Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dragons of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist. [Skyrim]

1565758596062»

Posts

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Elder Scrolls VII: Jump More Harder

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    With Kinect support.

    bO0v7.png
  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls VII: The Legend of Springheel Jak

  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bethesda Hacked, Details About To Be Leaked

    LulzSec, who have claimed responsibility for many of the gaming hacks of late, have announced they’ve had access to Bethesda/Zenimax’s data for a couple of months, and are planning on releasing details today. They’ve been winding up BethSoft all day, threatening to release details of a number of games, including Brink. However, in their usual way, they are suggesting they’ll go easy on them because “we love Call of Cthulhu.” They rather spuriously suggest this is motivated by a lack of details on Skyrim, but even if they received some, plan “to embarrass you anyway.”


    As usual LulzSec’s Twitter feed is a mixture of taunting boasts and in-fighting with others in the community, but in the mix is the claim that they currently have over 200,000 users’ details. That’s the bit they suggest they might not leak because of the power of 2005′s Cthulhu game, co-published by Bethesda.

    But for some reason the focus of their attack seems to be Brink. Yesterday they warned, “Say your prayers, Brink users.” Seemingly in response to protests from others who pointed out that there’s little argument for their being victims they explained, “If you want ethics, go cry to #Anonymous,” indicating their anarchic motivations are far less politically or socially driven than the Fawkesian crowd. “We did it because they couldn’t stop us,” is the reasoning.

    They explain that they’ve had access to the Bethesda data for a couple of months, but seem to be waiting for a couple more details before they release it all. And then comes the threat just a few minutes ago that if Bethesda gives “everyone more info on Skyrim and we’ll keep the user database to ourselves. However we are going to embarrass you anyway. :D” Then they push their teasing one step further suggesting, “Bethesda, add an official LulzSec top hat to Skyrim and we’ll remove your admin configurations from our incoming leak. Deal?”

    It’s clearly an extremely unpleasant experience for those at Bethesda, and it’s a demonstration of what is behind these hacks: the lulz. Those trying to fathom a pattern, or guess what form of revenge or injustice is behind their motivations needs to understand that no such thing is relevant. It’s not even because it’s found to be funny, nor to prove hacking prowess (although that’s clearly a factor along the way). It’s because they can. Thus, lulz.

    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/13/bethesda-hacked-details-about-to-be-leaked/

    bO0v7.png
  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wish I had that much free time

    qJGPzDc.jpg
    Satan Info/Wishlist Post (small update 11/20)
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    a group titling themselves lulzsec ought to be taken out and shot.

    edit: that article seems confused. They are doing because they find it funny. As much as I hate it that...that is what lulz means. doing it for the lulz etymology lawls lols laughing out loud

  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Bethesda Hacked, Details About To Be Leaked

    LulzSec, who have claimed responsibility for many of the gaming hacks of late, have announced they’ve had access to Bethesda/Zenimax’s data for a couple of months, and are planning on releasing details today. They’ve been winding up BethSoft all day, threatening to release details of a number of games, including Brink. However, in their usual way, they are suggesting they’ll go easy on them because “we love Call of Cthulhu.” They rather spuriously suggest this is motivated by a lack of details on Skyrim, but even if they received some, plan “to embarrass you anyway.”


    As usual LulzSec’s Twitter feed is a mixture of taunting boasts and in-fighting with others in the community, but in the mix is the claim that they currently have over 200,000 users’ details. That’s the bit they suggest they might not leak because of the power of 2005′s Cthulhu game, co-published by Bethesda.

    But for some reason the focus of their attack seems to be Brink. Yesterday they warned, “Say your prayers, Brink users.” Seemingly in response to protests from others who pointed out that there’s little argument for their being victims they explained, “If you want ethics, go cry to #Anonymous,” indicating their anarchic motivations are far less politically or socially driven than the Fawkesian crowd. “We did it because they couldn’t stop us,” is the reasoning.

