Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[BSG:BG] Exodus Game 01 - Game Over

MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Critical Failures
bsg-bg-logo.png
Base Set, Pegasus Expansion, Exodus Expansion
After forty years passing without a single word from the Cylons, they returned, and all but eradicated the human race. In this time of strife, they must put aside the petty differences that once separated them and focus on one thing — survival.

Humanity's only hope of a future is to find a new home; a place called Earth. The Cylons, however, are in constant and tireless pursuit. They now look, breathe and bleed exactly like humans. Cylons have infiltrated the Fleet, destroyed resources, and threaten to finish the extermination they have begun. The humans have no choice but to run, plagued by the paranoia of an indistinguishable enemy.

Are you a Cylon who will help to erase any memory of the human race? Or will your resilience and determination to survive prove to the Cylons that humanity is worth saving?

In the basic version of the game, players take the roles of prominent figures in the remainder of humanity working toward the goal of reaching Kobol, the first step on the long road toward the legendary planet Earth. However, hidden among their ranks are Cylon infiltrators, who seek to end humanity for once and for all. The Pegasus expansion adds a new scenario following the second leg of humanity’s journey, to the settlement of New Caprica and the subsequent escape after the Cylons discover and occupy the planet. Pegasus joins the fleet to provide support and additional options, and the new role of Cylon Leader is introduced, whose goals may differ from their fellow Cylons. The Exodus expansion adds three modules to the game, including the Cylon Fleet board and CAG title, new Loyalty Cards in The Final Five and Personal Goals, and the Ionian Nebula goal, which introduces more effects through Trauma tokens that affect both the players as well as new NPCs among the fleet. The following rules apply to the new situations and rules introduced in the Pegasus and Exodus Expansions. For rules that apply solely to the base set, look to one of the older games.

Rules and Utilities

Base Set Rules, from the publisher's website
Pegasus Expansion Rules, from the publisher's website
Exodus Expansion Rules, from the publisher's website
FAQ and Errata, from the publisher’s website
Player Aid 1 (Base Set), on BoardGameGeek
Player Aid 2 (Base Set), on BoardGameGeek

Notes and Guidelines for this play-by-post game:
Spoiler:

The Board
Spoiler:

General Game Flow and Victory Conditions
Spoiler:

Character Selection
Spoiler:

Human (and Unrevealed Cylon) Game Turn
Spoiler:

Revealing as a Cylon
Spoiler:

Revealed Cylon Game Turn
Spoiler:

Cylon Leader and Sympathetic Cylon Game Turn
Spoiler:

Admiral, President, and CAG
Spoiler:

Locations
Spoiler:

Executions
Spoiler:

Skill Checks
Spoiler:

MrBlarney on
chirisigtext.png

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Skill Cards
    Spoiler:

Activating Cylon Ships
    Spoiler:

Cylon Fleet Module
    Spoiler:

Combat Table
    Spoiler:

Jumping
    Spoiler:

New Caprica
    Spoiler:

Ionian Nebula Module
    Spoiler:

chirisigtext.png
    edited January 2011
    Cast of Characters
    Spoiler:

Pegasus and Exodus Expansion OP by MrBlarney, original Base Set OP taken from Akinos/Darian.

Starring Cast (Players)

Tenek as caprica-six.png [Cylon Leader] "Caprica" Six (One-Time Ability used Turn 15)
    Spoiler:
    Void Slayer as felix-gaeta.png [Military Leader] Felix Gaeta (Turns 1-3; Executed Turn 3), saul-tigh.png [Military Leader] Saul Tigh (Turn 4+; One-Time Ability used Turn 9; Executed Turn 10)

El Skid as callandra-tyrol.png [Support] Callandra “Cally” Tyrol (One-Time Ability used Turn 10)
    Spoiler:
    The Ender as louanne-katraine.png [Pilot] Louanne "Kat" Katraine (One-Time Ability used Turn 18)
    Spoiler:
    Diorinix as tory-foster.png [Political Leader] Tory Foster
    Spoiler:
    Gene Parmesan as samuel-anders.png [Pilot] Samuel T. Anders (Turns 1-19; One-Time Ability used Turn 6; Executed Turn 19), galen-tyrol.png [Support] "Chief" Galen Tyrol (Turns 19+)
    Spoiler:
    Capfalcon as gaius-baltar.png [Political Leader] Gaius Baltar (One-Time Ability used Turn 21; Unrevealed Cylon)
    Spoiler:

Previously on Battlestar Galactica...

