm on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Iron Man 3, directed by Warren Ellis

Weaver on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Delayed until 2022

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited December 2010
    hahahahahah

Weaver on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Weaver wrote: »

Extremis baby

Solar on
    edited December 2010
    Solar wrote: »

Extremis baby

I loved Extremis

that power set gave me the wonderful scene of Tony pulling a mach-3 bodyslam on Graviton and then lifting Cap up by his throat like it ain't no thing

Weaver on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Extremis baby

I loved Extremis

that power set gave me the wonderful scene of Tony pulling a mach-3 bodyslam on Graviton and then lifting Cap up by his throat like it ain't no thing

Extremis is great

I'd love to see it in a film

Some guys has Tony Star and his buddies all at gunpoint and he's like "you don't have your armour now hahaha"

And then Tony is like "wrong bitch" and he armours up and kicks the bad guys ass and it is awesome

Solar on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Disney buying Marvel is still surreal to me.

Just crazy to think about.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    edited December 2010

Extremis baby

I loved Extremis

Extremis is great

I'd love to see it in a film

Some guys has Tony Star and his buddies all at gunpoint and he's like "you don't have your armour now hahaha"

And then Tony is like "wrong bitch" and he armours up and kicks the bad guys ass and it is awesome

There were a couple of good nods to it in 2, with the blood poisoning and how easily he hacked congress' TVs

Weaver on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

On the popular Disney serieses, they make a spin off after three seasons. Because after three seasons they would have to pay full rate for everyone on the crew. So they just make it a spin off until the kids are too old and then they make a new show.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png