    They explain that they’ve had access to the Bethesda data for a couple of months, but seem to be waiting for a couple more details before they release it all. And then comes the threat just a few minutes ago that if Bethesda gives “everyone more info on Skyrim and we’ll keep the user database to ourselves. However we are going to embarrass you anyway. :D” Then they push their teasing one step further suggesting, “Bethesda, add an official LulzSec top hat to Skyrim and we’ll remove your admin configurations from our incoming leak. Deal?”

    It’s clearly an extremely unpleasant experience for those at Bethesda, and it’s a demonstration of what is behind these hacks: the lulz. Those trying to fathom a pattern, or guess what form of revenge or injustice is behind their motivations needs to understand that no such thing is relevant. It’s not even because it’s found to be funny, nor to prove hacking prowess (although that’s clearly a factor along the way). It’s because they can. Thus, lulz.

    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/13/bethesda-hacked-details-about-to-be-leaked/

    it's not against the rules to call people outside of the forums assholes, is it?

  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i hate children

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Cream of my compulsions Rising to the tip of the spoutRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zoinks

    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    3DS: 2251-4432-9039

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i'm sure these people are technically adults but

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Epic was hacked, too.

    bO0v7.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Bethesda Hacked, Details About To Be Leaked

    LulzSec, who have claimed responsibility for many of the gaming hacks of late, have announced they’ve had access to Bethesda/Zenimax’s data for a couple of months, and are planning on releasing details today. They’ve been winding up BethSoft all day, threatening to release details of a number of games, including Brink. However, in their usual way, they are suggesting they’ll go easy on them because “we love Call of Cthulhu.” They rather spuriously suggest this is motivated by a lack of details on Skyrim, but even if they received some, plan “to embarrass you anyway.”


    As usual LulzSec’s Twitter feed is a mixture of taunting boasts and in-fighting with others in the community, but in the mix is the claim that they currently have over 200,000 users’ details. That’s the bit they suggest they might not leak because of the power of 2005′s Cthulhu game, co-published by Bethesda.

    But for some reason the focus of their attack seems to be Brink. Yesterday they warned, “Say your prayers, Brink users.” Seemingly in response to protests from others who pointed out that there’s little argument for their being victims they explained, “If you want ethics, go cry to #Anonymous,” indicating their anarchic motivations are far less politically or socially driven than the Fawkesian crowd. “We did it because they couldn’t stop us,” is the reasoning.

    They explain that they’ve had access to the Bethesda data for a couple of months, but seem to be waiting for a couple more details before they release it all. And then comes the threat just a few minutes ago that if Bethesda gives “everyone more info on Skyrim and we’ll keep the user database to ourselves. However we are going to embarrass you anyway. :D” Then they push their teasing one step further suggesting, “Bethesda, add an official LulzSec top hat to Skyrim and we’ll remove your admin configurations from our incoming leak. Deal?”

    It’s clearly an extremely unpleasant experience for those at Bethesda, and it’s a demonstration of what is behind these hacks: the lulz. Those trying to fathom a pattern, or guess what form of revenge or injustice is behind their motivations needs to understand that no such thing is relevant. It’s not even because it’s found to be funny, nor to prove hacking prowess (although that’s clearly a factor along the way). It’s because they can. Thus, lulz.

    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/13/bethesda-hacked-details-about-to-be-leaked/

    it's not against the rules to call people outside of the forums assholes, is it?

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=19411818#post19411818

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    on the bright side, no source code leak

    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i hate children

    hey now

    don't let one goose give other kids a bad name


  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    when are system reqs for games typically released? as in, how long before the game comes out?

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    The release date's been public for a while now. It's even on the gameplay trailers. 11-11-11

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hahaha Druhim I don't understand that infraction

    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • FearghaillFearghaill Midgard I hear some secret agents only get cars.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dru he's not asking for the release date. He's asking if anyone knows how far in advance of the release date the system requirements can be expected.

    lokisigtrustme.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    *insert dru is old joke here*

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Say your prayers, Brink users"

    Haha what

    Why

    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    oh, sorry Tam

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am glad there is a hacker group out there more retarded than Anonymous.

    That is a thing that was necessary.

