Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Information Desk of Linksville

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I'm looking for a deus ex walkthrough. Not the normal ones, a weird one. Weird and funny.

Also I appologize for my thread that was wrongfully created :oops:

• Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Anyone have that 'singin' in the rain' david elsewhere commercial?

steam_sig.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2005
    Fleck0 wrote:
    Anyone have that 'singin' in the rain' david elsewhere commercial?
    http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-video/Media/video/2005/01/27/golfgti.mov :?:

• NibbleNibble FormosaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Doodmann wrote:
    I'm looking for a deus ex walkthrough. Not the normal ones, a weird one. Weird and funny.

Would you care to elaborate? What is a distinct aspect of the walkthrough, other than "it's funny"?

sig.php?id=178
    edited September 2005
    Nibble wrote:
    Doodmann wrote:

Would you care to elaborate? What is a distinct aspect of the walkthrough, other than "it's funny"?

It had little to do with finishing the game in a normal sense. It was all these weird things you could do in game that didn't makes sense or were just funny (giant leaning tower of boxes on the first level comes to mind).

• GiganticusGiganticus Registered User
    edited September 2005
    Doodmann wrote:
    Nibble wrote:
    Doodmann wrote:

It had little to do with finishing the game in a normal sense. It was all these weird things you could do in game that didn't makes sense or were just funny (giant leaning tower of boxes on the first level comes to mind).

This one?

http://www.it-he.org/deus.htm

"Things Never Seen" is particularly awesome.

edited September 2005
    Giganticus wrote:
    Doodmann wrote:
    Nibble wrote:
    Doodmann wrote:

This one?

http://www.it-he.org/deus.htm

"Things Never Seen" is particularly awesome.

Yes! Thank you so much.

• SushisourceSushisource Registered User
    edited September 2005
    A long time ago in a linksville far away there was a totally awesome video in which tetris blocks fell from the sky and regined doom upon all. Anyone remember the link?

Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    20030124l.jpg
    Somone made the movie based off this comic I believe.

sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • SushisourceSushisource Registered User
    edited September 2005
    Yes. and it was freakin' awesome. Must. Have. Linkage.

Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Yes. and it was freakin' awesome. Must. Have. Linkage.

I saw something about a Real Life Tetris movie on college humor. COuldn't see it cause work blocked it.

steam_sig.png
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Im looking for the video of "Peace Walker" from Cops. I guess it was on this past saterday, and I'm having a hard time finding it online.

3jDBY.png
    (currently MIA)
  • Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I can't quite remember enough of what I'm looking for to find it in Search mode. Nor can I recall it being in German or not, but it might've been.

I'm looking for a short film, maybe a commercial?, that has a guy taking a restruant hostage and giving them all lines to say at the right moment, so that when this woman walks in, he starts singing and dancing and having everyone chime in. And at the end he runs out the front door with a bomb in hand and confetti flies everywhere.

Possibly the funniest short I've seen, but need to spread its joy to a friend of mine.

"Famished dogs follow slowly as my own paws drag me to a dock, / to the last plank where I struggle to deny myself the path that every Pisces craves, /
    ... and I cough for every crater that I could see, / on the surface of that coffin we've come to call the moon." Circle Takes the Square
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Dyrwen66 wrote:
    I can't quite remember enough of what I'm looking for to find it in Search mode. Nor can I recall it being in German or not, but it might've been.

I'm looking for a short film, maybe a commercial?, that has a guy taking a restruant hostage and giving them all lines to say at the right moment, so that when this woman walks in, he starts singing and dancing and having everyone chime in. And at the end he runs out the front door with a bomb in hand and confetti flies everywhere.

Possibly the funniest short I've seen, but need to spread its joy to a friend of mine.
    7:35 in the Morning
    By Nacho Vigalondo

http://www.735am.com/

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited October 2005
    Awesome. You rock my socks for the night.

"Famished dogs follow slowly as my own paws drag me to a dock, / to the last plank where I struggle to deny myself the path that every Pisces craves, /
    ... and I cough for every crater that I could see, / on the surface of that coffin we've come to call the moon." Circle Takes the Square
  • wurzulwurzul Registered User
    edited October 2005
    Requesting linkage for the Medieval Storyboard Creator thingie. Its a flash widget that lets you create medieval storyboards in the style of the Bayeaux tapestry. Had it, lost it. Have googled, cannot find.

"If you could be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think." - Boards of Canada, Music Has The Right To Children.
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
  • wurzulwurzul Registered User
    edited October 2005
    Thanking you kindly. Might of helped me if I used the correct spelling of bayeux.

"If you could be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think." - Boards of Canada, Music Has The Right To Children.
  • SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I remember a thread in here on video game music but can't seem to find it using search...did it exist or am i just batshit crazy?

sig.jpg
    edited November 2005
    B:L wrote:
    Dyrwen66 wrote:

By Nacho Vigalondo

Wow, thats brilliant.

• st0ned messiahst0ned messiah Registered User
    edited November 2005
    I'm looking for a working link to Massive Attack's video for Butterfly Caught. Streaming is fine I just can't find it anywhere on the net.

NDVD_006.jpgNDVD_007.jpgNDVD_008.jpg
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User
    edited November 2005
    Can anyone find me that Half-Life 2 'Mentos Freshmaker' video/slideshow done in Garry's mod where the guy sees the tower, takes a mentos, climbs it and kiks Breen in the Thunderballs?

EDIT:
    Gerbil wrote:
    B:L wrote:
    Dyrwen66 wrote:

By Nacho Vigalondo

Wow, thats brilliant.

wow, seconded

tf2_sig.png
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    I'm trying to find a Flash game I played a while ago. It basically put you in command of some ship in space on a 2D plane, where you would fly about freely to complete each mission. Each mission put you against a LARGE number of enemy ships, with a LARGE number of ships providing support, and they'd go with you from mission to mission (so you'd amass a large fleet if you did well).
    The game's plot had you as an alien getitng revenge on Earth, and it was a sort of sequal to another game which was somewhat similar. THAT game was a bit more traditional: you'd get a line of ships at the bottom of the screen, and you'd shoot asteriods and alien ships (though you didn't actually have a ship on the screen).

Pony_Sig.png
    edited November 2005
    I seek a destroyed PBF comic.

It was posted as this one, but he made one before it wherein astronauts are standing on the moon staring at the corpse of the guy who flew out of the atmopshere. Was hoping someone has saved it on their hardrive, since I recall it being noted in SE and the chat threads around here.

edited November 2005
    Dyrwen66 wrote:
    I seek a destroyed PBF comic.

It was posted as this one, but he made one before it wherein astronauts are standing on the moon staring at the corpse of the guy who flew out of the atmopshere. Was hoping someone has saved it on their hardrive, since I recall it being noted in SE and the chat threads around here.
    I dunno about your description of it...kinda vague...but here's a few that might be it:

http://70.86.201.113/imageserv2/temporary/PBF058BCSpacePrank.jpg

http://70.86.201.113/imageserv2/temporary/PBF018ADTheFirstSnowflakeofWinter.jpg

If these aren't it, do you have a better description? Why was it destroyed/Are you sure it was destroyed?

I checked multiple archives and found nothing.

edited November 2005
    It's no longer kept on his web site. It looks exactly as the one I posted, but the final panel was originally him lying on a moon in that same outfit with astronauts looking puzzled at his corpse. So instead of flying off into space he splats on the moon.

The guy who makes pbf created it that way first, then edited it into the final version and changed his site accordingly. I recall since SE specializes in ninja'ing the PA comics in the middle of the night and PBF happened to put theirs up at the same time. Appreciate the help in any case, seems hard to find an exact since he used the same URL and only folks who saved it to photobucket or something would have it.

