As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Swan [chat]

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    lady friend complaining that i don't say I miss her enough.

that is not a good thing.

Well... you know what to do.

i have no idea.

being told i should say it more often actually makes me less inclined to say it. so.

that's a lose/lose

Kinda sounds like she activated her trap card to me, yugi-oh.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i changed both the pictures to be from the actual movie, as well

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dark_Side wrote: »

I don't understand why this is so hard, you pay a discount to get to play with the game in an unfinished state, while possibly also lending the developer monetary support to continue developing a game you like. There are going to be negative things that implicitly come with that relationship, one of those meaning dealing with game breaking bugs and bad releases.

If the game hits release and he's still futzing about and breaking the game all the time, sure, complain away, but jesus..it just went into beta this week.

God knows nothing makes me feel more confident about a release then a failure to fix bugs that make it unplayable for people who have already purchased the product.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I think my only objection with eating the placenta is that there are probably more efficient ways to get back the nutrients and minerals and other such things which are lost during pregnancy and birth.

It's a superstitious practice that isn't necessary in any way, but it's also not harmful. So like, whatever. People drink breast milk and ejaculate, what's wrong with eating something else the body produced?

how is that even remotely commensurate?

Things that come out of women are disgusting yo. Be it milk or afterbirth.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i remember playing RE5 apologetic on the racist front and then they released that sheeva alt costume

i just couldn't bring myself to care anymore

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Women require constant platitudes and affirmations and reinforcements

this is the minor price you pay to plunder their affections

men require it too but will not admit it

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »

contrast with, say, Squeenix's customer support

ye gods

The ffxiV thread here is like a textbook example of people who seek out abusive spouses.

"Its ok they delivered half a broken game with mechanics that would have been embarrasing post everquest 1, they are seeking to improve that."

You should read the minecraft thread sometime.

Oh thats right you were the guy complaining about bugs in alpha

Actually I was the guy complaining about a complete lack of internal testing. You realize the lighting bug still hasn't been fixed 2 months later and he's completely stopped mentioning it right?

I don't understand why this is so hard, you pay a discount to get to play with the game in an unfinished state, while possibly also lending the developer monetary support to continue developing a game you like. There are going to be negative things that implicitly come with that relationship, one of those meaning dealing with game breaking bugs and bad releases.

If the game hits release and he's still futzing about and breaking the game all the time, sure, complain away, but jesus..it just went into beta this week.

Well its not like I'm talking about a bug that happened this week, although there were plenty of those. Plus he has released patches that literally made it impossible for anyone to load the game at all. Like you would hit the loading screen and crash. It shows he doesn't at least even load a patch before releasing it.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

contrast with, say, Squeenix's customer support

ye gods

The ffxiV thread here is like a textbook example of people who seek out abusive spouses.

"Its ok they delivered half a broken game with mechanics that would have been embarrasing post everquest 1, they are seeking to improve that."

You should read the minecraft thread sometime.

Oh thats right you were the guy complaining about bugs in alpha

An alpha you have to pay for, and now he's increased the cost of his "beta" and still has the bugs from his alpha. Bunch of brain surgeons.

For 12 dollars you get a very functional alpha and the full game and all future updates for free. Thats a pretty fantastic deal.

I'm not a coder Shadow, I have no clue how much of a problem it is the fix the lighting bug, and I don't think you do either.

Functional is an extremely relative term. Considering it has killed a server. Like literally servers can't run due to the bug. Also he has the ability to backdate his lighting code back to pre-Halloween, but has stated he doesn't wish to do this.

Again, you don't know what caused the bug, and how feasible it is to roll back that whole chunk of the programming.

Whats dumb is to automatically assume its because he's stupid or whatever.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    I think my only objection with eating the placenta is that there are probably more efficient ways to get back the nutrients and minerals and other such things which are lost during pregnancy and birth.

It's a superstitious practice that isn't necessary in any way, but it's also not harmful. So like, whatever. People drink breast milk and ejaculate, what's wrong with eating something else the body produced?

Or children.

Especially children.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just introduced Anti to Gee. mwahah

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

or ideas amirite

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

God knows nothing makes me feel more confident about a release then a failure to fix bugs that make it unplayable for people who have already purchased the product.

BUT YOU GET FREE ACCESS TO PLAY IT ALL YOU WANT!

You know, as soon as that bug is fixed.

If he ever decides to fix it. Or even mention it again.

Kagera on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

We do?

