Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

ebotasticebotastic Going GonzoIn People's HeartsRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in Games and Technology
Dungeon Defenders II has been announced! Expect a free-to-play cooperative tower defense action roleplaying game like the original Dungeon Defenders along with a new, competitive MOBA mode. Here's the multiplayer reveal trailer:

And some cooperative pre-alpha reveal footage, released Friday 3/22:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=614yUkKlof8

Dungeon Defenders info, last updated November:
Spoiler:

ebotastic on
camo_sig2-400.png
Please, call me ebo. I generally play TF2, Dungeon Defenders, Blood Bowl, and someday DotA 2.

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This is my first thread and first OP ever, so I hope I'm doing the game justice and can muster up some anticipation out of you fellows.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Please, call me ebo. I generally play TF2, Dungeon Defenders, Blood Bowl, and someday DotA 2.
  • ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Can't wait to get this game.

• Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am excited for this game!

Had no idea it was cross platform, nor did I know it lacked PvP. Still excited!

Do we know how many players it supports?

calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You got Action in my RTS. And that means I want it.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »

From 1 to 4. So it's possible to have up to 3 of your friends playing with you.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I have this on the iPad and beat the first "Level" (Group of four or so levels, broken up between build and attack phases).

I am loving it - wish you could zoom out further though to get a better idea of what was happening. Also it's easy to get turned around on the iPad version and not know where you are.

I am def. getting this on the PS3... I think my wife and her group of friends are going to latch onto this like the Puzzle Quest addiction that hit a few years ago.

It really is an awesome mix of TD and button masher rpg.

• AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Still not out yet? Waiting for Steam to activate it after I got it for free but the release date keeps getting pushed back (at least, last time I checked in november) :(

edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Still not out yet? Waiting for Steam to activate it after I got it for free but the release date keeps getting pushed back (at least, last time I checked in november) :(

Yeah, I linked to the official "Game is delayed thread" in the OP. Though Trendy didn't outright state it, the consensus is Microsoft, probably because of their game approval process, won't let DD be released until mid-January and requires a simultaneous launch with PS3/PC versions to be on the 360 at all.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's a pity this game didn't arrive on time for the sales. But anyway this way we will be able to give it the attention it deserves later next year.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am way hyped for this but retailer specific familiars that are PC only anyway really kills my enthusiasm.

Still...
    Spoiler:

edited December 2010
    ebotastic wrote: »

And split screen co-op as well yes?

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    $10? Eh I'll probably get it. Not a fan of the graphic style, but whatevers. Might get it for the droid (evo 4g) just to see how it'd play on a phone.

edited December 2010
    Jeeze, every video of this I watch just makes me spooge like crazy. I swear it's almost my perfect game.

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    More games need to be cross-platform playable.

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm looking forward to getting this once they decide to release it on Steam.

3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | PSN: Nezandy | XBL: Arikado PA | BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter
    edited December 2010
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    ebotastic wrote: »

And split screen co-op as well yes?

Yes, 4-player split screen on the 360, PC, and PS3. Though no split screen on the mobile devices, obviously.

The video demonstrating the cross-platform gaming has been pulled because there it showed a yet-unreleased Tegra 2 device. Nice. Now I gotta remove that from the OP.

Also, there's a thread on the confirmed changes coming in the Android build on the 23rd and in a patch for the iOS build on Jan. 2nd:
    Raised Max Item level to 15, and Max Hero Level to 70
    *Eliminated low cap on Speed stat and changed how the results of this stat are calculated
    *INSANE Difficulty is much, much harder (and so is HARD)... good luck
    *Rebalanced item drops to make super items harder to get
    *Fixed some levelling & item farming exploits
    *Adding GameSpy for multi-platform iOS-Android gameplay! And PC gameplay with Dungeon Defenders when that product launches. GameSpy supports Private Matches, Game Naming, Game Browsing, and an array of search filters.
    *GameCenter support for private matches, and fixes for Inviting
    *Better voice chat stability
    *Many GameCenter & iOS crashes eliminated
    *iOS 4.1 support
    *Various new item drop types
    *Big performance boost due to media optimization, and some code optimization
    *Various gameplay tweaks for a better balance
    *New Tutorial video explains the game in a minute, by default replacing the former interactive tutorial (though that's left in as an option)
    *Performance scaling option for iOS, user can now reduce resolution and detail to further increase performance even more as they see fit
    *Replaced on-screen Pause button with Character button which allows fast-healing, moved Pause button into character submenu
    *Rebalanced item value ramp so that super-items don't sell for ridiculous amounts
    *A brand new Campaign level & Challenge mission created specifically for high-level hero teams... because we appreciate the support of you hardcore defenders
    * Lots of minor bug fixes and game tweaks too numerous to list here... (among the many, Targeting Dummies now print DPS as you're attacking them)
    * Familiars re-added to iOS version
    ** Items now have a level requirement based on their quality, and also tell you which class is necessary to use them in the popup overlay

Updated the OP, including info on split-screen, patch notes, and a link to the Trendy Entertainment YouTube channel with 6 total DD videos.

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2010
    Oh good grief... this thing is gonna use GameSpy? :(

3DS: 5112-3515-8441 | PSN: Nezandy | XBL: Arikado PA | BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | Twitter
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I demand split screen on my Android phone.

OUTRAGOUS

EDIT: Oh christ, gamespy :(

calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
    edited December 2010
    it's the 23rd why isn't this out on droid yet

• JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This sounds like a mix of Diablo 2 and Tower Defense. Is that pretty accurate?

Tired of getting reamed by Gamestop? Sign up for Goozex!
    edited December 2010
    I would say from my brief play of both more like Castle Crashers meets the weapons/equipment stats and simplicity of Puzzle Quest 2 meets tower defense.

• KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think a lot of ppl are thinking the same thing Pika, their site is running like a dog at the moment.

Steam id:Klatu - PS3 id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    edited December 2010
    DD:FW's out for Android! Trendy's published a new list of suggested Android devices on their news pages in .pdf format.

They also posted a preview of Dungeon Defenders: Arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC1Y5c218JA

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2010
    I'm not really happy with how the camera is in this game. It doesn't seem like there's any way to make it zoom out a bit more.

edited December 2010
    FUCKING FINALLY

a merry christmas indeed

edited December 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    I'm not really happy with how the camera is in this game. It doesn't seem like there's any way to make it zoom out a bit more.

Ok cool it wasn't just me then.

Let's hope it gets patched in. Seems simple enough.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Finally!

Quality games that doesn't require a multi-million dollar budget to make! Quality games at bargain prices!

Hopefully this'll be the sign of a new era of gaming!

Though, it would be awesome if they can get this cross platform technology to work with stuff like MMO's and what not. Maybe play the 'real' mmo on the PC, and play mini games that'll contribute towards the 'real' mmo.

Hell, this can lead towards an immense amount of innovation. Fucking .Hack might become real....

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    that'd be nice. japan's been doing stuff like that for years though.

edited December 2010
    Well Japan is in their own little dimension where innovation is like 20 years ahead from the rest of the world.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    so anyone want to play or something?

edited December 2010
    My Samsung Vibrant seems to handle this game without problems except sometimes the loading freezes to the point where I have to exit the game.

edited December 2010
    Dear indie game designers,

KEEP THE FUCKING CAMERA POINTING AT THE SAME DAMN ANGLE IF YOU"RE GOING TO USE ISOMETRIC VIEWPOINT!

There is no reason why I keep getting lost like this....

I mean, holy shit, the camera rotates around the character like no others business.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    hm yeah. game's pretty fun but i dunno.

i think i'll wait til steam version to play it again. i like my giant screens.

• niktheniknikthenik Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Nice game I like it but hot damn seems like my thumbs are waaaaay to big do play this on my HTC Desire :/

fullmetalnik.png
  • ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Once you get around the initial interface, this game is pretty rad. Totally have to go fingertips on my Nexus 1 though. My giant thumbs blot out too much of the screen.

edited December 2010
    So essentially playing the monk in single player is like the game laughing at you.

edited December 2010
    Huh? I like monk. What's wrong with it?

Mainly he has infinite firebolts and a strong ass melee. Melee the wimps, and kite firebolt the big guys. Lighting aura near a squire's anything for a lot of killing

edited December 2010
    I dunno, once I got to the 4th stage I found the monk very lacking no matter how I set up the auras.

edited December 2010
    oh ok i'm only at 3rd stage but i always play multiplayer

• DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So wait, once I get this on PC I'll be able to play with people on iOS and Android phones? That's pretty fucking cool! :D

PIZTDhW.jpg