• JonisJonis Registered User
    edited November 2005
    Hi, I am looking for a video, a few years old now, of the clause distributers, ie they hunt an old man, bathe and clean him, dress him in a santa costume, and ship him out.

It's a very weird video, but incredibly well done, and I cannot find it or even know how to find it. Help appreciated, thanks.

• Capt BillyCapt Billy Registered User
    edited November 2005
    Looking for any videos of people going crazy during black friday.

Wigs getting knocked off.
    People getting attacked.

One of the friendly characters sports a thong type outfit, and one of the adventurers in your group, Lulu, wears an outfit that reveals her ample bosom.
  • DamionDamion Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2005
    ok here is a hard one.

I've been looking for a commercial back from the late eightys. It eventually got banned after airing a few times. then some months later they edited out the phrase that got it taken off the air and brought back on the air.

here we go with the discription.

The product was "The WET BANANA" I belive it was either a knock off or an earler version of the slip and slide. the phrase that got it removed from airing was "Look! moms sliding on the wet banana!" and to this day I can still see mom sliding on the wet banana :lol:

if anyone managed to catch that on a VHS (or on anything) while it was on the air. Rip that ASAP. it's was pretty funny at the time and I would love to see it again.

damionitc.png
  • AndorienAndorien Registered User
    edited December 2005
    There was a game that was posted here a while back, in which you had to protect your mouse cursor from this little dude who kept trying to grab it or destory it. He would do stuff like jump around the screen or make huge explosions in his quest to thwart you.

• MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    There was a video posted a long time ago here. It started with some guy visiting a psychologist. He kept repeating I'M NOT CRAZY or something like that and then everything like melted and stuff. It was like some sort of psychedelic acid trip with odd music (the lyrics were like chanting LSD PCP and something else).

brawl friend code: MEIST: 4811-6835-0918
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    SkyGheNe wrote:
    I remember a thread in here on video game music but can't seem to find it using search...did it exist or am i just batshit crazy?

Hello, divine providence brought me back. I made that thread and only got 1 link but it was the most fantastic thing.

LISTEN TO *EVERYTHING*

www.metroidmetal.com

edited December 2005
    Does anyone know where I can find the commercial for the Canyonero from the Simpsons?

Smells like a steak and seats 25!

edited December 2005
    reverendG wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can find the commercial for the Canyonero from the Simpsons?

Smells like a steak and seats 25!
    Is this it?

http://media.putfile.com/Canyonero-video

• geebs62geebs62 Registered User
    edited December 2005
    I don't know if this post is in the right place but does anyone know where I could find a downloadable version of the one of the animated cut scenes from the bad zelda games for the cd attachment for the snes. The one where zelda talks like a surfer.

edited December 2005
    B@/\/me wrote:
    I don't know if this post is in the right place but does anyone know where I could find a downloadable version of the one of the animated cut scenes from the bad zelda games for the cd attachment for the snes. The one where zelda talks like a surfer.
    http://yahooligans.yahoo.com/content/tv/

Go to the "The Legend of Zelda" link on the bottom, you might find it there.

• MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    Meister wrote:
    There was a video posted a long time ago here. It started with some guy visiting a psychologist. He kept repeating I'M NOT CRAZY or something like that and then everything like melted and stuff. It was like some sort of psychedelic acid trip with odd music (the lyrics were like chanting LSD PCP and something else).

Someone has to remember this >_>! It was like animated and stuff, and had weird aztec-ish designs and stuff. Also, something about a fly while he was visiting the psychologist.

brawl friend code: MEIST: 4811-6835-0918
    edited December 2005
    Oh shit. I remember that. Too bad I don't remember where it is, or how I would go about finding it.

edited December 2005
    Does anyone have a link to the now banned BBC advert with all the digital heads bouncing around the countryside? I've looked everywhere and hate to be missing out on the fun/horror.

• JamsqueJamsque Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    Oh man. Stay away from that thing. It's the scariest thing in the world. It will give you nightmares for the rest of your life. I didn't know it had been banned, but I'm glad.