  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository PAHK YAH CAH IN DAH YAHD SouthieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've met and seen some interesting people at PAX and otherwise, but I kinda would like to meet one of these people in person to see if they really are that socially crippled and obnoxious or to see if they're actually rampaging beasts of men capable of feats of athleticism and wonder. Those extremes are the only two options.

    Your fuckin' family's dug into the Southie projects like ticks. You, however, grew up on the North Shore, huh? Well, la-di-fuckin'-da. You were kind of a double kid, I bet, right? Huh? One kid with your old man, one kid with your mother. You're upper-middle class during the weeks, then you're droppin' your "R"s and you're hangin' in the big, bad Southie projects with your daddy on the weekends. I got that right?
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As assholish and immature as the hackers are, major corporations (especially in a technology related field) should have better fucking security than this.

    Fugitive wrote: »
    I am glad there is a hacker group out there more retarded than Anonymous.

    That is a thing that was necessary.

    they're barely different

  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    oh, sorry Tam

    no worries, it was pretty bad phrasing on my part too

  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    man, why do people gotta pick on Bethesda

    they've been nothing but gentleman and ladies


  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    As assholish and immature as the hackers are, major corporations (especially in a technology related field) should have better fucking security than this.

    Fugitive wrote: »
    I am glad there is a hacker group out there more retarded than Anonymous.

    That is a thing that was necessary.

    they're barely different

    Stories like this are at least an amusing read.

    Lulzsorandom is just doing dumb boring shit that makes life mildly inconvenient for some people for short periods of time.

  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dubh wrote: »
    man, why do people gotta pick on Bethesda

    they've been nothing but gentleman and ladies

    these people do things "for teh lulz", dubh

    they are not, how do you say, mature and considerate members of humanity

  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    man, why do people gotta pick on Bethesda

    they've been nothing but gentleman and ladies

    these people do things "for teh lulz", dubh

    they are not, how do you say, mature and considerate members of humanity

    I knoooooow

    it's just saddening to think about

    basically:

    tumblr_l3im3in2re1qbd84ho1_500.png


  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A FoxNews report on the group quoted one commentator, Brandon Pike, who claimed that Lulz Security is affiliated with the Anonymous group. Lulz Security claimed that Pike had actually hired it to hack PBS. Pike denied the accusation and claims it was leveled against him because he said Lulz Security was a splinter of the Anonymous group.

    I dunno, that's kinda funny

  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Luz Sec wrote:
    Greetings Internets,

    This is a story all about how we made Bethesda Softworks, ZeniMax
    Media, and everything they own, our bitch for life.

    As you should know, The Lulz Boat stores vast amounts of booty;
    much of this booty we don't release as it's simply too shiny and/or
    delicious. As of late, certain inferior sailing boats have discovered
    flaws in Brink (brinkthegame.com), thinking themselves exciting and new.

    Too late. The Lulz Boat controls this ocean, chumps.

    Some weeks ago, we smashed into Brink with our heavy artillery Lulz
    Cannons and decided to switch to ninja mode. From our LFI entry point,
    we acquired command execution via local file inclusion of enemy fleet
    Apache vessel. We then found that the HTTPD had SSH auth keys, which
    let our ship SSH into other servers. See where this is going?

    We then switched to root ammunition rounds.
    And we rooted... and rooted... and rooted...

    After mapping their internal network and thoroughly pillaging all of
    their servers, we grabbed all their source code and database passwords,
    which we proceeded to shift silently back to our storage deck.

    Please find enclosed everything we took, excluding one thing -
    200,000+ Brink users. We actually like this company and would
    like for them to speed up the production of Skyrim, so we'll
    give them one less thing to worry about. You're welcome! :D

    Please keep making awesome games, guys, and you should
    totally add an official LulzSec top hat to new releases.

    But anyway, bwahahaha... >:]

    Oh how fucking considerate of them.
    I bet they feel really fucking accomplished hacking out of their moms basement.

  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    well, there's always the chance the FBI or Interpol or whatever will get 'em

    that would be nice to see


  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
This discussion has been closed.