As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girlfriend's Macbook can no longer connect to our Verizon wireless router. [Solved]

Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/themNorth Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
We've been having an intermittent connection problem with Verizon these last few weeks, and after several calls in which Verizon representatives flatly denied any problem with the line they finally agreed to send out a tech.

The tech was supposed to come over tomorrow, but instead came over today while I was out of the apartment. My girlfriend was in, but she's not familiar with the specifics of the issue.

From what I can tell all the tech did was change the SSID of the router. He didn't do anything else. Despite this, my girlfriend's Macbook is now unable to connect to the router and spits up an error saying it can't get an IP address. This sort of error usually means that the IP address that the Macbook wants to use is taken by something else, but the only machine connected to the router right now is my PC.

The router admin panel doesn't seem to list the Macbook as connected, either.

I just called the Verizon tech and left a polite message asking if he's able to help us fix the problem - troubleshooting over the phone, if necessary - but my girlfriend needs to be able to use the internet.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Never mind. Problem solved. Suffice to say, I'll be leaving Verizon soonish.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
Squirminator2k on