The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
This OP has been updated to reflect the current status of the forum badge. The final version looks like this:
The rear of the badge looks like this:
Note that the names on the back of the badge have now been compiled and are shown on the above image. A total of 264 names managed to get on the badge this year.
To get hold of a badge you need to be taking part in an Unofficial PrePAX East event (listed below)
Pre-PAX East Dinner
Pre PAX East Gaming Night
Pre-PAX Bar Crawl
Pre PAX Lunchtime Fried Food Extravaganza
Mystery Magical Tour
Or go to the BYOC registration desk at PAX East from 12pm Friday 11th March to Sunday 13th March 4pm and collect one. Note that you will be asked at least one question to prove that you are from the forums. The questions along with their answers are as follows:
1) Name an unofficial PAX East community event:
* PAX East Train Alliance
* Pre-PAX East Dinner
* Pre PAX East Gaming Night
* Cookie Brigade
* Pre-PAX Bar Crawl
* Pre PAX Lunchtime Fried Food Extravaganza
* Mystery Magical Tour
2) Who made the Forum Badges and what is she/he full of?
Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN], who is full of Awesome and Win.
3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?
4) Name the primary forum admin
5) What are exchanged by Forum members during PAX East?
Trading cards. 'Greetings' is also a valid answer, although a little trite
6) What colour are the forums in?
Blue background with white text.
7) Why do key forum threads have the word [East] as a prefix in their titles?
They are threads that relate to PAX East 2011 in Boston as opposed to PAX Prime in Seattle.
8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during the event. What is this group called?
The Cookie (& Biscuit) Brigade
9) What ornament is imprinted on the rear of the PAX East 2011 Forum Badge?
A wax seal
10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX East is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?
Note that all badges come with their own A6 sized plastic holder that is immune from violent attacks from ketchup spillages. They are also completely FREE.