As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Too Old For This [chat]

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    you are the bestest passer

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    innnteresting

how many cards like stampeded or whatever are there (that give all your cards +something and trample?)

Gatherer is your friend.

MrMister on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    you are the bestest passer

Glad to help. You should listen to more Magic Sam, he's cooooooooooooooooooooool.

Passerbye on
  • retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    retrovm wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »

Lost was great in season 1, good in the first half of season 2, then from the second half of season 2 till the season 3 finale it was a lot of bullshit and filler because they didn't know how many episodes they had to write material for and so couldn't move the story very fast.

Then season 4, 5 and 6 were pretty fucking great.

Season 4 has one of my favourite episodes of any tv show of all time.

i dig season 2 but it gets slow. 3 is great at the beginning and the end, it drags in the middle; note that i didn't start watching "live" until the end of season 3, i'd watched 1 and 2 on DVD and most of 3 online. i think towards the end of season 3 is when they announced the shoq would be 6 seasons so they had a vague idea of where the hell they were going and the show picked back up. 4 and 5 are fucking GREAT, 6 i waver. it gets great like 4 or 5 episodes in.

Yeah they found out towards the end of season 3 which is why everything just suddenly became 10000 times better.

exaaaactly. i did a rewatch of the entire series once the show ended, and i still really enjoyed it; in fact i enjoyed 3 more for what it was. a lot of people complain that it was 'filler', but eh. character development is character development! i enjoyed season 6 more on the rewatch knowing how it ends and not having to wait every week to see what the hell happens etc.
    but jesus christ, 'across the sea' is still a disaster.

retrovm on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    innnteresting

how many cards like stampeded or whatever are there (that give all your cards +something and trample?)

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type=|[%22Sorcery%22]|[%22Instant%22]&text=+[Trample]

wait this crazy idea might just work

lots of insect summons (black and green) with green buffs that give trample and a few insects have infect (from scars or whatever)

hmmmmm

Arch on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    innnteresting

Overrun and Overwhelming Stampede should both be pretty easy to get your hands on (one was uncommon in Magic 2010, the other was rare in 2011 but was in a prebuilt deck and should only cost about 50p)

Starcross on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, fuck this noise. I am going to eat something and it is going to stay down or so help me the stomach shall be the first against the wall. I'll show you rebellion, you terrible organ!

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011
    what about ant queen summoning lots of ants and then stampeding down, or carrion call (which summons 2 or three insect tokens with infect i think) and then giving them all with overrun

hmmmm

Arch on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    innnteresting

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type=|[%22Sorcery%22]|[%22Instant%22]&text=+[Trample]

lots of insect summons (black and green) with green buffs that give trample and a few insects have infect (from scars or whatever)

hmmmmm

Throw in some black kill cards and green mana acceleration and you're essentially just doing g/b beat down with only insects.

Don't worry about infect. Try to keep the creature cost down.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    One of the silliest people I heard about in 2010 was that lady who wrote a book about being celibate for a year, yet when pressed it transpired her definition of "celibate" was "no penis in vagina", and she spent the year with either sex toys or using the back door.

That kinda missed the point of celibacy.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited January 2011
    innnteresting

hmmmmm

Throw in some black kill cards and green mana acceleration and you're essentially just doing g/b beat down with only insects.

Don't worry about infect. Try to keep the creature cost down.

hmmmmmm!

Arch on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arivia, if you need a character generator for Shadowrun, let me know when I get home.

thanks for the opportunity but I did my 4e character by hand

and I will be damned if I let the incestuous mess known as 3e cybershit to get the better of me

I don't remember the rules for chrome changing radically but it's been a decade since I've played SR.

haha having looked at them both in the last six hours yes yes they have

also thanks for the idea passer but I unfortunately do not know stuff that well!

Huh, what did they change? I mean the game of "How much crap can I stuff in a cybereye?" hasn't changed, just asked Elldren who saw how much crap I can stuff in a cybereye (Just about everything but the tool laser). Items cost essence and coin, cyberlimbs have carrying capacity and did seem a bit more flexible. And more bioware stuff, but I'm pretty sure the rules from that come from a 3rd Ed splat....

Thomamelas on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    what about ant queen summoning lots of ants and then stampeding down, or carrion call (which summons 2 or three insect tokens with infect i think) and then giving them all with overrun

hmmmm

Ant Queen is ok.

She's a massive bullet magnet though.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    nothing seems to give insects specifically awesome stuff

lots of things seem to make more

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

hmmmm

Try not to make a mess of your pants okay?

magictradefr_1734.jpg

Inquisitor on
    edited January 2011
    Arch, get 4 of these and run them

Image.ashx?multiverseid=157406&type=card

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I fell asleep at like 9am, slept for three hours, am still digesting the heavy fast food meal I ate, still tired, and now I'm crying and browsing the internet to try to find something.

