As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: 100% Easier to Find

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh thank god for the thread name change. It's nice to be able to find this thing again.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Let me tell you guys something about solo queue.

Elo hell is at every level.

People imagine when you get up to higher Elo brackets you stop having bullshit in your games. Nope. It still happens. It might happen less frequently, but it still happens.

(spoilered for long)
    So I've been hovering around 1600 rating lately, which I guess is high Elo compared to most LoL players, although it's not quite at that elite 1800+ level, obviously. This morning, I get matched into a game, feeling pretty good and competent and ready to go.

We have a pretty decent team going; for some reason our first two picks both go solo AD carries, Sivir and Ezreal, but that's okay, the lack of magic damage can be compensated for elsewhere. I pick Malphite as the third pick, figuring I can jungle or solo or duo lane and tank and fill whatever damn role the team needs of me. Even AP carry in a pinch if it comes down to that, 'cause Malphite is just awesome that way. Our fourth pick says he wants jungle Udyr so I'm like, cool, that's some magic damage and another tanky guy for the front line and a bit of CC.

So our fifth pick asks what to get and we say, you're going to be duo lane with Malphite, an AP support would be good, we need some CC and a bit more magic damage. I throw out about a hundred possibilities; Morgana, Lux, Janna, on the list goes.

His response? He picks/locks Kennen and says "solo lane". Immediately some of the people on our team start saying "WTF GG" and remarks like that. I'm like, no, man, you're going to duo with me, and he begrudgingly agrees.

So we get into a level 1 teamfight for some unknown reason and lose a couple people with everyone accusing each other of fucking it up. But I'm like chill out guys, look at our team comp. We have Malphite, Sivir, Kennen, Ezreal, and Udyr. That's a shit ton of AoE damage and not too bad CC. We got this late game.

Things go okay from there on, people are playing really reckless but it's kind of working, we're getting kills with it and going about even. We manage to win a dragon fight and the game is 12-16 in the enemy team's favor but we have the only dragon kill of the game.

So at this point our Udyr, who has said nothing the entire game, goes afk for no apparent reason. Simultaneously (before we even realized Udyr was afk), Sivir has been pushing deep into enemy territory with like 4 missing and getting killed over and over again even after we have told her to stop doing that because she's getting caught and clearly can't get away. Kennen has been dying a lot but mostly in actual skirmishes, not just dying in lane and such, but at this point he realizes Udyr is afk and starts intentionally feeding and admits straight up he's trolling us now, all while whining that the team put Kennen and Malphite in a duo lane over and over again.

Sivir is intentionally feeding at this point too, still pulling the same shenanigans she was doing earlier in the game. Now Udyr comes back after about five minutes afk (still saying nothing) and I beg people to please just group up, we have really strong AoE and there's still a chance (hero score is like 15-25 or some such at this point, and I'm 4-1 on Malphite, getting really fed). So we actually do group up and get some picks and win a couple fights, and are coming back. We get Baron and a pick and are going to push the enemy base. So we get up to the enemy base and their four champions are defending their mid inhib tower. Our creep wave is still coming but it's going to be a few seconds so we're all settled in to wait. At this point Sivir activates her ult, runs ahead of us with no creeps and all of us behind her, and starts attacking the tower.

Of course she gets instagibbed. Then she whines that if we had just tanked the tower for her it would have died and all would be swell.

Head. Desk.

We wipe, they push us back (our mid inhib was already down from the earlier shenanigans), and end the game.

TL;DR: AFK, intentional feeding, trolling, and general horrifying play happens even in the 1600s in ranked play.

Don't get the wrong idea. This is a rare and unusual scenario of disgusting, rage-inducing flatulence, but it does happen.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Played a 90+ min game yesterday. It was quite the chore and no one wanted to surrender. Pretty much an even game up until maybe the 45 min mark. Then their Yi bailed and we were at a 5v4 advantage. Welp.. at this point we had thier mid inhib down but thier top and bot only had one tower down. They on the other hand had a teleporting Sivir who knocked us all the way down to one or two inhibs consistantly. And here's what went wrong. Whenever we would win a team fight, never aced, but won a team fight.. My team would push no other lane than mid. Even tho we had no inhib on mid for most of the game and their super creeps barreling down on us. I was Morde. I begged and pleaded with them to push top or bottom as with no Supers it could be pushed hard while one of us defended.

