As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam | CHRISTMAS SALE! - Wait for Daily Deals on Games You Want

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok, so whoever suggested Eversion

I had no idea what it was going into it, didn't bother reading anything about it, and man, was that a trip

Maddoc on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Inzigna wrote: »
    I just bought the Oddworld pack. Has anyone else gotten it?

I have. Pretty disappointed by Stranger's Wrath. My computer should be easily able to run it but it still lags atrociously, haven't tried Munch's Oddyssy yet. If you didn't have the 2 Abe games though its totally worth it, those two games are great.

So.. The two Abe games are extremely difficult to control for some reason, and I've essentially set them aside from disappointment. Stranger's Wrath works fine on my PC aside from some frame rate issues and some wrong control mapping (using a 360 controller). I've not tried Munch's game either, but I'm hoping it'll save me from some disappointment.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We still on the same thread? damn. Anyway, here's hoping for mass effect in a daily deal today.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    We still on the same thread? damn. Anyway, here's hoping for mass effect in a daily deal today.

I liked Mass Effect on the 360 better, despite it looking better on the PC. Nevertheless, I hope you get it in a daily deal soon!

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've had them on the 360 but it broke about a month after the second game came out. I miss them :(

Big Classy on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm really torn about what to do with Mass Effect.

I finished it in awesome fashion on my brothers 360, then I moved out of home. After hearing about the impending sequel, I bought it on Steam to play through it on PC (as I don't own a 360) and... Well I just didn't feel like playing the same 8++ hours over again.

How much do I miss out on by just skipping to ME2 and not playing through ME1 on PC?

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »

I finished it in awesome fashion on my brothers 360, then I moved out of home. After hearing about the impending sequel, I bought it on Steam to play through it on PC (as I don't own a 360) and... Well I just didn't feel like playing the same 8++ hours over again.

How much do I miss out on by just skipping to ME2 and not playing through ME1 on PC?

default choices suck.

There is a savegame editor, though, which allows you to effectively import a Shepard close to yours.

Tamin on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I caved in and grabbed the first FEAR for $2.50 instead of the complete pack. I figure that's a ton of content for the price, and the second is bound to be on sale again between now and when I actually finish the first.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I didn't even look at the pack. I figure I'm too big a pussy to finish anyone of them anyway.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tamin wrote: »

default choices suck.

There is a savegame editor, though, which allows you to effectively import a Shepard close to yours.

Oh nice! I'll snoop around online to find a suitable candidate...

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

default choices suck.

www.masseffectsaves.com

schuss on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    schuss wrote: »

default choices suck.

www.masseffectsaves.com

A treasure trove! Thank you muchly :)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The JesterThe Jester Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is anyone still having problems with declined cards other than me? Didn't work yesterday either but I figured it was only because of the initial sale frenzy.

The Jester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam ID The Jester
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I had one last sale, put in a support ticket. Mine was responded to within 24 hours - you might miss a day of sales, but at least you'll have the rest, eh?

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It may just bea temporary error with their system. Its happened to me a few times in the past.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was going to buy ME2 in the last sale, but the fact i'd need to download all the DLC stuff again put me off.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    The JesterThe Jester Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    @ Jintor & Big ISy: Ok thanks, I'll try that

The Jester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam ID The Jester
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hard luck! I wanted to ask a friend to buy Bad Company 2 for me but he's on a business trip until next Wednesday so he's missing the sale himself.
    If any American forum member could help me getting it I would be immensely grateful (here in Europe it's $18).
    I am currently at work lunch break and don't have access to Paypal (it's strange but PA forums aren't filtered, at least yet) but I would be back at home in 5 hours from now.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Ok, so I was trying to be all cool about it and make a neat picture for it all, but it isn't working, so hopefully people see this post.

GET A FREE GAME!

I've been gifted a bunch so far already, so I'm going to start paying it forward (or back I suppose, depending on if someone who's gifted me also wins). Anyway..

Pick a game from the daily deals, PM me with (and this is the important part):

Your Steam pofile LINK - I want to make sure I've got the right person.
    The game of your choice

That's it. The only other rule is that you've got to have a PA forum profile that is at least 3 months old and 100 posts. Sorry new people, but I feel like our Thanksgiving crazy-awesome-ness attracted a lot of people and I want to give back to people who've been here a while and are at least half-active.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning to see how many people I've got PMs from, then I'm going to randomly draw a winner and gift the game.

You guys have 5 minutes to get a last minute entry in. Then I'm rolling the RNG here.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok, so I was trying to be all cool about it and make a neat picture for it all, but it isn't working, so hopefully people see this post.

GET A FREE GAME!

I've been gifted a bunch so far already, so I'm going to start paying it forward (or back I suppose, depending on if someone who's gifted me also wins). Anyway..

