Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

i have an infection in my butt, a game design infection

OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited July 2011 in Singularity Engine++
what's up, it's a new game design thread since i want to talk about game design and i'm tired of hijacking threads to do it

also if you can do the following and are interested in working with me on a mod for the UDK let me know

*modelling
*animation
*sound
*voice acting (professionals)

things i am interested in talking about lately

*how game mechanics can be used to present a character - niko saying that he wants to live a peaceful life and yet all these crazy players keep making him massacre cops, vito scaletta wanting to get respect and managing to kill everyone ever because that's the only way he or the player can interact with the world

*designing games so that the player still has agency to influence the narrative but it doesn't end up being a shallow mishmash of boring things to do and cutscenes a la just cause 2

*playing halo competitively

Orikaeshigitae on