As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Ignore me. :P

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I guess PS3 buyerstechnically get this well, today. You stink.

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    I guess PS3 buyerstechnically get this well, today. You stink.

Thanks, Corpekata. Sorting through all the info, new and old, is a bit of a challenge.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    freelancepolicefreelancepolice Registered User regular
    Anyone want the last copy from my four-pack for $10? First PM gets it.
    Pm'd you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm high on crack, but I'm seeing that the Global Gameplay Stats already have %s in them.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/65800/achievements

Could they somehow be from users on other platforms? As Steam specific cheevos though, I wouldn't think so. Oh well.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Decoy wrote:
    Maybe I'm high on crack, but I'm seeing that the Global Gameplay Stats already have %s in them.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/65800/achievements

Could they somehow be from users on other platforms? As Steam specific cheevos though, I wouldn't think so. Oh well.
    Nothing there anymore.

The PC review codes went out within the last 15 hours apparently.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Hah, weird. I still see %s.

Doesn't really matter though. I'm just happy the game is finally coming out.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Has anyone heard any more on the additonal characters they were planning? The mention of a possible future Necromancer was what got my attention on the game in the first place.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I believe one of the additional characters is supposed to be a jester, and the other a summoner.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    So this comes out at noon tomorrow, hooray! Kind of excited for it, a bit sad the portal gun only works on one character type but oh well

• Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    ebotastic wrote:
    Updated OP, formed a PA DD Steam group.

I'll get more stuff into the OP, things are kind of upside down for me right now.

PC Version bought and steam group joined. And now, to wait!

• Options
    Totalbiscuit has a Hyper WTF is on this:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xu4w2AT3tw&feature=feedu

• Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    Anyone still have a 4-pack spot left or interested in it?

gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Huh...oddly that WTF kinda killed any interest I had in the game. It just looks so slow and slogging. And not really fun at all. Watching that just made me want to go play Sanctum or OMD. :(

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Huh...oddly that WTF kinda killed any interest I had in the game. It just looks so slow and slogging. And not really fun at all. Watching that just made me want to go play Sanctum or OMD. :(
    ehh sanctum lacks the rpg/item collecting/levelling up and OMD lacks the multiplayer, both fatal flaws imo

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    That's a pretty liberal use of the term "fatal flaw", since neither game was supposed to have said things and are both amazingly fun as they are. The don't need the RPG elements as that's a different genre. I appreciate what this game is trying to do, and if there's a demo I will definitely give it a go since my Droid X couldn't handle the app version.

However looking at its component parts in that WTF it doesn't seem to do either the action tower defense as well as the "action" tower defense games like those mention do, and it doesn't do the dungeon crawler aspect as well as any number of dungeon crawlers. Simply adding the two together doesn't necessarily make a game good and/or better than something else. They're different games...I was just sharing that in that WTF it doesn't look fun. At all. To me, obviously.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    That's a pretty liberal use of the term "fatal flaw", since neither game was supposed to have said things and are both amazingly fun as they are. The don't need the RPG elements as that's a different genre. I appreciate what this game is trying to do, and if there's a demo I will definitely give it a go since my Droid X couldn't handle the app version.

However looking at its component parts in that WTF it doesn't seem to do either the action tower defense as well as the "action" tower defense games like those mention do, and it doesn't do the dungeon crawler aspect as well as any number of dungeon crawlers. Simply adding the two together doesn't necessarily make a game good and/or better than something else. They're different games...I was just sharing that in that WTF it doesn't look fun. At all. To me, obviously.

I am kinda leery about how it's going to make the transition, i found it fun as a *free* phone/tablet game but they don't seem to have added anything and they're charging 15$ for it? ehh..we'll see.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited October 2011

I see what you're saying. And I don't think anyone would disagree that the combat certainly looks a lot slower than the very twitchy OMD. But when you look at Part 2, you can tell rather quickly that, while its slower, enemies just... keep... coming. They can really overwhelm you fairly quickly if you don't have a good setup and continue it's upkeep through resource management.

It's really just a matter of each game having its own style. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some OMD and will still play it after this comes out, but I'm really looking forward to this game for the elements Orcs is missing. Namely co-op, PVP, gear, levels, pets, and the rpg-ish nature of the game.

Sadly (and in all honesty) as much as I'm looking forward to playing, I'm not sure there will be too large of a community once the giant wave of Triple A titles start hitting the market starting the late Oct and not letting up til New Years.

But it is what it is.