Wow, I must be the easiest wife.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Holy crap can we not have this minecraft discussion? DeShadowC's already done this in the minecraft thread, he'll beat you with experience

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    I just introduced Anti to Gee. mwahah

I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE

Antimatter on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Does it have to be? Conceding that eating some things the body produces is fine, while others aren't because... it makes you feel icky. Figured you for more open-minded than that.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The only part of a human I'll eat is the heart, and that's only to gain courage.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well its not like I'm talking about a bug that happened this week, although there were plenty of those. Plus he has released patches that literally made it impossible for anyone to load the game at all. Like you would hit the loading screen and crash. It shows he doesn't at least even load a patch before releasing it.

Don't be melodramatic. You can still play the game. It messes with servers sometimes. SMP is very very much still in development.

And you seem to assume that the error is something that occurs universally, which is rarely how bugs work. Which is the point of having testers like the people playing the game.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    i remember playing RE5 apologetic on the racist front and then they released that sheeva alt costume

i just couldn't bring myself to care anymore

Japanese companies really don't care. And honestly why does it matter at all? I mean its not like seeing sheeva in an african tribal costume bikini with a bow is suddenly gonna make someone racist or not racist.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Eddie why is there no Mila Kunis?

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Yeah, I'd say the issue is how it's properly addressed and resolved. Like, having been on both sides of shit like this, I honestly can't say if it's better to mention the issue in a direct and honest fashion, therefore drawing ire and frustration, or hold it in and let it fester into general disgruntlement that poisons all other interactions with the other party.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Again, you don't know what caused the bug, and how feasible it is to roll back that whole chunk of the programming.

Whats dumb is to automatically assume its because he's stupid or whatever.

Did I call him stupid? No. Also he's the one who said he could push the lighting bug back to prepatch form, you know where the code wasn't optimal but actually ran, compared to now where it doesn't work.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Speaking of milk, I've heard human breast milk lacks enzymes necessary to create cheese, I think this is probably a good thing overall.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Does it have to be? Conceding that eating some things the body produces is fine, while others aren't because... it makes you feel icky. Figured you for more open-minded than that.

I can consider something to be gross without denying others the right to do it.

Like hamburger. ew

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    what about meatloaf, ell

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »

Speaking of milk, I've heard human breast milk lacks enzymes necessary to create cheese, I think this is probably a good thing overall.

All milk does. Those enzymes need to be introduced in order to make cheese.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eddy wrote: »
    Holy crap can we not have this minecraft discussion? DeShadowC's already done this in the minecraft thread, he'll beat you with experience

or rage.

but yeah.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    what about meatloaf, ell

She'll do anything for love... but she won't eat that.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like how generic the name "meatloaf" is

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »

I heard they discovered away around that. Though it only works in small scale, so no mass-production...

yet.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I'm just glad that if funcom ever decides to close its doors there are still companies out there willing to charge for an unfinished product and people willing to shill for them. Warms the cockles of my heart.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait, are we letting De argue about Minecraft here? Specifically how much he thinks Notch sucks?

Didn't he already get laughed out of SE++ for doing this?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Don't be melodramatic. You can still play the game. It messes with servers sometimes. SMP is very very much still in development.

And you seem to assume that the error is something that occurs universally, which is rarely how bugs work. Which is the point of having testers like the people playing the game.

No really a patch released about 3 weeks ago literally made it impossible to load the game at all SSP or SMP. Plus sometimes? You realize any server with any builds of a feasible size have been down for months right? Also the bug affects SSP as well, you don't hear about it as much though because people's SSP structures tend not to be as impressive as SMP ones.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    this milk ain't gonna cheese itself

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    we talking about breast milk up in here
    http://www.wptz.com/r/17539127/detail.html

Antimatter on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010

I'm just glad that if funcom ever decides to close its doors there are still companies out there willing to charge for an unfinished product and people willing to shill for them. Warms the cockles of my heart.

what about the sub-cockles, or even the kidneys?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Man I really like when people passively assault someone elses opinion with group think and imply the other person is dumb. Thats my favorite.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

what about the sub-cockles, or even the kidneys?

Nerd when you say these things, it brings a tear to my eye, it almost makes me forget you like super mega. Almost.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eddie why is there no Mila Kunis?

look i linked the photo

I'm not really sure what else to do

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Man I really like when people passively assault someone elses opinion with group think and imply the other person is dumb. Thats my favorite.

A lot of people disagree with this opinion, man. A lot of smart people.

Senjutsu on
This discussion has been closed.