Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

WTB Help: Basic Home Networking

projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
Oh hello there, I didnt see you come in. Would you like some tea? A piece of cake? All in due time. You came here for a reason so lets go ahead and hash it out.

I understand computers. I use them quite often however when it comes to home networking I honestly have no clue whats up and whats down.

I have a Win7 Desktop and Win 7Laptop and a Mac Mini. I have no clue how to get these three things to talk to each other. The main thing I want is to be able to access my files between all three computers, Music, Photos, Documents, ect.

All three are hooked up through wifi via wireless router. And um. thats about as far as I can get as far as home networking is concerned.

Any help will be rewarded with <3s and wangs.

projectmayhem on

• SpudgeSpudge Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Well setting up filesharing between the two Win7 machines is easy - just set up your homegroup

Once your homegroup is set up, you should be able to SMB to the Win7 machines (smb://{IP address} and select guest user). As for going from Win7 to Mac, I found this:
    Spoiler:

edit: don't forget to turn on SMB Sharing on the Mac: System Prefs / Sharing / Filesharing / Options dialog

Play With Me
    Spoiler: