As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell me what you think about these shoes

PerpetualPerpetual Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
http://www.zappos.com/product/7757036/color/401

Just for casual wearing. You know, with jeans and such.

I can get them at 20% discount.

Perpetual on

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think they're pretty boss.

Pun aside, I think they're cool. Would go well with jeans.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eh.

The lacquer finish striping that you can see when you look at the side shot is pretty awful.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not really feeling it...

Though, I'm a bit bias against Boss cause they're overpriced mediocre stuff.

But, even without that bias I'm not really feeling it.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They look like bowling shoes, I would not wear them personally.

However. Question for you: Why do you care what we think? Style is a personal thing. If you like it, wear it. If these suit you, in your opinion, get 'em!

mully on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They're pretty awful. Way too busy and trying way too hard.

Maybe look at some Onitsuka Tigers? Same site.

Esh on
  • Options
    oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They are not as cool as they want to be.

oldsak on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would not wear them.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would be embarrassed to wear those in public. Maybe if you could get them in solid black or something.

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Do you like them? (y/n)

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Normally I don't like stuff like that, but mark me down as a vote for "cool"

LaPuzza on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They look like 15 year old running shoes from wal-mart.

schuss on
  • Options
    saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd buy them if they were $12.50, but not at $125.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think they're hideous.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I guess they're alright, if a bit unremarkable.

edit: didn't see the price. Even at 25% off, I would not get those.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Vater5BVater5B Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would buy them if they were $40 or less. That price is simply ridiculous.

If you like shoes that look similar, you should look at skate shoe companies. You'll find a ton of similar designs for much better prices:

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en_US/product/mens-shoes/skate/desurgent-men.html#variation-1

Vater5B on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Those Boss just don't look that good. If you want them for the brand label go for it, but there are so many better looking shoes on Zappos.
    Esh wrote: »
    They're pretty awful. Way too busy and trying way too hard.

Maybe look at some Onitsuka Tigers? Same site.

I have received more compliments for my red/lemon yellow Tigers then any other piece of clothing that I own.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    BourneBourne Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Honestly if you want designer-ish shoes for a cheap price I would check out DSW. They have a pretty good selection of shoes at a pretty good price. Plus their clearence section can hide some cheap gems.

Bourne on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    give of ourselves...
  • Options
    spafeyspafey Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dude, if you're looking to impress, look no further than these bad boys:
    weird_shoe10.jpg

But seriously, i wouldn't wear them. however, i have no idea what you look like, what you wear, etc.

Ultimately, i you like them, buy them.

spafey on
    I ate the entire cake. At one point, I remember becoming aware of the oppressive fullness building inside of me, but I kept eating out of a combination of spite and stubbornness. No one could tell me not to eat an entire cake - not my mom, not Santa, not God - no one. I would eat cake whenever I damn well pleased. It was my cake and everyone else could go fuck themselves.
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They're a nice design but the colors make me think of bowling shoes too much.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They're cool, but not 100 bucks cool. Go to DSW and find some killer kicks (hahaha, kicks) for about half the price of the already reduced shoes in the OP.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oldsak wrote: »
    They are not as cool as they want to be.

rchou on
  • Options
    HIGH NOONHIGH NOON Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i wouldn't buy them if the price was half that.

HIGH NOON on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm not a fan, but as Morgan Freeman once said, how often do you look at a man's shoes?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I'm not a fan, but as Morgan Freeman once said, how often do you look at a man's shoes?

This is usually the first or second thing women notice. Most men don't usually dress fashionably to impress other men.

schuss on
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd think most men who are largely concerned about about how their shoes look (as opposed to how comfortable they are or how much they cost) probably do care what other men think of their shoes, possibly moreso than what women think.

I think these ones are pretty odd looking and distracting, and not in a good way.

Djeet on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think they look OK but very bland. Maybe because they're popular at the moment (here in Holland at least)

I guess 100$ is a pretty good price for brand shoes (here in Holland at least). The big question is if you like them.

Also: shoes are the first thing I look at with both men and women. They tell me a lot about what they like to dress like (folks tend to put on the same shoes with all kinds of outfits) and the state of the shoes tell me how important they think looking well-groomed is.

Aldo on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They look like Addidas Sambas, except twice the price.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    I think they look OK but very bland. Maybe because they're popular at the moment (here in Holland at least)

I guess 100$ is a pretty good price for brand shoes (here in Holland at least). The big question is if you like them.

Also: shoes are the first thing I look at with both men and women. They tell me a lot about what they like to dress like (folks tend to put on the same shoes with all kinds of outfits) and the state of the shoes tell me how important they think looking well-groomed is.

The first thing I thought of when i saw those shoes was "European guys who wear too much cologne". Not saying that's you or anything.

Esh on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The first thing I thought of when i saw those shoes was "European guys who wear too much cologne". Not saying that's you or anything.
    Well that's OK, I imagine all Northern Americans wear white Nikes under bright blue jeans and smell of grease.

Also, weather permitting I'm wearing classic chequered Vans.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Well that's OK, I imagine all Northern Americans wear white Nikes under bright blue jeans and smell of grease.

Also, weather permitting I'm wearing classic chequered Vans.

I meant, they look like something that a lot of the European guys I've met here in the states wear. It wasn't a speculative idea, it's what I've seen.

Esh on
  • Options
    Kobi Kobi KooKobi Kobi Koo __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011

Did Morgan Freeman really say that, or did they just pay the motherfucker to say that?

This is one of the most untrue things I've ever read on this forum.

Kobi Kobi Koo on
  • Options
    saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Did Morgan Freeman really say that, or did they just pay the motherfucker to say that?

It's a quote from one of the best films of all time and it makes perfect sense in the context of the movie.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    mully wrote: »
    They look like bowling shoes, I would not wear them personally.

However. Question for you: Why do you care what we think? Style is a personal thing. If you like it, wear it. If these suit you, in your opinion, get 'em!

yeah, it really comes down to one's sense of style
    and while I wouldn't wear those shoes, I'm sure there are people who could carry off the look
    I'd say, if you're not sure you're going to like them then don't risk that much money
    only buy them if you're confident you can rock them

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    People look at people shoes all the time, you can learn a lot by looking ones shoes.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

If you have never seen The Shawshank Redemption stop what you are doing right now and go watch that movie.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif