As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super[chat]

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wait, desc is in Long Beach?

Ooo! Shore House!

Gim on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Man desc, you live in long beach and we've never met up? that's sad!

yes. you are in the LA area? I think this has been mentioned before but I never remember where anyone lives.

We should meet up. I am always up to meet PA peoples!

I live in the cutesy part of Belmont Shores what with the bars and such, even.

desc on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    japan wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    yes I am an awesome dude

who is visiting me

If we move to Canadia because our government has decided that higher education is not a thing that needs funding, we will come and visit you.

hooray

Cesca tells me that I shall have to remember not to refer to it as "Canadia" in front of the immigration people.

Canadistan is preferred in formal contexts

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Well, the current vague plan is a road trip up to SiG, and to hit up some chatters along the way for fun times , refuge and rest.

So..who's down?

I'm on the west coast. But I don't think anybody wants to travel to La Grande to hang out with a relative stranger. However, I should be moving to the Seattle area in the next three or four months.

Nice on moving to Seattle man, I really enjoyed my time spent there during PAX and is definitely a place I could see myself living. I have no clue where La Grande is though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    I look exactly like my avatar as well

gooey if I ever meet you and you somehow contrive to have a plastic face with you, I will give you $20.

DEAL

*spends $50 on a mask to win $20*

Some victories are SPIRITUAL victories, not financial.

desc on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    did I eat dinner

I did not

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

yes. you are in the LA area? I think this has been mentioned before but I never remember where anyone lives.

I live in Glendale, so yeah, LA area. We should totally meet up sometime, if not as the first leg as my roadtrip, as just hanging out in general would be rad too.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The prostituting of ones body with the mask is the financial gain afterwards.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am depressed that the reincarnated cooking thread has spent two pages discussing ways to make boxed macaroni and cheese palatable.

japan on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    In my perfect world everyone has their first name as their handle, the avatar is your facebook mini-profile button, and your location is the province/state/parish/whatever where you live

In unrelated news I think I'm going to hire a personal assistant

What if you don't have a facebook?

Mim on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    This girl from back in Europe is getting weird. Like there have been several times when I've felt like she was getting a little close but now she is openly talking like we should start seeing each other in a manner other than hanging around together in comic book stores and coffee shops and riding the bus from Amberg together

I'm not really sure what to do about that so I'm going to analyze my options here

Pro: I could be dating a cute girl that I get along with really well

Con: This could end with her hating me

Pro: I would no longer be lonely as fuck

Con: I am presently in love with another girl and I feel like that might make it difficult for me

Pro: I wouldn't have to reject a girl that I consider a close friend

Con: I will only be living in Germany for another 18 months when I return there

Pro: She will be legal by army standards when I get back so you guys can stop calling me a pedo

Con: I still feel like 17 is too young and you'll probably continue it anyway, out of respect for tradition if nothing else

Pro: This could legitimately be good for me in the long run even if it doesn't end well

Con: I would probably just end up pining for aforementioned other girl the entire time, drive this girl away, and then collapse in on myself like a dying star

Pro: Talking to this girl reliably elicits a smile from me, which has been increasingly hard to do for the last... three years. Lately I think it's the only thing that does.
    snapshot20110102.jpg

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    when you are 70 and she is 60 we will still call you a pedo

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I live in Glendale, so yeah, LA area. We should totally meet up sometime, if not as the first leg as my roadtrip, as just hanging out in general would be rad too.

dang you are not far away at all. Anyway I am always up to meet the peeps. Let's hang some weekend this month.

we should get dranks / boardgame it up with my buds who are not total neckbeards I promise / etc

desc on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    when you are 70 and she is 60 we will still call you a pedo

I don't think that is how aging works

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't actually know what your age difference is

one of you may have to travel away from the planet at the speed of light for a bit to make that line up

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    dang you are not far away at all. Anyway I am always up to meet the peeps. Let's hang some weekend this month.

we should get dranks / boardgame it up with my buds who are not total neckbeards I promise / etc

I love boardgames and I love drinking, so, this sounds like a beautiful plan.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

one of you may have to travel away from the planet at the speed of light for a bit to make that line up

I am turning twenty in like three weeks

She is turning seventeen in a couple of months

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Res wrote: »
    This girl from back in Europe is getting weird. Like there have been several times when I've felt like she was getting a little close but now she is openly talking like we should start seeing each other in a manner other than hanging around together in comic book stores and coffee shops and riding the bus from Amberg together

I'm not really sure what to do about that so I'm going to analyze my options here

Pro: I could be dating a cute girl that I get along with really well

Con: This could end with her hating me

Pro: I would no longer be lonely as fuck

Con: I am presently in love with another girl and I feel like that might make it difficult for me

Pro: I wouldn't have to reject a girl that I consider a close friend

Con: I will only be living in Germany for another 18 months when I return there

Pro: She will be legal by army standards when I get back so you guys can stop calling me a pedo

Con: I still feel like 17 is too young and you'll probably continue it anyway, out of respect for tradition if nothing else

Pro: This could legitimately be good for me in the long run even if it doesn't end well

Con: I would probably just end up pining for aforementioned other girl the entire time, drive this girl away, and then collapse in on myself like a dying star

Pro: Talking to this girl reliably elicits a smile from me, which has been increasingly hard to do for the last... three years. Lately I think it's the only thing that does.
    snapshot20110102.jpg

It sounds like you've basically got a hardcore crush on this other girl, my friend. If I were you, I'd see about this girl who's showing active interest in you. The whole smiling thing is kind of a big deal, and it sounds like this is a person who you actually should be seeing.

@Quizzy: You should googlemaps or just plain google La Grande, Oregon. It's... both hilarious and depressing at the same time.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I am turning twenty in like three weeks

She is turning seventeen in a couple of months

that is a pretty minimal age difference on the whole

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    This is pretty good. Some one made windows in LBP2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQxngCm5BtU

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I had to look it up on a map

La Grande is nowhere near anywhere I have been in Oregon

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It sounds like you've basically got a hardcore crush on this other girl, my friend. If I were you, I'd see about this girl who's showing active interest in you. The whole smiling thing is kind of a big deal, and it sounds like this is a person who you actually should be seeing.

@Quizzy: You should googlemaps or just plain google La Grande, Oregon. It's... both hilarious and depressing at the same time.

Okay but it's still a really big gamble. I mean the possible outcomes are either: I get over the other girl, magically, and have a healthy relationship, or I do not get over her and then this girl comes to hate me.

Of course the possible outcomes of turning her down are we either continue to be friends, which is a plenty healthy relationship, or she hates me for it. So, uh. Er. Hm.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011

That is a small population!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ugh, wireless keyboard and mouse have corroded batteries

no other batteries or kb/m in the house, so I can't see just how competent this hardware is.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I need to modify my rapier some, which is going to mean learning how to work leather.

Also I am debating naming it...

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

That is a small population!

it's roughly the size of the town I grew up in

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    In my perfect world everyone has their first name as their handle, the avatar is your facebook mini-profile button, and your location is the province/state/parish/whatever where you live

In unrelated news I think I'm going to hire a personal assistant

What if you don't have a facebook?

Well that's a crazy and foreign concept to me but I guess the default picture would be a kitten looking particularly sour

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Res take the chance and quit worrying if the whole world will fucking end. She may date you and it goes well and keeps going. It ends and you just go to being friends. It ends and you will hate her or she will hate you. Or you two just drift apart and so on and so on.

Worrying about every possible outcome basically will drive you nuts.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    man I would watch dancing with the stars if it were like the argentinian version

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I need to modify my rapier some, which is going to mean learning how to work leather.

If you don't name it Needle, I will be very disappointed.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Res take the chance and quit worrying if the whole world will fucking end. She may date you and it goes well and keeps going. It ends and you just go to being friends. It ends and you will hate her or she will hate you. Or you two just drift apart and so on and so on.

Worrying about every possible outcome basically will drive you nuts.

Well it will certainly do that, yes.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Wouldn't hurt. People will probably call me a super geek or freak or whatever. But why not name it. Might give you more of a connection.

Name it after a pacifist.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Tamin wrote: »

Is there a particular reason for your affection for this name? Because I'm not exactly opposed to it...

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mother Teresa is going to penetrate you

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think you should give it a try, Res. If you like her, and she makes you smile, maybe she's just what you need. Maybe you'll realise you don't need that other girl. I think you'll find yourself regretting it in a couple of years if you don't give it a go. You'll wonder "what if?" and that's no fun. I wondered "what if?" about a guy for seven years before I finally got my chance with him. The relationship didn't go how I wanted to, but I wouldn't take it back for anything. We're still good friends.

I think this has potential. I think you should go for it.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Wouldn't hurt. People will probably call me a super geek or freak or whatever. But why not name it. Might give you more of a connection.

Name it after a pacifist.

Mother Theresa was the first name that sprung to mind :lol:

Edit: Damnit Eddy!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Okay but it's still a really big gamble. I mean the possible outcomes are either: I get over the other girl, magically, and have a healthy relationship, or I do not get over her and then this girl comes to hate me.

Of course the possible outcomes of turning her down are we either continue to be friends, which is a plenty healthy relationship, or she hates me for it. So, uh. Er. Hm.

Man, Res... I don't think it's really much of a question. Of course, I'm not in your shoes; fuck, I haven't had a woman seem actively interested in me since... august. But I gotta be honest with you:

Unless you're actually involved with the girl you're pining over (we'll call her girlA), that's a crush. You either gotta take steps there, or put your shades on. GirlB is an actual friend whom you enjoy spending time with; if she's actually attractive, that's a bonus. I'd wager that, if you get involved with girlB, and especially if it's been awhile since you got laid, you're gonna end up not caring too much about girlA.

@Senj&Quiz: Yeah, it's ridiculous. I mean... horseshit-status. Poser hipsters and for-real rednecks all up ins. Country music playing in the supermarket erryday. And lousy with closet racists.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Is there a particular reason for your affection for this name? Because I'm not exactly opposed to it...

Its from Song of Ice and Fire.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

In A Game of Thrones, Arya Stark is given a sword. It is implied to be closer to a rapier; as the style she learns has a lot to do with footwork and piercing.

She names the blade Needle as an ironic gesture: she hates sewing.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ah, I would feel odd referencing something I have never read.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.