As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The New Comic Thread for Monday, December 27th

124»

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lizard wrote: »
    Well, it's enough to make me stop reading. Thanks for the fun decade, Penny Arcade.

The religion comic and the politics comic, one day after the other, reek of shark jumping. There shouldn't even be a fucking mention of the President in PA. They managed to make it the whole eight years as apparently the only entertainment medium on Earth to abstain from the "lol Bush is a retard" low hanging fruit, and I admired that. Hell, the strip's been around long enough that they even managed to resist pushing the hot "Clinton sticks his penis in and around fat women" button.

But if they're gonna get all Doonsebury on us, I expect their readership to drop a solid 5% and the rest of you morons left behind to never realize what you've lost as you chortle at your beliefs being reinforced and high-five each other over breaking these exciting new taboos.

And yes, politics is far more of a taboo than wholesome things like giraffe-fucking and fruity cumshots in the PA universe. You monkeys will probably celebrate the November 2nd, 2012 strip, featuring Obama slicing Chris Christie in two with a pair of cardboard tubes and then painting the words "Remember to Vote" in his blood.
    You should relax

Houk the Namebringer on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    penny arcade

ruined FOREVER

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I never noticed Twisp & Catsby in that comic before, wow.

Ten on
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A minor jab at a major news network involving politics!?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    penny arcade

ruined FOREVER

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, it's enough to make me stop reading. Thanks for the fun decade, Penny Arcade.

The religion comic and the politics comic, one day after the other, reek of shark jumping. There shouldn't even be a fucking mention of the President in PA. They managed to make it the whole eight years as apparently the only entertainment medium on Earth to abstain from the "lol Bush is a retard" low hanging fruit, and I admired that. Hell, the strip's been around long enough that they even managed to resist pushing the hot "Clinton sticks his penis in and around fat women" button.

But if they're gonna get all Doonsebury on us, I expect their readership to drop a solid 5% and the rest of you morons left behind to never realize what you've lost as you chortle at your beliefs being reinforced and high-five each other over breaking these exciting new taboos.

And yes, politics is far more of a taboo than wholesome things like giraffe-fucking and fruity cumshots in the PA universe. You monkeys will probably celebrate the November 2nd, 2012 strip, featuring Obama slicing Chris Christie in two with a pair of cardboard tubes and then painting the words "Remember to Vote" in his blood.

Hahahahahaha

10/10

Would laugh again.

++

BlackDove on
  • ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My favorite part is the inability to recognize the hypocrisy in leaving because views counter to his own were being represented but chastising the hypothetical people who stay to have theirs reinforced.

Its okay when he reads only those things that reinforce his views, but not those other people.

ThreadbareSock on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A Fox News defender using monkey as a pejorative...

Aneurhythmia on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    what the fuck

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Pretty sure that post is a joke. I mean the ending is pretty amazing.

august on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

pretty good, but you forgot to demand your money back

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He's taking his valuable readership over to CAD

where it's about the VIDEO-GAMES

KalTorak on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tossrock wrote: »

ridiculous as his post was I've always thought this was a silly thing to say

being free doesn't make something immune to criticism

Jerry and Mike even say that exact thing in one of their podcasts, about Playstation Home I think

Speed Racer on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tossrock wrote: »

ridiculous as his post was I've always thought this was a silly thing to say

being free doesn't make something immune to criticism

Jerry and Mike even say that exact thing in one of their podcasts, about Playstation Home I think
    true but it does make it pretty immune to angry self-entitlement

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    (echo chamber)

Burden of Proof on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    first rape

now politics

is nothing sacred anymore?
    teehee

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Follower Of FSMFollower Of FSM Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You guys have different views than I do, screw y'all I'm out