As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Hey ludious what spec is your rogue?

Assassination. Mutilate is the only the viable dps spec right now. Rogues need a lot of tweaking. Now YMMV. There's always a chance that some combination of high end gear and weapons makes combat bad ass, but right now it's no contest. You can use combat if you want. But you'd have trouble breaking even 10k dps in a game that has casters doing 20 and 30k dps.

Ludious on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

Assassination. Mutilate is the only the viable dps spec right now. Rogues need a lot of tweaking. Now YMMV. There's always a chance that some combination of high end gear and weapons makes combat bad ass, but right now it's no contest. You can use combat if you want. But you'd have trouble breaking even 10k dps in a game that has casters doing 20 and 30k dps.

Well I wanted to play assassination anyway because poison mechanics are my favorite things

What is the rotation like?

Is it just vendetta a boss- get slice+ dice up-> mutilate to 4 points - envenom -> then just mut/envenom and backstab at 35%?

do you open with ambush?

Arch on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tumblr_ldgf95kakt1qz5q5oo1_500.jpg
    The 60's were awesome.

Lawn darts.

Cars with sharp metal fins all over them.

No seatbelts.

I liked (except wood).

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mark zuckerberg as person of the year. Great article too.

Evil Multifarious on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well I wanted to play assassination anyway because poison mechanics are my favorite things

Is it just vendetta a boss- get slice+ dice up-> mutilate to 4 points - envenom -> then just mut/envenom and backstab at 35%?

do you open with ambush?

You open with Garrote or Mutilate actually. There's big debate on this. And actually you want to get S&D AND rupture up. You can throw Vendetta in there as often as it refreshes and you wanna hit cold blood for a 5 point envenom every chance you get. At 35% you -only- want to backstab and envenom, mutilate comes out of the rotation. Also, you want to vanish to refresh overkill if you can. If you're in a raid with another Rogue you also want to Tricks of the Trade each other.

Ludious on
    edited December 2010

Except you know, he wasn't actually the winner.

Ludious on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

do you open with ambush?

You open with Garrote or Mutilate actually. There's big debate on this. And actually you want to get S&D AND rupture up. You can throw Vendetta in there as often as it refreshes and you wanna hit cold blood for a 5 point envenom every chance you get. At 35% you -only- want to backstab and envenom, mutilate comes out of the rotation. Also, you want to vanish to refresh overkill if you can. If you're in a raid with another Rogue you also want to Tricks of the Trade each other.

huh. sounds interesting. When I pick up cata it is goblin rogue time (most likely around christmas)

EDIT: so its not only poison DoTs it is also bleed DoTs

i liiiike

Arch on
    edited December 2010

Time's person of the year? It's Zuckerberg. Not sure what you're talking about.

Evil Multifarious on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Facebook is so last year tho

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2010

Yes but assange won time's poll

Ludious on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Yes but assange won time's poll

Polls don't determine who receives the reward, though. Last time they did that, everyone just voted for himself.

Time_youcover01.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2010
    I didn't think poty was done by poll anyways

Evil Multifarious on
    edited December 2010
    the best was when they put a mirror on the cover and said YOU! were person of the year!

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2010
    Bet Dracula was pissed

Ludious on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the best was when they put a mirror on the cover and said YOU! were person of the year!

I felt good that day.

WMain00 on
    edited December 2010
    and people wonder why print is dead

nexuscrawler on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Always remember to put it on your resume.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There were rumblings about Assange being time's person of the year for a while. I would imagine they changed it to avoid controversy (like in 2002 or whenever when they swapped out Osama Bin Ladin for GWB).

I don't recall Zuckerberg really doing anything to warrent the award this year, beyond facebook going through revamp #1,382. Sure there was a movie made about him but that's not really a thing he did.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Hey now

revamping Facebook to make its interface suck even more isn't easy

nexuscrawler on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

i remembered that was a big thing in H/A, whether or not you put that on your resume

Rent on
    edited December 2010
    It's more a recognition of the extent to which facebook is altering the internet and how we interact with each other online

you should read the article, it's interesting

Evil Multifarious on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Remember that time the Time's Person of the Year was actually an insightful and thought-provoking choice for a relevant and important individual?

Yeah, neither do I.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's more a recognition of the extent to which facebook is altering the internet and how we interact with each other online

you should read the article, it's interesting

Facebook's been around for like, what....6 years now? Isn't it a little late?

Iunno, I'm always skeptical of print media about the internet because it always sounds like they JUST discovered it and are fascinated by this concept of a 'world-wide-web."

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, playing Poppy is fun.

It's great to hit mid-game and find the enemy team's carry and wander up to them.

If this video were a recreation of the encounters, Poppy would be Patrick Ewing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmKxjHO2t7Y

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited December 2010
    If I read it online does it still count as print?

Evil Multifarious on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For some reason I want to watch Nine to Five.

RMS Oceanic on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ugh, this guy doesn't want to grasp the concept that we're not going to assist him in breaking the copy protection method of his capture card. It violates our agreement with the card provider. And no, his sworn word that he won't pirate our software, and that he'll delete the firmware update and installer doesn't quite cut it with me.

Thomamelas on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Dolly Parton's boobs the reason?

Thomamelas on
    edited December 2010
    bad things just happened from my butt

Ludious on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

If I had to put a number on it, I'd say that's at least 43.1234% of the reason. :winky:

RMS Oceanic on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, the University of Mass's answer-by-email service was, unsurprisingly, completely unhelpful. I'd call them but the time difference and lack of available phones makes that awkward. : /

I will respond to their response email and hopefully they will be more useful this time and if not I will call them from Germany.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    bad things just happened from my butt

Just do what they do at Camp Crystal Lake. Dump the evidence in a body of water and never speak of it again.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2010

If I had to put a number on it, I'd say that's at least 43.1234% of the reason. :winky:

And that's just the right boob.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »

i remembered that was a big thing in H/A, whether or not you put that on your resume
    I remember that. It was brilliant.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited December 2010

And that's just the right boob.

That Dollywood doesn't have a roller coaster called "Magic Mountains" is a damn shame.

Thomamelas on
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

do you open with ambush?

One of two ways to dps ( at least the 2 ways i find best)
    Garrote-> w/e combo points you have ->Slice and dice-> mut 4 cbps envenom-> mut 4-5 cbps bleed (forget name ) then envenoms, reapply bleed as needed, BS at 35%. As for vendetta it depends when you can get the most damage in on the boss so it might not be a first thing pop.

2nd way:

Garrote-> mut 4-5 cbps-> bleed-> S/D if you get the 1 cbp if not mut once-> envenom-> bleed reapply/envenom

You need to keep the bleed up because a talent in the assassination tree gives the bleed ticks a chance to proc extra damage and grant energy.

edit: and lud where the hell are you seeing 20-30k dps at 85?

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
    edited December 2010
    umm

gopYm.jpg

Ludious on
    edited December 2010
    jesus Lud some of us are eating

nexuscrawler on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What the hell, Ludious.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jesus Lud some of us are eating

Not any more we aren't

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.