As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Celebrated Jumping [chat] of Calaveras County

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Ooh, is this the part where I get to get all pissy and obnoxious because Zombie is getting some and I'm not? :P

<3 Ya zombie, glad to hear you are getting some play.

Haha, thanks man. It speaks volumes about me that the part I like the most is the romance, not pounding each other

well, maybe I do. I don't know yet :/

On the next episode of arrested development ...

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I read some Sex Astrology thing with her (at Border's, and somehow it was not weird at all) and it was surprisingly accurate

well, at least I think it is. it is how I see it being now, I guess

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am a lot more interested in the statistic where over 95% of diets fail than the rest of the fat discrimination thread.

This is a very interesting statistic to me.

I would love to see some hard science on the percentages of people who are actually able to flip their life around in other areas too. Poor to rich, sad to happy, that sort of thing.

Winky on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Ugh. This had better not be a cold.

I'm actually hoping it's my imminent transcendence to the immaterial plane.

Echo on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    G'night [chat], have a good one.

Winky: social mobility is at an all-time low is all I know. Hasn't changed since WW2 apparently.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I read some Sex Astrology thing with her (at Border's, and somehow it was not weird at all) and it was surprisingly accurate

The entire purpose of any kind of astrology (or tarot or energy reading or whatever other mysticy crap) is to appear surprisingly accurate. I am unsurprised.

Winky on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Echo wrote: »

Quick someone get the oilcan.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How does one define failure with a diet?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I feel sort of bad about using the approach I am in the PC thread.

But god damn its nice to be on the other end of it for once.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Winky, you've made elaborate plans for 2011, and are determined to complete them all. There could, however, be last-minute changes that need to be made. Don't be too inflexible. Go with the flow.

You're an upbeat person, and no matter what happens, you do your best to make the most of it - especially when it comes to acquiring knowledge. You'll learn more in the first few months than you did in all of 2010. Don't push yourself too hard, however. There's no hurry. Don't forget to take time out to relax and enjoy life.

You enjoy getting out and meeting new people, and there are very few whom you consider your soul mates. It's easier for you to make casual friends, and you are kind to even your difficult relatives.

This year, you just might find more close companions than you ever did before. Learn from them. Get to know them well. Enjoy!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Winky wrote: »

The entire purpose of any kind of astrology (or tarot or energy reading or whatever other mysticy crap) is to appear surprisingly accurate. I am unsurprised.

oh believe me I know, but even knowing that it was not bad

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

Quick someone get the oilcan.

Hmm, is he going for the transcendence victory?

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

They abandon the diet before they reach their target weight?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    why are you talking about huck finn in the computer thread

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Winky, you've made elaborate plans for 2011, and are determined to complete them all. There could, however, be last-minute changes that need to be made. Don't be too inflexible. Go with the flow.

You're an upbeat person, and no matter what happens, you do your best to make the most of it - especially when it comes to acquiring knowledge. You'll learn more in the first few months than you did in all of 2010. Don't push yourself too hard, however. There's no hurry. Don't forget to take time out to relax and enjoy life.

You enjoy getting out and meeting new people, and there are very few whom you consider your soul mates. It's easier for you to make casual friends, and you are kind to even your difficult relatives.

This year, you just might find more close companions than you ever did before. Learn from them. Get to know them well. Enjoy!

I remember when I really wanted to try to learn cold reading.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Makes sense for diets with target weights. But, thinking of my brother's diet for instance (which he's lost a good amount of weight on) his stated goal was just "eat less carbs."

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

oh believe me I know, but even knowing that it was not bad

I like Rob Brezsny a lot, not because I think the stars are guiding him to wisdom, but because I find him a simple joy to read.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    of course 95% of diets fail

because we frame them as being temporary when a diet is not temporary, it's permanent

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    "How much PC is too much PC"

Well, I guess it depends of what you're going to do with it. If it's just email, word, and internet, you can get away with... wait a minute.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Makes sense for diets with target weights. But, thinking of my brother's diet for instance (which he's lost a good amount of weight on) his stated goal was just "eat less carbs."

That's a good goal.

A lot of people don't have goals that reasonable.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited January 2011
    also our diets are extreme

6 weeks of no sugar or carbs or some shit

people can't make that lifestyle adjustment, even for 6 weeks

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    My goal is always "eat more animals because arch is not, the pussy" Flawless victory.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »

That's a good goal.

My goals are "eat less in general and up my exercise".

Working so far.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    My goal is always "eat more animals because arch is not, the pussy" Flawless victory.

Ah, yes, the Maddox diet.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I have a message from a female relation of yours. She says don't worry about the money.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    also our diets are extreme

6 weeks of no sugar or carbs or some shit

people can't make that lifestyle adjustment, even for 6 weeks

Even then, weight loss shouldn't be the goal. Improved health should be the goal. Weight loss will probably come along with it, but that's a nice side effect.

Feral on

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'm sensing that you are a skeptic when it comes to psychic powers

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Ah, yes, the Maddox diet.

I read the alphabet of manliness everyday.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011

That's a good goal.

My goals are "eat less in general and up my exercise".

Working so far.

And people ask me how I lost this weight; more work and less food on the plate man, just a simple plan with a little bit of self discipline

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, I remember when I liked Maddox. That was... a naive time.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

That's a good goal.

This was similar to the diet I went on in which I managed to lose a good deal of weight. Only instead I was like "eat fewer calories".

Of course, that statistic could have to do with the fact that the majority of diets are bullshit (and in my opinion the majority of nutritionists too). I just have long thought that lifestyle inertia is a much greater force than anyone gives it credit for.

Winky on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuuuuuuuuuck. My awesome piano teacher recommended homeopathy to me today for my cold.

That was awkward. I didn't know how to set my face to avoid looking tremendously disappointed.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've been able to deduce that my sword is between 1 and 2 pounds, but can refine this knowledge no further due to a lack of a precise scale between that range.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    aren't horoscopes supposed to apply to everyone

that's nothing like me

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Fuuuuuuuuuck. My awesome piano teacher recommended homeopathy to me today for my cold.

That was awkward. I didn't know how to set my face to avoid looking tremendously disappointed.

Well for colds there really isn't a good medical solution other then bed rest. So homeopathy isn't like the devil there, its all folk remedy bullshit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I lost about 20 pounds in a month one time. the plan was real simple: eat about 1,000-1,500 calories a day. no sweets, diet soda.

it probably helped that I was rock climbing 3 hours a day, every day, for a stretch of 12+ days at a time.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've been able to deduce that my sword is between 1 and 2 pounds, but can refine this knowledge no further due to a lack of a precise scale between that range.

BUT CAN IT CLEAVE A PIG SKULL LIKE THIS?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Eh, I dunno, man. Burning calories for three hours straight every day doesn't seem like it would help much at all. :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, in my personal experience with weight loss, the best advice I can give is to just get over being hungry. "Oh no I'm hungry!" "Well deal with it pussy, it's like the least inconveniencing discomfort you can have."

Winky on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

BUT CAN IT CLEAVE A PIG SKULL LIKE THIS?

Sir how dare you imply that I wield some kind of barbaric cleaving sword, rapiers at dusk.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.