Casting Call | Game Preparation

Turn 1: "Caprica" Six (Tenek) | Crisis: Sabotage Investigated | The fleet is rocked by sabotage, resulting in the loss of precious resources.
    Turn 2: Felix Gaeta (Void Slayer) | Crisis: The Black Market | Gaeta orders the launch of more Vipers, and a black market operating within the fleet is quashed.
    Turn 3: Callandra "Cally" Tyrol (El Skid) | Crisis: Assassination Plot | Baltar returns to his office and allows the execution of Admiral Gaeta. Gaeta is revealed to be a Final Five Cylon, and his death sends repercussions through the fleet.
    Turn 4: Louanne "Kat" Katraine (The Ender) | Crisis: Raiders Inbound | Kat launches in a viper and moves to protect the civilians, holding off a sudden raider strike force.
    Turn 5: Tory Foster (Diorinix) | Crisis: Medal of Distinction | Tory Foster meets with the press, and with D'anna Biers' help increases the fleet morale by honoring the veterans who liberated humanity from New Caprica.
    Turn 6: Samuel T. Anders (Gene Parmesan) | Crisis: An Offer of Peace | Anders uses his abilities to damage the Basestar fore of Galactica.
    Turn 7: Gaius Baltar (Capfalcon) | Crisis: Labor Dispute | President Baltar continues to write up agendas for the Quorum and settles a labor dispute with the fuel ships, ordering them back to work.
    Turn 8: "Caprica" Six (Tenek) | Crisis: Keep Tabs on Visitor | Caprica decides to spend some time on Galactica, and guards keep an eye on her activities. The fleet jumps only to find more Cylons waiting for them.

Turn 9: Saul Tigh (Void Slayer) | Crisis: Analyze Enemy Fighter | Tigh orders the launch of a nuke, destroying a number of civilian ships, and takes control of the presidency through Martial Law. An enemy Raider is captured and analyzed.
    Turn 10: Callandra "Cally" Tyrol (El Skid) | Crisis: Guilt by Collusion | Cally, sensing foul play in the military, kills Saul Tigh, citing him as a Cylon agent. Anders is thrown into the brig as a conspirator.
    Turn 11: Louanne "Kat" Katraine (The Ender) | Crisis: Review Camera Footage | Chief sends Kat to Sickbay, a State of Emergency is declared, and a couple of vipers in the hangar are damaged.
    Turn 12: Tory Foster (Diorinix) | Crisis: Cylon Screenings | Tory assists the coordination of vipers aboard Galactica, and requests for the testing of the fleet leadership are assuaged.
    Turn 13: Samuel T. Anders (Gene Parmesan) | Anders stews in the brig and works on his leadership skills.
    Turn 14: Gaius Baltar (Capfalcon) | Crisis: Crash Landing | Baltar assigns Cally as part of his cabinet. Colonial One is docked in Galactica for repairs, to no incident.
    Turn 15: "Caprica" Six (Tenek) | Crisis: Standoff with Pegasus | Caprica meets with the people of the fleet and gets into some trouble, but also helps to defuse a tense standoff with Helena Cain and Pegasus.
    Turn 16: Saul Tigh (Void Slayer) | Saul Tigh takes command of the Cylon fleet, setting back human jump preparations.
    Turn 17: Callandra "Cally" Tyrol (El Skid) | Crisis: Unwelcome Faces | Cally gets Kat back into space to fight the Cylon fleet, while saboteurs damage Pegasus.
    Turn 18: Louanne "Kat" Katraine (The Ender) | Crisis: Unfair Bias | Kat takes care of a Basestar, though it causes her to be taken to sickbay. Claims of unfair treatment in the fleet are addressed.
    Turn 19: Tory Foster (Diorinix) | Crisis: Resistance | Tory has Helena Cain execute Anders, and declares a state of emergency. A buildup of civilian resistance to the fleet's rationing plans is successfully negotiated down.
    Turn 20: Galen Tyrol (Gene Parmesan) | Crisis: Joe's Bar | Chief fixes some Viper Mk VIIs as the fleet jumps to safety. Using the time of relative peace they have, the members of Galactica list their spirits in Joe's Bar.

