As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Time to Go Left-handed (mouse concerns)

DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-)What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So, being left-handed and using the computer as much as I do (see: video games), I have decided it's high time to purchase a left-handed mouse. Thing is, I want something as good as the one I have now: a little five button number from the Logitech G5 series.

What I need help with, is finding a comparable left-handed mouse; Logitech is out of the question because it seems like they don't make an equivalent lefty (or, at least, not anymore they do). Any sort of recommendations on rerewiring my brain would be helpful, as well, for cutting down the adjustment time.

Thanks!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
Doobh on

• Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This is kind of a strange question. I'm left-handed and have had no issues with keyboards, mice, or controllers. Has it (your issue) ever been an issue since the first time you've used a mouse? What particular issues are you having with mice? Does moving the mouse feel "unnatural" between hands?

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    RevolutionaryRevolutionary Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Don't you just get used to using your mouse right-handed? I'm in this weird situation now where I use either one of my hands to use the mouse depending on my posture and what I'm doing on the computer. I'd say I have equal aptitude with both.

Revolutionary on
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The problem is that some mice are designed to be used in the right hand either by contours or button location.

Sorry OP, I can't help but I thought I would clarify that part for you.

BlazeFire on
  • Options
    RevolutionaryRevolutionary Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, but my point was I use my right-hand for gaming just fine and occasionally swift to my left for scrolling. There's no real disadvantage because my right hand's been forced to adapt.

Revolutionary on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Razer makes left handed options for some of their mice.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmm! I'll take a look at Razer.

As for the other question- I've been having a serious accuracy problem when I'm a-gaming so I want to see if switching hands improves my gameplay at all. I do everything else with my left hand, so I figure it can't hurt and might end up being more comfortable.
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    The problem is that some mice are designed to be used in the right hand either by contours or button location.

Of course I know that. But thanks for the concern. :P

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A higher DPI, and/or "better" gaming mouse might help with that as well.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    bobmyknobbobmyknob 3DS Friend Code 4553-9974-2186 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A lot of the Razer mice are symmetrical anyways, so you can just use it left handed and change the settings in the OS as left handed.

bobmyknob on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    Hmm! I'll take a look at Razer.

As for the other question- I've been having a serious accuracy problem when I'm a-gaming so I want to see if switching hands improves my gameplay at all. I do everything else with my left hand, so I figure it can't hurt and might end up being more comfortable.
    BlazeFire wrote: »

Of course I know that. But thanks for the concern. :P

I was replying to the couple of guys that didn't understand what exactly your issue was.

BlazeFire on