Decoy on
  • Options
    Part 2 of TotalBiscuit's Hyper WTF is Dungeon Defenders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR0y544W-MQ

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    They've said on their forums there's supposed to be a day and date demo that will have online play as well for any that are on the fence.

Granted, given Trendy's timeliness issues I expect the demo to appear mid-December.

• Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    I'm really liking the difficulty based on the WTF videos. Seems like players will need quite a bit of coordination to make it past the initial levels.

• Options
    Game is officially out on PS3 now. Might not show up on the front page yet but if you use the search bar you'll find it.

I'm getting the PC version but I'll mess around with the PS3 demo in the meantime.

• Options
    Corpekata wrote:
    Game is officially out on PS3 now. Might not show up on the front page yet but if you use the search bar you'll find it.

I'm getting the PC version but I'll mess around with the PS3 demo in the meantime.

Thanks again, Corpekata. :)

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Huh, I like the idea of locking in an item you really want in a shop so it doesn't random out the next time you visit.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    A friend just gifted me the PC version out of the blue, which is way awesome, but it was gifted on Gamersgate because he wants me to give him the pre-order bonus pet. I'm cool with that and all, but I can't figure out just when I'm supposed to get the Steam key it supposedly comes with; if its already there and I can't figure out the site, or if it should pop up tomorrow at launch.

Can't find any info on this anywhere since all sane people bought it on Steam, but as a long shot, anyone know about that?

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    Damn can't wait for this game. Does the monk heal and group buffs give him exp?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Game looks quite fun from the preview but TotalBiscuit is so incredibly bad at it that it's making me want the game to come out so I don't have to watch this anymore.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote:
    Game looks quite fun from the preview but TotalBiscuit is so incredibly bad at it that it's making me want the game to come out so I don't have to watch this anymore.

Hah, he's decent at some games, but he seemed to stuggle a bit with DD. But yeah, we all start somewhere.

Still, a few of the obviously misplaced defensive barriers made me facepalm a few times... And the constantly charging into massive enemy groups... As well as the wasting his mana by not doing anything when it was capped except heal due to previous mentioned charging in.

Still, it was a long preview, so I can't really complain.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Hmm, not I'm not entirely sure what class I'd want to play at start. Can anyone pick any class regardless of party composition or is it 1 class per team? If it's the former, I guess you'll need to keep in mind what classes you have with you so you're not limited to blockades but have offensive turrets available.

Edit: Oh god, 3rd person view is so much better thank you for switching to it. Now there just better be an option to disable that crosshair.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    As far as I know parties can have any class composition, and you can also change classes during the build phase so you can have defenses from every class without playing them in the active phase.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    That bounce barrier looks pretty good, except for when those ranged guys were shooting at it.

Anyway I bought it and joined the Steam group. Hopefully I can wake up early enough to play it when it launches. I think I'll probably play the first level once or twice alone to get familiar with the controls before grouping up.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Well, I tried the PS3 demo. Not too shaby. Still torn between Apprentice and Huntress though. Not that it matters seeing as how I can just level up both. Looking forward to having a mouse though. :)

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Looks like Direct 2 Drive released the game early if any of you preordered it there. The devs have stated they're asking the other platforms to do the same rather than stopping D2D, so we might see an earlyish release. Probably not tonight but maybe a few hours before 10.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Excellent. Today I get my defend on.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    It's out, Steam released it early.

• Options
    PeonsPeons Registered User regular
    You might have to restart your steam client to get it to see the download, but it's working for me. Steam is live.

• Options
    Dang. Well, at least I saw this on a night when I randomly wake up in the middle of the night. Guess I can at least start the install.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Played through the first couple of levels solo, it's fun but man it's hard. I'm playing the Apprentice and on the last wave of the second level on Medium I got destroyed. I dunno if my strategy wasn't working or something but I was doing fine until then, and then all my defences were wiped out in seconds and I lost horribly. Hmm.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Apprentice kind of feels like a peashooter at the start. Basically ended up using his knockback AOE more than his standard attacks. I found he was a lote more useable when using isometric camera as far as targeting. Third person works fine for the squire. Didn't try the others yet.

Looks like the Portal gun is gonna be pretty exploitable from a cash perspective. Every character appears to get one even if they can't use it and it vendors for 15k mana, which it looks like will be chump change later on but is quite impressive early in. TF2 pets have lower prices though. They're also lvl 25 so can't be used right away.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Also from playing one of my toons on the "ranked" type it appears that they're going to have holiday themed events, which is a nice touch.

This discussion has been closed.