Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Weird White Lines

CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension.Hallelujah. Registered User regular
I'm using IE, and I keep seeing a weird white vertical line on the left side of the text on each post. How do I fix this? It's not a forum breaker, just annoying.

CaptainNemo on
Raoul Duke wrote:
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
Check it out.

• RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2010
    I used to have a 99px transparent vertical spacer next to each post. This corrected for the fact that if you posted just a couple words, and you had a signature, your signature would not jump right up under your text leaving a floating empty space below the sig while the profile box on the left used up the rest of the vertical space.

So I'm guessing this is what you are seeing.

However, I don't believe I changed anything that would be related to this. I'll have to check with alphamonkey and otherwise debug it. I'll get back to you in this thread when the problem has been fully diagnosed.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can see it in IE8.0.6001.1872.

91234332.png

I right clicked the one by Ramius' post and it is a 1x99 pixel image that claims it is http://clear.gif/.

3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504
    Nintendo Network ID: unclesporky
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's it exactly! Anyway I can fix it on my end?

Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2010
    I've got a temporary fix in for now, and should have something more permanent in place soon.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay, it's gone. Thanks Ram.

Raoul Duke wrote:

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.