Turn 21: Gaius Baltar (Capfalcon) | Crisis: Training a Rookie | Baltar looks over some Cylon testing results, while pilot training goes poorly, resulting in a number of damaged vipers.
    Turn 22: "Caprica" Six (Tenek) | Crisis: Rescue The Fleet | Caprica and Kat work to prepare the fleet for the incoming Cylon ships, but they arrive earlier than expected, cutting off some of the civilians from protection.
    Turn 23: Saul Tigh (Void Slayer) | Saul Tigh orders the Raiders' attack, destroying another civilian ship and bringing humanity closer to their doom.
    Turn 24: Callandra "Cally" Tyrol (El Skid) Crisis: Jump Computer Failure | Cally and Kat try their best to protect the fleet, but rampant computer failure across the fleet causes a delay of jump preparation and more civilian ships to fall to the Cylon attack.
    Turn 25: Louanne "Kat" Katraine (The Ender) | Crisis: Water Shortage | Kat uses Pegasus to destroy some Raiders, while President Baltar deals with a water crisis.
    Turn 26: Tory Foster (Diorinix) | Crisis: Network Computers | Tory Foster tries to prepare for the worst and enacts a desperate plan to network the fleet's computers together. Unfortunately, the cylon virus is too powerful and humanity succumbs to the darkness...

Cylon Victory has been achieved on Turn 26, due to depletion of the Population resource!

Game Replay / Host Notes

chirisigtext.png
    edited January 2011
    Casting Call

Signups will be open for 24 hours, or 48 hours, depending on demand. Players will be randomly selected from all players that sign up in bold lime. In addition, modules to be used in this game will be decided upon via vote from the players that are selected, as made during the signup period.

Components that may be voted upon
    • Game Objective: Kobol, New Caprica, Ionian Nebula (inc. Trauma, Allies, and Crossroads Phase)
    • Inclusion/Exclusion of Pegasus (automatically included if destination is New Caprica)
    • Number of players (5-7)
    • Conflicted Loyalties module (Personal Goals & Final Five)
    • Cylon Fleet module (inc. CAG, Viper Mk. VIIs, and Cylon Fleet board)

The game will automatically include all other cards, characters, and components from the base set and both expansions.

chirisigtext.png
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OH GOD YES PLZ!

SPACESHIPS!
    BOOM!
    ZAP!

I should caution other potential applicants that I tend to use Pegasus's guns with little fear for anyone's safety.

New foreign policy strategy:

Obama and Merkel to call Putin a "coward noob" and "lucky bullshit noob only won lane because Ukraine went afk and Crimea fed" in all chat, demand 1v1 at Baron Pit.
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sign-up, though I am in a game now it will be over very soon.

I promise I wont choose Roslin again, that was such a mistake.

As for the vote:
    * Game Objective: Ionian Nebula (inc. Trauma, Allies, and Crossroads Phase)
    * No Pegasus
    * Number of players 6
    * Yes Conflicted Loyalties module (Personal Goals & Final Five)
    * No Cylon Fleet module

He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
    edited January 2011
    Nonononononononononononononononono

My Votes:

* Yes for Pegasus
    * Max Players
    * Ionia Benula
    * Yes Conflicted Loyalties
    * Yes Cylon Fleet thingamajig

Fuck 11 - I want this shit dialed up to twenty seven.

