As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    I have a dilemma.

My survival playing and shop watching has left me with 22 eggs. Do I put them in the shop or do I get two more and sell the whole set once Easter ends? What would you do?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Arcas wrote: »
    Not a fan of Sky O' Love. Group spent over an hour on it only to lose because enemies fell from the bridge up top.
    No one is.

I love how it looks but that's about it.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I love how it looks but that's about it.
    I don't even really like THAT. unless you have the map up constantly, it's a bit hard to tell what's solid, and what is a deathpit.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So I dont think I have "mastered" the mechanics of this game yet. I see everyone is super low level, or super high level, and this is confusing. I have alot of characters in the 30-40's and it seems like I can never find anyone equal to play. when I start a character am I expected to just power level through with other people starting out to the end?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So I dont think I have "mastered" the mechanics of this game yet. I see everyone is super low level, or super high level, and this is confusing. I have alot of characters in the 30-40's and it seems like I can never find anyone equal to play. when I start a character am I expected to just power level through with other people starting out to the end?

1-70 go super amazing fast when someone is power levelling you. Then 70-82 or whatever take forever.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    If you play with any of us, we are more than happy to roll with level 40ish characters. I have an alt for pretty much every level range out there, so everyone can have fun.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Progression in this game is weird. Getting to level 70 is like, an hour when you're boosted. Getting to 74 takes grinding, and then 78 even more grinding.

The gear chain is also a bit off. Everything up to and including insane is easy. The jump from insane to nightmare takes a) someone boosting you b) buying gear from someone who can do the content or c) hacked gear. It's like the only way to get gear to do nightmare is to do nightmare.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    Wow, with the new masks, it's eggs all over again.

I sold basically worthless masks for 300 million a pop in less than 30 minutes.

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Progression in this game is weird. Getting to level 70 is like, an hour when you're boosted. Getting to 74 takes grinding, and then 78 even more grinding.

The gear chain is also a bit off. Everything up to and including insane is easy. The jump from insane to nightmare takes a) someone boosting you b) buying gear from someone who can do the content or c) hacked gear. It's like the only way to get gear to do nightmare is to do nightmare.
    That's not entirely true. You can do the first wave of NM HC ES naked on a 74 Squire or Apprentice solo. I've done it before (takes a lot of repairing now with that first wave ogre, but everything else by that point is dead on the map). Solo, no Sharken or Djinn appear in the first wave. The second build phase chests often have Mythicals, and a few runs can get you good enough gear to take on some of the easier challenges properly. All of the Campaign maps can be done with either an Apprentice or Squire with Monk/Huntress support on gear that's no better than 500s across the board (which is low tier Mythicals). The Sharken don't even appear in the first few waves solo of most of the campaign maps. I'm not sure NM HC Ramparts has a first wave ogre, either, so that's another possibility.

Also, there are endgame Insane difficulty Godlies that rivel mid-tier Mythicals, so there's that.

The jump from insane to NM is difficult, but there are paths to get there on your own. Of course, folks could always just play with us and avoid that brick wall.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I've managed to get passed the wall, I was more commenting on the fact that it exists at all :) the transition could use some smoothing over, I think.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Patch dropped! Sure to fix the elec aura problem, since it was explicitly mentioned in the patch as being fixed.

Install, and...

Lightning immune mobs STILL wandering through StrDrain+Elec Aura setups! This is actually getting kind of funny.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Apparently, the patch is causing more problems than it solved, since now you can't play Moraggo OR Mistymire. Aquanos still works, though.

EDIT: Jeremy Stieglitz says that a hotfix will be up tonight:
    http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58732-Mistymire-monsters-not-spawning&p=449752&viewfull=1#post449752

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So THIS is the real reason Trendy won't release DLC or patches on the PS3. They can't risk to pay for the QA from Sony that is required because they know they fuck up patches multiple times...

(Yes, I'm still bitter I bought the game on PS3 first... when I read cross platform multi-player I thought it was across ALL platforms the game was released on.)

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    Behold! I now have a Mega Chicken!
    ptgd1.jpg

... and it has the worst stats I've ever seen on a Mega Chicken. *muted trombone*

Still, I greatly appreciate the help I received on this Sisyphean ordeal from The Fonz, Penumbra, Presbyter, Morkath, and anyone else that I might have missed. This will make a great DPS pet.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Patch to fix the patch just dropped, hope we dont need another patch after this one :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Seems they've removed Dark Elf Warriors and Mages from maps without them in survival. NMHC Survival just got a whole lot easier on the first four stages. I got my first giraffe last night too, with pretty decent stats.

• Options
    Tried soloing the 2nd Eternia shard pack, was a lot of fun, the boss was extremely annoying until I figured out how to find and summon him.

Then tried soloing the jungle map, got to the very last wave, and they broke through one of my chokepoints, and I couldnt get there with enough health to tank& save it, which lead to a death spiral and losing. :(

Did hit up some shops and completed my Mythic Chain armor set, now I'm curious if I should start sinking all my mana into upgrading it, or if I should keep looking for better upgrades, or 50/50.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I got lucky and found a Kaboomstick in the shop today. Oooh, it was fun. The whole "can't damage fire-element critters" part was a bit annoying but since you can still knock those around it's not so bad. One thing I was wondering though, does projectile speed affect the launcher's effective range? I think I saw a bit of a boost when I leveled my launcher's projectile speed, but that was only from 500ish to about 1100.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yes it does, projectiles have a lifespan, so the faster they go, the farther they go before despawning.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Tried soloing the 2nd Eternia shard pack, was a lot of fun, the boss was extremely annoying until I figured out how to find and summon him.

Then tried soloing the jungle map, got to the very last wave, and they broke through one of my chokepoints, and I couldnt get there with enough health to tank& save it, which lead to a death spiral and losing. :(

Did hit up some shops and completed my Mythic Chain armor set, now I'm curious if I should start sinking all my mana into upgrading it, or if I should keep looking for better upgrades, or 50/50.

Played the jungle map alot this weekend. The ogres were bunny hopping the corners of walls on Survival making us loose at 14. Freeken frustrating. I'm finding it to be a rough map, that I need a near perfect build for. Ogres bunny hopping the walls in the north on the pit side, and the south the Djinns/Mages bombing walls out of range (just too low) for my turrets to hit.

It's up to you, getting your resists up helps a ton in NM. But I always look at it this way...Does it have enough stats (the right ones, or high enough) that it's worth it? If yes, Go Pro Mode. If not, I usually just try to hold out. I'm stingy with money as I don't have a ton of time to farm cash, nor know the better spots.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Played some survival last night, and wrapped up a couple of achievements but didn't find any accessories yet. I had tried city in the cliffs when it first hit and failed miserably solo but I haven't had much time to play lately.

Hopefully try and correct that this week. I want to beat the campaign on Insane and then head into Nightmare and finish up some challenges.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hitmonchan107Hitmonchan107 Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    Wow, with the new masks, it's eggs all over again.

I sold basically worthless masks for 300 million a pop in less than 30 minutes.

make-it-rain-guys.gif

iamisom, Community Manager for Dungeon Defenders
    Twitter: @iamisom
    Currently Playing: Dungeon Defenders II (PC), Warframe (XO), Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just beat Aquanos on Nightmare. Holy crap. I cowered behind my block like a little baby while the Mega Chicken was doing all the work. I really don't know how you would be able to do this without a blocking Countess/Squire and pet like a Monkey or Mega Chicken. I also don't know how you'd be able to beat it on Hardcore as a solo character, since I died many times. It was pretty close. At one point, one of my crystals was just a sliver away from death and there were Kobolds chasing after it. Luckily, the Chicken cleaned them up just short of a failed mission.

Still, Cheevo get! My reward for beating the boss? Something called Triton's Glaive... with only 20 upgrade levels. *muted trombone*

The Kraken is invulnerable until you shoot off his tentacles, which can take a huge beating. When the tentacles are gone, you have to hit him directly in the mouth. After a while, he regenerates his tentacles.

In tentacle mode, he shoots 4 groups of spines, then does a spin attack. Luckily, this is a fairly reliable pattern. Without tentacles, he lets out this poisonous ink spray that deal damage through blocks. At range, he spits an ink blob that's basically a one-shot kill if it directly hits, and massive damage if you are within the splash. When you are dead, he wanders off to move and kill your barriers. :(

With more than one person, Ogres appear in the random unlimited mobs that assault the crystals during the boss wave. :O

EDIT: This Trendy forums thread amuses me:
    http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?59113-Aquanos-Boss

The OP doesn't believe that the boss can be beat without hacking. "I think it's funny that no one that has beat the Boss on NM, can beat the boss with me in the game. Nor are there any videos on youtube or anywhere else that proves anyone can beat the boss on NM without cheating."

One of the big reasons why a duo is more difficult than solo is the presence of Ogres during the boss wave. When you do it solo, you don't have to contend with Ogres at all. That, and you "only" have to take down 60 million health.

Another choice quote: "It cant be soloed unless you got over 2k stats, and even though duo is possible with much lower it is just completly boring."

I don't have any stat that's even close to 2000. My tower damage stat is 1300, and ALL of the rest of my tower and hero stats are sub-1000.

Apparently, I am doing the impossible. Or cheating.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The patch of the day... Really, Trendy? Ah well, at least they are fixing things.

Patch 7.31
    * Fixed Treasure Hunt Spawns not recycling
    * Fixed Mini-Ogres slow-spawning (Servants Quarters, City in the Cliffs, Halloween Spooktacular etc)
    * Made DEW's and other low-frequency enemies appear on early-Campaign Survivals as they used to
    * Added more enemy pathfinding stuck-fixing logic, and enemies in spawn areas no longer collide with each other to prevent clogging
    * Further eliminated enemy stuck cases on Shipwreck Ruins, and added 2 more minutes to Shipwreck Ruins time limits
    * Changed spawn logic to create bursts on certain enemies, so that Wyverns, Spiders, and Ogres will arrive in mini-attack groups rather than trickling out minimally thoughout the Wave
    * Increased maximum number of Trading Items to 12, up from 6

See, I thought the last two were features, rather than unintended behavior. Whoops. I wish I went and did those survivals.

EDIT: Added a few more patch notes

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Yay, got my Series EV to 74 today.

I'm going to idle in the Dungeon Defenders chat room as well as the main Penny Arcade one, someone hit me up for games if you want to farm Glitter or try our luck at some nightmare content for Mythics. (Also willing to try out some Kilrathi Jungle or Aquanos on any difficulty)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'll be around tonight.

Anyone got a good NM warping core build? My friend and I can complete it on every like 4 attempts which makes farming crystal trackers time consuming, and so far they've been dog poop.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    The patch of the day... Really, Trendy? Ah well, at least they are fixing things.

Patch 7.31
    * Fixed Treasure Hunt Spawns not recycling
    * Fixed Mini-Ogres slow-spawning (Servants Quarters, City in the Cliffs, Halloween Spooktacular etc)
    * Made DEW's and other low-frequency enemies appear on early-Campaign Survivals as they used to
    * Added more enemy pathfinding stuck-fixing logic, and enemies in spawn areas no longer collide with each other to prevent clogging
    * Further eliminated enemy stuck cases on Shipwreck Ruins, and added 2 more minutes to Shipwreck Ruins time limits
    * Changed spawn logic to create bursts on certain enemies, so that Wyverns, Spiders, and Ogres will arrive in mini-attack groups rather than trickling out minimally thoughout the Wave
    * Increased maximum number of Trading Items to 12, up from 6

See, I thought the last two were features, rather than unintended behavior. Whoops. I wish I went and did those survivals.

EDIT: Added a few more patch notes

BOOOOOOOOOOO.

• Options
    I'll be around tonight.

Anyone got a good NM warping core build? My friend and I can complete it on every like 4 attempts which makes farming crystal trackers time consuming, and so far they've been dog poop.
    I did a detailed writeup on how I arrived at my Warping Core build here:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22878457#Comment_22878457

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I'll be around tonight.

I did a detailed writeup on how I arrived at my Warping Core build here:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22878457#Comment_22878457

Thanks, I thought I read that here, but couldn't remember.

We were doing something like this, the reversed turrets were for spiders but was kinda a waste of DU. Worked alright but the lower section and the poons on the outer area were getting beat most of the time.
    http://ddplanner.com/?l=4567,bad-warping-core-build

Side note: any reason to not do the side poons and buff beam so it can touch the bouncers in your build?

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I generally don't buff beam barriers just for the sake of buff beaming them. If they go down, then the buff beam goes down, and that's a wipe in the making. The central bouncers exist solely to contain and kill the central spiders, and they seem to do an adequate job without a buff beam.

If you want to risk it, that's perfectly alright. It's just a personal affectation of mine. I like rescuing builds when the barriers go down by simply throwing up another barrier. Of course, if the buff beam was there, the barrier might not have gone down in the first place. Decisions, decisions.

You need a Spike Blockade for the south spawn, if only to stop ogres. If the Crystal warps to the central south spawn, you're fucked otherwise.

The lower right and lower left harpoons are misplaced, I feel. Every time I put a harpoon there, spiders would take it out (which is why I moved them to the pits).

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Also, I found the best accessory ever:
    8qBD3.jpg

Look at all of those bonuses! It has 7 upgrade levels, too!

EDIT: Even non-equippable EGGS have stats. At least this one cosmetically changes your appearance a little, I guess.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck, 7 upgrade levels?!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    Do the accessories work on ev? IE do they display? Specifically the bounty hunter skin also.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    Do the accessories work on ev? IE do they display? Specifically the bounty hunter skin also.

yep my Bounty Hunter has some silly looking glasses on.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I got the trap huntress up to 74 and in some starter mythicals.

To combat the sharken menace, do I use gas traps or darkness traps?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Gas, they don't have any elemental affinity just like Djinns.

• Options
    Hmm, looks like they just dropped another patch this evening.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    FFS another one.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Well, yeah. I kind of warned you guys about that one, though.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    There will likely be another patch in the next day or two ending the Easter event. So go grind for eggs if you're feeling lucky.

(Insert nest egg joke here)

This discussion has been closed.