Pick a game from the daily deals, PM me with (and this is the important part):

Your Steam pofile LINK - I want to make sure I've got the right person.
    The game of your choice

That's it. The only other rule is that you've got to have a PA forum profile that is at least 3 months old and 100 posts. Sorry new people, but I feel like our Thanksgiving crazy-awesome-ness attracted a lot of people and I want to give back to people who've been here a while and are at least half-active.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning to see how many people I've got PMs from, then I'm going to randomly draw a winner and gift the game.

You guys have 5 minutes to get a last minute entry in. Then I'm rolling the RNG here.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/0198/
    Prince of Persia 2008

Hope I'm not too late!

EDIT: Reading Comprehension Fail

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am crossing every finger, toe, and testicle, Arc. :P

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Red TrousersRed Trousers Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aaargh, forgot about the internal grappling that comes with these sales.

4 and a half hours to decide whether I should get Bad Company 2

Red Trousers on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GET SUPER MEAT BOY

Ok I'm paying it forward too! Write a poem, a good one, the best one, will get SMB!

PM me too, cause I won't be able to keep up with this thread at all.

Heck, forget the poem, who wants Super Meat Boy? Just PM me, I'll check in a bit.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

You should get it! Even at the higher EU-price, its worth every penny! :)

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Hard luck! I wanted to ask a friend to buy Bad Company 2 for me but he's on a business trip until next Wednesday so he's missing the sale himself.
    If any American forum member could help me getting it I would be immensely grateful (here in Europe it's $18).
    I am currently at work lunch break and don't have access to Paypal (it's strange but PA forums aren't filtered, at least yet) but I would be back at home in 5 hours from now.

£6.79 or there about in the UK. Unless Vietnam is on sale in the USA for alot more in which case I'm in the same boat D:

Big Classy on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Congradulations, AdditionalPylons!

You have won a copy of Titan's Quest: Gold Edition!

For those of you who didn't win, check back after the daily sale games change over this afternoon!
    edit: 53 entries, for those of you who are curious.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Mantiz wrote: »

You should get it! Even at the higher EU-price, its worth every penny! :)

Lol, sold.

Will take me about half an hour as the NHS have decided they don't need to update their IE from version 6 or the laptops from a 1ghz processor.

Red Trousers on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Titans Quest is pretty danged good.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It is indeed once you get into it. Can start off a bit slow.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If I have the expansion, is there any reason to play regular titan quest? I'm assuming no, but you never know.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    If I have the expansion, is there any reason to play regular titan quest? I'm assuming no, but you never know.

When you install the expansion you run Titan Quest from there, not the original game. The expansion parts aren't effectively played until the end of the game.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Or not, stupid NHS computers.

Will have to wait until I get home.

Red Trousers on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »
    GET SUPER MEAT BOY

Ok I'm paying it forward too! Write a poem, a good one, the best one, will get SMB!

PM me too, cause I won't be able to keep up with this thread at all.

Heck, forget the poem, who wants Super Meat Boy? Just PM me, I'll check in a bit.

Curse my utter lack of knowledge of the arcane arts of English pronunciation! I can't make a poem in English that rhymes if I don't even know how half the words are supposed to sound, but I want Meat Boy and would feel bad if I just begged for it! :(

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    EpeliEpeli Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Would anyone from the US to be willing to "trade" games? The EU price for Bad Company 2 is over twice the amount and I'd rather use the difference for another game.

Edit: And by trade I mean I gift you something of an equal value.

Epeli on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have know idea whats going on but I know that the steam sale page looks dead sexy.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If I had any money left, I would totally buy some gifts for you guys. You'll just have to settle for The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom.
    Someone send me a pm. :P

Rizzi on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

When you install the expansion you run Titan Quest from there, not the original game. The expansion parts aren't effectively played until the end of the game.

Ok, I figured it'd be like Diablo 2 in that respect.

Also, It doesn't seem to know that I also have regular Titan Quest installed. And regular Titan Quest won't run.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Good morning Steam thread.

I played Deus Ex for the first time last night (thanks ProjectMayhem) and all I could think after going to bed is why don't they make games like this anymore?

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »

£6.79 or there about in the UK. Unless Vietnam is on sale in the USA for alot more in which case I'm in the same boat D:

Vietnam is $15, so works out about the same as the UK price (£9.99)

I'd be willing to Paypal any US member who would be kind enough to buy BC2 (not Vietnam) for me.

Red Trousers on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    1) I usually read every goddamn page of you, Steam Thread. But I just can't do 50 pages in a stretch this morning. You broke me.

2) This sale is absolutely nuts. Bonkers. This is just one day? I will simply cease to be.

3) You tell me how many of my wishlist games are on sale, Steam? Well played.

4) Where the gift packs at?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2