As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What to do in Chicago?

initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I decided I needed a break after the end of my last semester so I grabbed a spontaneous flight out to the Chicago area. I'm seeing family for a few days, a music video shoot my cousin is working at and seeing Minus the Bear on thursday but that still leaves a few days without plans. So far my night looks like it's going to be Gino's East and lounging around.

I feel like I already did all the tourists things when I came to the city last time a few years ago so I just plan on wondering around this time in the snow and cold. I was just wondering what there was around town. Good bars? Good food? Good places to go for someone who leans towards the art and is a graphic design student?

initiatefailure on

• Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Have you been to all the museums?

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Field Museum, Shed Aquarium. Eat as much deep dish pizza as you can gets your hands on.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chicago has some of the best breweries in the States.

3 Floyds, Goose Island, Flossmoor all have brewpubs.

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Damnit, lost my post.

Try the Merchandise Mart. It's more open to the public now, and you may be able to get in more as a student.

Check out some design companies. Call up ask for some time/tour as a student looking to move here.

Yeah, Goose Island is cool. Got some good jazz/music places too.

MichaelLC on