I think someone should buy me some fuckin' ice cream.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited January 2011

Sounds like a job for:
    Coat20of20Arms.jpg

Inquisitor on
    edited January 2011

hmmmm

You might not want to do a mixture of infect and non-infect guys. Infect guys don't deal normal damage to players so having a mixture just means you're trying to kill them in two entirely different ways and you'll generally be a lot more successful choosing one and focussing on that.

For playing infect guys in a non-infect deck (or vice versa), a good rule of thumb is to think "Would I play this if it was a wall?"

Starcross on
    edited January 2011
    Everything is a job for coat of arms.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    oh i didn't realize the nantuko existed in magic

Arch on
    edited January 2011
    Alright, a few crackers down.

Let's see how this goes.

Passerbye on
    edited January 2011

Sounds like a job for:
    Coat20of20Arms.jpg

door_of_destinies.jpg
    Is good as a variant that protects you against having all your guys killed.

Starcross on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1294385592381433.jpeg

Tav on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tav wrote: »
    1294385592381433.jpeg

that kid is so smug about his awesome shirt

let's pin him down and take it from him

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited January 2011
    If I built a for fun magic deck it would probably be a sliver deck.

Inquisitor on
    edited January 2011
    see things like door of desire and coat of arms are things I am also interested in

Arch on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    Pony when you said The Collector I thought you wrote that awesome horror movie that came out last year.

I was getting excited.

I've never seen your Canadian television, except for Degrassi

yeah i should've been more specific

technically most of what i did on the Collector is script doctoring, not writing proper

but i did participate in some of the episode writing, but because i was non-guild and i was an arrogant little fuck without an agent i got screwed over and got no credit

i got money from it, not a lot, but they did pay me. what i didn't get was credit so i am bitter about that

(to be clear i am not bitter about being uncredited for script doctoring because script doctors don't get credit usually, it's more the actual contributions i am bitter about)

the stuff with Space was much more infuriating. i don't know if i can express how disappointing it is to get all excited that your own TV show is being made, that you wrote, and you tell your family and your friends and you go to all these fancy meetings and you meet with casting people and you sit in on casting aaaaand

then you get a call one day and they're like "yyyyeah we're not going to greenlight the pilot after all, we decided not to front the money sorry"

You ever thought about making your own webseries now that HD filming is so cheap now?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited January 2011
    If I built a for fun magic deck it would probably be a sliver deck.

Depends on who its fun for.

My best friend runs one of those and Wrath of God/Damnnation is like the one thing that can beat it.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

RMS Oceanic on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not so pwetty now aw ya smahty

without ya shaht ya ain't so hawt

Senjutsu on
    edited January 2011
    see things like door of desire and coat of arms are things I am also interested in
    Run creakwood liege.

Do it.

Shadowmoor/Eventide were waaaaaaaay overpowered.

Fucking Mimics.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Starcross wrote: »

Sounds like a job for:
    Coat20of20Arms.jpg

door_of_destinies.jpg
    Is good as a variant that protects you against having all your guys killed.

but since most of his insects will be tokens, doesn't help as much

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow that was a whole page of boring MTG nerd [chat] and then BAM! awesome kid sweatshirt.

Regina Fong on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    japan wrote: »
    Godfrey Daniels, this is the last straw.
    I flipped my eggs that morning using only my bare hand, and while it hurt a bit, I consider that the pain of a "natural kitchen" rebirth. I gave up cooking utensils that day and never looked back.

What

That is as silly as that guy that was blogging for a while about his "minimalist lifestyle" that required him to own less than 100 things. This was because he was mooching of his girlfriend and he would make use of the things she owned that he didn't.

It may put this in some perspective if I add that two of his 100 things were a fixie and a macbook.

Boing boing should be avoided at the very least because of Cory Doctorow. he is the worst.

Dynagrip on
    edited January 2011
    White Weenie forever! <3

:?:

Passerbye on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I tried playing MtG with a beginner friend before in college and two dudes came over and told us that we were playing it wrong, and what we should do each turn

we said "fuck that shit", let the arseholes play and we went to play FIFA

FIFA is awesome

Tav on
    edited January 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »
    White Weenie forever! <3

Magic deck.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Passerbye wrote: »
    White Weenie forever! <3

Not Dyr

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2011
    Run creakwood liege.

Do it.

Shadowmoor/Eventide were waaaaaaaay overpowered.

Fucking Mimics.

i like creakwood liege but he isn't an insect but i think i am alright with it

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.