Finally I convinced our Kat to push top with me after a team fight win. But our Malph called me a noob and continued to fight his way up mid with Cass... Then our defender DC'd. We got to the top inhib while Malph was still banging away at the super creeps at the river. Before we realized the defender was DC'd Sivir back doored our other inhibs. Kat and I tele'd back to D. They jumped malph and Cass then rolled in on us.

It just killed me. I raged so hard I was grumpy for 30 minutes afterward. If we had just pushed something other than mid... for 45 min with player advantage. Goddamn.. makes me angry just thinking about it.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I am pretty good at losing games.
    trewew.png

I am just not sure how to win a game, it just doesn't seem like it is at all in my control. We won every single team fight, but then they would have two or three left, run to a tower, the smart people on our team would back out but then teemo and udyr would run in and die every single time. There is nothing I can do to fix stupid, they kept doing it. At first I was shielding Teemo but he never shot anything so I started shielding Udyr or Rammus. We had complete dragon and baron control, then at the 50 minute mark they attack our front inhib, only three of us respond, get whiped then they ace us when the last two show up.

We fucking lost a game where we won every team fight, had baron and dragon control and look at those fucking assists.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I played a solo queue game where I did average and my teammates were also rather average except for our carry who did somewhat well but we lost narrowly so now I am posting about it.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »
    I played a solo queue game where I did average and my teammates were also rather average except for our carry who did somewhat well but we lost narrowly so now I am posting about it.

Exactly, this isn't a thread to just discuss LoL, this is The Official League of Legends Venting Thread: In Hopes to Prevent Murder

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    half of moba is anger

the other half is smoke weed erryday

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    half of moba is anger

the other half is smoke weed erryday

League of Legends: Drug Enhanced Edition

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Time to test the absolute outer limits of ultra dps sona

LET'S DO THIS THING

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So the acronym that's been used for about a year now was changed?

That's pretty funny.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    zen i dont understand your posting

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's a mystery

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Woo another game ruined by an afker.

I love this game but the community is the biggest shitstain on the already pebbledashed toilet bowl of online gaming.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Time for another suckup to Zen post. I just watched him go AP Taric and utterly demolish Mordekaiser in a 1v1 lane. He then bought a Deathcap and proceded to destroy their team and anyone I could grab. They surrendered at 25 with Zen going 9/0/6.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »
    Time for another suckup to Zen post. I just watched him go AP Taric and utterly demolish Mordekaiser in a 1v1 lane. He then bought a Deathcap and proceded to destroy their team and anyone I could grab. They surrendered at 25 with Zen going 9/0/6.

:^:

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    1/8/6 as Pantheon in ranked. What a garbage game for me

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Soooo nearly got my first pentakill.

Shunpo'd onto Ashe just a second too soon so missed it ;_;

I got one the other night

let me tell you

shit felt goooooooood

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    poppy is so fun when the enemy team doesn't get any magic resist

literally two shotting people with DFG + Q because of deathcap + lich bane + the DFG AP + diplomatic immunity

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Playing Janna does not win games.
    321321j.png

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Last night was hilarious. I was AP Alistar. Both our teams got wiped out close to their base, southern edge of the map. I'm like... OMG WE MUST GO TO BARON AND GET IT BFEORE THEY DO-

So I ghost over there. Turns out that 3 of them are already trying to get it done. One of them is almost dead... PUMMEL! HEADBUTT! There goes their squishiest! The other two go running! We get Baron for ourselves.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh snap, the EU servers are down again.

What a shock*

*(Read: The EU servers are shite and this happens every 2-3 weeks or so)

olliedag on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That's why you join the US ones.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you were a TRUE RED-BLOODED AMERICAN your severs would only go down every... well it would be a pretty similar experience, actually.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They're down too.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And I just lost the game I am in, laning against Eve, my lane partner goes AFk without me knowing, eve jumps me, I almost kill her, she kills me then my lane partner...

0-6 Tristana, nothing I can do Eve is 9/3, we killed her twice in lane at first but then she fed off other lanes and got me while my lane partner was afk. All she does is tower dive and run out.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anyone have kayle tips?

I went 2/4/15 and pushed towers okay, but I didn't feel like a real helpful part of my team

I was terrible with her ult too

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My best Kayle tip is don't play Kayle.

I really think she's pretty underpowered at the moment.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the worst game
    78693073.jpg

twitch auto locked in and did nothing but back door the entire game after horribly losing mid

fortunately veigar decided not to build a void staff and his 1000 ap spells bounced off my 280 mr then kassadin killed everyone despite every team fight being 4v5

Jars on
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anyone have kayle tips?

I went 2/4/15 and pushed towers okay, but I didn't feel like a real helpful part of my team

All I know from the receiving end is that is Nashors' Tooth + Rageblade rips people into teeny tiny pieces with Kaylee.

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    so tired of tanky teams

so tired

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bloodrazor Udyr gives not a shit about tanks.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    we had one

didn't help that much

nasus amumu and sion all standing guard in front of caitlyn and lux, pokers extraordinaire, standing at max range

i could have poppyed the FUCK out of caitlyn's ass (i did eventually) if i could've gotten in range to Dip her easier, but just before i cast diplomatic immunity i got withered and it made it fucking terrible to get in range for charge

casting diplomatic immunity should clear all debuffs from people who aren't your target

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    hahahahahahahahahaha

played kass, had over seven hundred ap

at one point a team fight is going on, we go 1 for 4

except i've been porting around a lot, to the point where i don't have enough mana for another port

... but clarity is up!

and i do like a 5x damage rift walk into their team, getting a triple kill (which gives me red) and now out of mana i lizard-AA the fourth to death

quadrakill with two key presses, yes please

Organichu on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahaha

played kass, had over seven hundred ap

at one point a team fight is going on, we go 1 for 4

except i've been porting around a lot, to the point where i don't have enough mana for another port

... but clarity is up!

and i do like a 5x damage rift walk into their team, getting a triple kill (which gives me red) and now out of mana i lizard-AA the fourth to death

quadrakill with two key presses, yes please
    oh man, what was your build?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Saw this build on moba fire, supposedly it is mathematically the highest DPS you can get with tristana. I see all sorts of problems with the build but it might be pretty good for normal games. Anyone ever try something like that?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Saw this build on moba fire, supposedly it is mathematically the highest DPS you can get with tristana. I see all sorts of problems with the build but it might be pretty good for normal games. Anyone ever try something like that?

i dont understand how that can be the mathematically highest dps possible when it's using an hp quint

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »

i dont understand how that can be the mathematically highest dps possible when it's using an hp quint

Yeah I don't know, I think HP quints kind of suck for late game DPS...because they do.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anyone have kayle tips?

Get fed early or be useless.

Remember to use alt and shift to cast your ult. Alt to ult yourself. Shift to instant ult team mates.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    SOAK MUNDO

I CHOOSE YOU
    LoL1.jpg

how the hell are you 24 with only 42 games played

Rent on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can't decide what runes I need now. I currently have:

Red:
    9 AS
    9 Armor Pen
    9 Spell Pen

Yellow:
    9 Flat Armor
    9 MP5 per level
    9 AS

Blue:
    9 CDR
    9 AS
    9 Spell Pen

Quintessence:
    3 Spell Pen (Halloween)
    3 Move Speed (Halloween)
    3 Flat Health (Halloween)
    3 Dodge (Halloween)
    3 AP (Halloween)
    3 AS

Everything is tier 3 except for the Halloween ones obviously. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of getting damage per level but I don't know which color to get

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.