Obama and Merkel to call Putin a "coward noob" and "lucky bullshit noob only won lane because Ukraine went afk and Crimea fed" in all chat, demand 1v1 at Baron Pit.
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User
    edited January 2011
    !Sign up
    • Game Objective: Ionian Nebula (inc. Trauma, Allies, and Crossroads Phase)
    • Inclusion of Pegasus
    • Number of players: 7

• XiVXiV Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Sign up

* Ionian Nebula
    * Cylon Fleet
    * Conflicted Loyalties
    * WITH Pegasus
    * any number of players

edited January 2011
    Voting no for Pegasus is a tskable offense!

TSK!

TSK!

You should be ashamed of yourself.

edited January 2011
    A couple reasons not to use Pegasus:

- Expansions are most playtested with the base set only, so less balance issues
    - Pegasus crisis cards will dilute the deck when we want to see new stuff, dammit
    - Less things to keep track for mr moderator (especially since we voted for all 3 exodus modules)
    - It already went kablooey on the escape from New Caprica :P

In the future, hell yes Pegasus, but rather not for the first game. (This is of course only my opinion)

edited January 2011
    Reasons to use Pegasus:

- Full power to the main batteries! Those toaster sons of bitches will bemoan the Gods of probability when they see all the 8s I roll! BLAM! POW! ZAP! BANG!
    - ...?

Okay, maybe my reasons aren't as well laid out & eloquent, and maybe there's only one, but...

I want

my big guns

:(

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Sign me the fuck up

I'll edit my post with my voting options in a bit, going to think about it.

EDIT:

* Inclusion/Exclusion of Pegasus: Board + Cards, not New Caprica.
    * Number of players: 6
    * Conflicted Loyalties module: No.
    * Cylon Fleet module: Yes.

Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be.
    • Ionian Nebula
    • Yes Pegasus
    • 6 Players
    • Yes Conflicted Loyalties
    • No Cylon Fleet

Steam / Xbox Live / Rock Band DLC / WoW: Allanna, Kolii
    SWTOR: Allanna (Shadowlands) / TSW: Sara-Luna
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Frakking toasters. We'll get wherever it is we're going if we have to hold this ship together with our bare hands

Nebula
    No opinion on Pegasus
    7 players
    Yes conflicted loyalties
    Yes cylon fleet

• MordenthralMordenthral Registered User
    edited January 2011
    I'll sign up, please.

Ionian Nebula
    No Pegasus
    6 or 7 players
    Yes to Conflicted Loyalties
    Yes to Cylon Fleet

stever777 wrote: »
    True. You are good Mord.
  • AthenorAthenor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not planning on playing, but I just wanted to mention:

He never said you were voting on Pegasus components. He said you were voting on the presence of the Pegasus BOARD. Having Ellen available without the treachery-based skill cards and crisis cards would be just silly.

And given the nature of the Cylon fleet locale, I'd personally be more than happy to have the big guns at your back. After all, the show runners specifically said they did what they did to Pegasus because it was just too frakkin' powerful!

fCew0YJ.jpg
    Steam & NNID - Athenor // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
  • MordenthralMordenthral Registered User
    edited January 2011
    I understand that. I just don't like the Pegasus board.

stever777 wrote: »
    True. You are good Mord.
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Sign Directly The Fuck Up

I would like to see as much of the new Exodus parts as possible, of course, but I'd be happy with just the Ionian Nebula as destination, including the new ally and token mechanics. Having said that, here are my votes;

* No Opinion on Pegasus
    * No Opinion on # of Players... whatever avoids the Cylon Sympathizer cards
    * Yes to Conflicted Loyalties
    * Yes to Cylon Fleet Module

Yeah, that's like... way too much stuff in one game, lol. But if you're willing to run it, I think it would all be easier to track and manage online in a slower paced game.

• PayotPayot Registered User
    edited January 2011
    !SIGN UP

Ionian nebula
    Yes to Pegasus
    7 players
    Yes to conflicted loyalties
    Yes to cylon fleet

edited January 2011
    Athenor wrote: »
    Not planning on playing, but I just wanted to mention:

He never said you were voting on Pegasus components. He said you were voting on the presence of the Pegasus BOARD. Having Ellen available without the treachery-based skill cards and crisis cards would be just silly.

Hm, if that's the case then I'd amend my vote to Yes Pegasus. I've played a couple of games of "Pegasus without Pegasus" and it felt markedly harder, which makes sense since the expansion is designed with Peggy's 4 additional hit points in mind. The last thing I want is a first round Cavil Aggressive Tactics + Primacy + Double Cylon Fleet combo :P

edited January 2011
    Since we've got ten signups already, it looks like a safe bet to close the signups period tonight at 9PM PST/12AM EST/5AM UTC. Ionian Nebula is a certainty in terms of destination, inclusion of the other two Exodus modules also seem to be very likely. Inclusion of the Pegasus Board and consensus on number of players is less certain, though leaning towards including Pegasus and favoring 7 players over 6.

chirisigtext.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Sign up

Include everything new:
    Select Ionian Nebula destination,
    Pegasus Included,
    7 players,
    Include conflicted loyalty
    Include cylon fleet.

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil
  • edited January 2011

Total Overload mode with everything included, Ionian Nebula as destination and 7 players

• DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm a relatively new player (I've played only 5 or so games IRL). I haven't played with New Caprica, as our group chooses only to use the Pegasus board w/o Caprica. We'll be adding it in soon, as our competency is increasing.

If chosen, I'll abstain from voting and go along with the majority.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Sign Up!

Total overload sounds good to me!

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Signup

Happy with throwing everything in there-no sympathizer please-pegasus board should be ok-not too worried with balance as everyone's inexperience with the expansion will be more of a difference

PSN SeGaTai
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eek. Sign up!

Details, details...

-Ionian Nebula
    -7 players, although 6 is fine. If necessary to avoid Sympathizer with 6 I'll take a Cylon Leader (assuming Pegasus.)
    -Yes to Pegasus (isn't that required for 7 players anyways?)
    -Yes to Conflicted Loyalties/Final Five, sure
    -Yes to Cylon Fleet

• CapricaCaprica Registered User
    edited January 2011

I am good with all the new rules but would prefer no sympathizer.

• Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    Game Preparation

Player selection courtesy of RANDOM.ORG's Sequence Generator, these will be the players for our game:
    1. Tenek
    2. Void Slayer
    3. El Skid
    4. The Ender
    5. Diorinix
    6. Gene Parmesan
    7. Capfalcon
    and a list of first reserves if needed:

[list=8][*]pablo_price
    [*]DarkPrimus
    [*]SeGaTai[/list]
    Based on votes given in the thread, this will be a full-expansion game including all components and modules:
    • Destination: Ionian Nebula (inc. Trauma, Allies, and Crossroads Phase)
    • Battlestar Pegasus supporting
    Tenek, you are up to select your character first, and going down the line from there. Make your selections in cyan. Conditional character selection orders can be made. You can also draw your starting skills if desired, or you may wait until characters have been selected and starting loyalties have been distributed.

chirisigtext.png
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well then. I'll take "Caprica" Six and get the ball rolling.
    Spoiler:

edited January 2011
    Well, you're first player so you don't get to choose your skill card draw until first turn anyways.

Void Slayer is up to choose!

chirisigtext.png
  • Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am always at the bottom turn order for pbp. Welp, happy enough to get in!

• StilesStiles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good luck you guys, I'm really looking forward to how this plays out.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Out with the old, in with the new.

Choosing Felix Gaeta taking 1 politics 1 leadership 1 tactics

He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
    edited January 2011
    Actually, you start with three Skill Cards out of your normal draw, not just one. In addition, since Gaeta has a two-card flexible draw, he could draw two of a single color or one of each, when he has the option of drawing Skill Cards. Make those adjustments, y'hear?

El Skid gets the next pick - can't be a Military Leader.

chirisigtext.png
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just played this exact setup at my flgs; it is full on nuts insane. Looking forward to observing the madness.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cally Tyrol, Please!

Draw 1 Pol, 1 Lea, 1 Tac

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil
    edited January 2011
    The Ender is up for character selection - again, it can't be a Military Leader.

chirisigtext.png
  • DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My internet was down and I missed Sign Up. :(
    Can I be a reserve?