As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SB Audigy Driver Crashing XP or USB Audio Out Software

JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
I have recently formatted my PC and installed an old SB Audigy card as my old one shit the bed. When I install the latest drivers my computer crashes on boot, endlessly cycling if I choose start windows normally. If I restore back to before I installed the driver it works fine. I have checked google but everything that comes up is for Win7/W7Beta and none of them really provide any insight towards a viable solution. I am hoping that some knowledgeable gentleman here at Moe's can provide me with the keys to success for this setup.

Also, the on board audio connections are separated into four different connections(front, back, center, sub) and I only have one plug going to a home theater style surround sound receiver. When I plug into the front speaker connector I get sound from only one speaker.

I do have a USB audio in on the reciever, is there any software that I can use to send PC sound through as USB connection?

Any information would of course be incredibly helpful, thanks in advance.

*EDIT*
Resolved, I finally found a driver from 2002 that doesn't crash on boot. Now everything is working perfectly.

If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
JamesDM on