As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - a 100% effecient leveling run [Complete]

• Options
    shojinshojin Registered User regular
    Episode 33: King of the Castle A proper palace for a proper warrior. We're cool as fuck, ain't we?

This is My Empire, These Cities Among the Stars
  • Options
    Aaarrgh, this is really making me want to play Oblivion again.

It's not really that bad of a feeling, is it?

• Options
    IseultTheIdleIseultTheIdle Registered User regular
    Noooooooooooo, don't make me go back in there. After I finally beat the game I swore, never again. I was so over those frickin' portal places.

Wonder if it would be possible to play all the way through without doing any of those. I hate those places, so much.

• Options
    Noooooooooooo, don't make me go back in there. After I finally beat the game I swore, never again. I was so over those frickin' portal places.

Wonder if it would be possible to play all the way through without doing any of those. I hate those places, so much.

Nope. I believe to complete the main quest you have to complete a minimum of three oblivion gates. But, you could do it super early on and then you'd have very weak enemies in there, and you'd finish it super quickly.

• Options
    Episode 34: Turning Stones We go after some quests that are not actually situated in any specific town, but rather begin at some inns nearby.

• Options
    Episode 35: Leeky Sack Fucking developer puns, and god damned leveled enemies. We need more of these soul gems. Or at least Azura's Star.

• Options
    Episode 36: Rockshatter We polish off the last of the miscellaneous quests that exist around the world.. at least, the ones that we can do now in any case.

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    I admire your perseverance, but I can't help pointing out that I find this hilarious.
    shojin wrote: »
    I plan on doing absolutely everything in this game so that it can be put behind us all, and hopefully we can look ahead to Skyrim and be pleased with it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lowlander wrote: »
    I admire your perseverance, but I can't help pointing out that I find this hilarious.
    I plan on doing absolutely everything in this game so that it can be put behind us all, and hopefully we can look ahead to Skyrim and be pleased with it.

I was not that smart in how long this would take. But it'll still happen, all of it. I just probably won't do Skyrim or Morrowind the same way.

• Options
    Episode 37: Making Sense of Mods Seriously, I've got to relearn like half of the game's areas now. Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful, and it's really fun to run across the little things that add a little life to it all, but they just come out of nowhere to me.

• Options
    Episode 38: Alcohol and Alchemy Maybe I could mix up alcohol and create super alcohol, now that I'm a master Alchemist.

• Options
    Episode 39: Scheduling Dark Rituals It really needs a google calendar to tell you when it's occurring. We can check it, come every week, bring some chips. It'll be a great time for all of the necromancers.

• Options
    Episode 40: Oblivion Caves I really wish there was a better local map system in this game. The world map is phenomenal, but local maps need to be zoomable, and maybe able to have markers placed on them too.

• Options
    Episode 41: Sexy Daedra Or maybe I'm just turned on by them because I'm a weirdo. Well, except for Malacath. Yuch.

• Options
    Episode 42: Being a Dick To EVERYONE. To a village, to a noble, grieving widower, and to a Unicorn. Did I mention the unicorn? Coooooool.

• Options
    Episode 43: Umbra Woohoo! That's all of the Daedric quests that we can do now, so we'll have to wait until we're pretty far along with the rest of the game before we can do the other ones.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I am amazed. Five years has to be some kind of record for a Let's Play. :D

• Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I am amazed. Five years has to be some kind of record for a Let's Play. :D

It's gonna take another 5 years to finish this..

• Options
    Episode 44: Sanguine Isn't A Color Crimson, maroon, red.. There's a lot of different colors to choose from. Sanguine just mea- oh. Oh shit, it is a color. Dictionary.com proves me wrong again.

• Options
    Episode 45: The Well It's mine! It's mine! Finally mine!

• Options
    Episode 46: Party Time! It's a mistake inviting me. I just keep making sexual innuendos and make people feel uncomfortable. And kill everyone.

• Options
    Episode 47: Old Ladies Fight Back! I never knew they were so rambunctious! Oh, and we betray a whole lot of the Dark Brotherhood too.

• Options
    Episode 48: The Big Whoops You'll just have to watch until the end to see what we fucked up on.

• Options
    Episode 49: Listener We finish up the Dark Brotherhood, and grab a severed head for our trouble. Not entirely in that order.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Episode 48: The Big Whoops You'll just have to watch until the end to see what we fucked up on.
    Lucien got bodied.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Lucien got bodied.

In the end, it was probably for the best.

• Options
    Episode 50: Mastering the Masters We do a whole bunch of master trainer quests - all of the ones that we can for the moment anyway, and lead ourselves toward the Mages guild for next time.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Sir, I salute you, and your sheer dedication. I see this thread pop up every so often.

In a little under 4 months you will have been doing this for six years.

• Options
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Sir, I salute you, and your sheer dedication. I see this thread pop up every so often.

In a little under 4 months you will have been doing this for six years.

Stop it. Six years of my life didn't vanish like that. I don't believe you.

But speaking of YEARS - I have an announcement! It's my Birthday on Tuesday, September 27th. And I'm doing an all day stream on youtube! And guess what, there's going to be time set aside for Oblivion. Here's a little video I made:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKJzwndSacA

Tuesday, September 27th (all times EST)
    9/10AM - 3PM: Whatever I want
    3PM - 6PM: Oblivion
    6PM till close: D&D - Tale of the Vale

Come join me in this sad, sad time of life at https://gaming.youtube.com/c/ArtemBank/live . Hope to see you there!

• Options
    Here's the archive of the B-Day/250 Subscriber/500 video stream of Oblivion!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-eTE7Tj1S4

• Options
    Episode 51: Mudcrabs and Marriage Shoot me if I ever get that boring. Like, ever. Unless I scream like a girl that I want to die.

• Options
    Episode 52: I'm A Zombie RAAAAWWRRRRR *COUGHCOUGH*

• Options
    Episode 53: Sticky Fingers of the Mountain I'm extremely sorry about the late upload.. my weeks just got so, so busy, and I didn't realize the uploads I had made ran out.

• Options
    Episode 54: Actual Magic in the Guild And here I thought I was going to get away with swing my sword into everything I saw.. well, I still do plenty of that, thankfully.

• Options
    Episode 55: Necromancers and Vampires Holy crap, look at all the quests we got done today! Just knocking them out one after the other, aren't we?

• Options
    Episode 56: Legit Quest Completion The game just keeps. on. breaking. Christ, I get more glitches every time, I swear.

Episode 57: Worm Food And who knew it'd be so difficult to find some flowers out in the wilderness too?

• Options
    Episode 58: Fighting Framerate You know, instead of all of the enemies that exist because of the Fighter's Guild.

• Options
    Episode 59: Pacifist Guild I swear almost everything in this game can be done without fighting.. y'know, until they force it on you.

• Options
    Episode 60: Plagued Conspiracy I was sick. This all went so slow.. but at least we got to meet the family, and wear tinfoil hats.

Episode 61: Mute Demotion I swear almost everything in this game can be done without fighting.. y'know, until they force it on you.

• Options
    The "Oh shi-! I forgot to update this" update.

Episode 62: Rugdumph Also, god damned ogres ruining all of the plans. They're so creepy.

Episode 63: Bad Boys Good old "not gonna screw it up" feeling from the people who are up there before.

Episode 64: Looting I guess we're a thief now! Time to add that to list.. after the countless acts of murder.