Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Rifts - Chapter 1 : BAH! The Midwest!] Release the Kraken!

1234579

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've got some Mini-Missiles, but like Zed said, 1 mile range. Its no use firing them on my next turn, the SAM's won't be in range.

  • rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    that glitter girl wouldn't happen to have a boom gun would it, then it could take out those pesky suit

    Original Creepy Janitor

    http://www.dust514stats.com
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If I might offer some advice to anyone with long range weaponry (boom gun or mini missiles);

    Spoiler:

    @ Ender: How fast is our little convoy of hostility moving? Also, do Skycycles have an ejection seat?

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User
    edited January 2011
    When Deimos sees the Sky Cycle pilot drop onto the Kraken's deck, he abandons his laser battery and begins casually walking towards her.

    As he does so, he draws his sidearm, takes aim, and fires. An enormous and unnatural orb of plasma springs forth from the barrel and rockets toward her.

    3d6 +1 strike, +1 WP Energy Pistol, +2 aimed shot = 17

    1d4x10 MD damage = 40

    The aimed shot uses up his last two attacks. If she's prone I don't think she can dodge, but if she does, she's within 10 feet (-10 dodge).

    the GOP shouldn't give a rats ass about them since they won't vote for them. If someone won't vote for you they might as well not exist.
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    (Boom gun is a go, though I'm a little out of commission this turn)


    Lucy attempts to recover from the laser fire quickly, swearing profusely.

    "Fuck, fuck, fuck...!" She yells.

    ****

    A flash, an explosion. Lucy dived for cover with the rest of her unit.

    "Any day now with that cover fire boys!" She barked into her comms. Idiotic hotshot Wolves, couldn't be relied on other than being glory hounds.

    "Fire, fire, fire!" She commanded, her double up firing from it's independent position. Armored suits went flying, Dead Boys vaporized. She'd fight the CS to her last breath....



    ***

    The memories flashed through the Glitter Girl's mind as she noticed things buzzing on the horizon.

    "Oh damnit...." She groaned with the 'Why me?' tone in her voice.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    If I might offer some advice to anyone with long range weaponry (boom gun or mini missiles);

    Spoiler:

    @ Ender: How fast is our little convoy of hostility moving? Also, do Skycycles have an ejection seat?

    The convoy is truckin' along at about 100 miles per hour.


    The CS troops are all riding Wind Jammer model Sky Cycles; I don't see anything in the entry to suggest they have ejection seats, unfortunately.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    If I might offer some advice to anyone with long range weaponry (boom gun or mini missiles);

    Spoiler:

    @ Ender: How fast is our little convoy of hostility moving? Also, do Skycycles have an ejection seat?

    The convoy is truckin' along at about 100 miles per hour.


    The CS troops are all riding Wind Jammer model Sky Cycles; I don't see anything in the entry to suggest they have ejection seats, unfortunately.
    I didn't either. I guess I'll just have to get inventive.

    How would you handle me forcing the bike into ridiculous spins and swoops to try and dislodge this guy? Pilot checks?

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    P.P. checks for the first two rounds, then P.P. checks + M.E. checks (fighting nausea as well as trying to keep a grip on his bike) for every round after that (with escalating difficulty on the M.E. check).

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    P.P. checks for the first two rounds, then P.P. checks + M.E. checks (fighting nausea as well as trying to keep a grip on his bike) for every round after that (with escalating difficulty on the M.E. check).
    And that would take up my actions until he failed, right?

    Any check on my part?

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No checks on your part - and yes, that would use up your actions until he failed.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sounds good to me.

    Josh's voice comes over the radio again. "I've still got this guy, concentrate fire on the other bikes and those SAMAS."

    Then, concentrating on the skycycle he has telemechanical control of, Josh sends it through a series of spins and loops that would make even the most elite Coalition pilot self-conscious were they to see it.

    Just let go, dammit. This will go a lot better for you if you're on the ground than if you're on the bike.

    While this is going on, the power armor he's in keeps pace with the back side of the Kraken, hopefully remaining low key.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Just turn him upside down and if he doesn't fall out, decapitate him. On the truck.

    the GOP shouldn't give a rats ass about them since they won't vote for them. If someone won't vote for you they might as well not exist.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Octoparrot wrote: »
    Just turn him upside down and if he doesn't fall out, decapitate him. On the truck.
    I don't think he'll just fall out if I flip it over. And there's a bunch of machinery between him and the truck, plus an MD windshield (that I would kind of like in one piece). Besides, I'm not sure I can get this thing going fast enough to do mega damage to get through his armor.

    One possibility I've entertained is simply accelerating the hell out of it and then slamming into the ground. MD materials should handle the impact just fine, his shoulders and spine probably less so.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User
    edited January 2011
    I was looking at the picture earlier, just stop the bike before the tailfin gets clipped on something. There doesn't look to be a seatbelt, and even if there is, he couldn't keep his upper body tucked behind the windshield when upside down, so he either chooses to fall out, or gets cut in half.
    Spoiler:

    the GOP shouldn't give a rats ass about them since they won't vote for them. If someone won't vote for you they might as well not exist.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Octoparrot wrote: »
    I was looking at the picture earlier, just stop the bike before the tailfin gets clipped on something. There doesn't look to be a seatbelt, and even if there is, he couldn't keep his upper body tucked behind the windshield when upside down, so he either chooses to fall out, or gets cut in half.
    Spoiler:
    Actually, he's in one of these;

    Spoiler:

    I've got 7 more actions this round. If I don't shake him in the first couple, I'll just start taking aimed shots at him with my onboard weapons.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Snake-eyes on the first check anyway.

    Dude's eating pavement.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sweetness, thinking it might be time to break out the Boomer next turn...

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Matev, do you want me to continue using Dodge actions for you? You're the biggest, most obvious target for the CS forces to fire at, so you can expect more than a few particle weapon blasts to come your way.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sweet. Now to get out of this bulky suit and into something more aerodynamic. ;)

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    Matev, do you want me to continue using Dodge actions for you? You're the biggest, most obvious target for the CS forces to fire at, so you can expect more than a few particle weapon blasts to come your way.

    Egh, yah, probably should, my own fault for choosing the pretty, shiny, HIT ME PLEASE WITH A MISSILE BUKKAKE armor

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Matev, do you want me to continue using Dodge actions for you? You're the biggest, most obvious target for the CS forces to fire at, so you can expect more than a few particle weapon blasts to come your way.

    Egh, yah, probably should, my own fault for choosing the pretty, shiny, HIT ME PLEASE WITH A MISSILE BUKKAKE armor

    Protip: You should try to get your hands on a big mega-damage melee weapon of some kind (vibro sword, rune weapon, etc); you could then wield it in your off-hand and parry weapon shots with it, and not have to use-up your melee attacks.


    EDIT: Or, alternatively, you could - say - try to grab the prone CS goon and use her as a human shield to deflect some shots. If you were feeling so maligned.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll have to check my books when I get home from work and double-check the GG loadout, though I don't think it comes with a V. Blade....right, that's why I was eyeballing the Cyclops....

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    I'll have to check my books when I get home from work and double-check the GG loadout, though I don't think it comes with a V. Blade....right, that's why I was eyeballing the Cyclops....

    The Glitter Girl comes standard with the Double Up explosive grenade/plasma rifle, shoulder mini missile launchers, an optional mini missile backpack and optional boom gun.

    Please tell me you went with the optional boom gun.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »

    The Glitter Girl comes standard with the Double Up explosive grenade/plasma rifle, shoulder mini missile launchers, an optional mini missile backpack and optional boom gun.

    Please tell me you went with the optional boom gun.

    I didn't note it down specifically, but if I can have it without issue, I've got it.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    I'll have to check my books when I get home from work and double-check the GG loadout, though I don't think it comes with a V. Blade....right, that's why I was eyeballing the Cyclops....

    The Glitter Girl comes standard with the Double Up explosive grenade/plasma rifle, shoulder mini missile launchers, an optional mini missile backpack and optional boom gun.

    Please tell me you went with the optional boom gun.

    Yeah; with the 'optional' gear I more or less just assume the player is taking it. I mean, I don't even know why the book lists it as 'optional' - it's not like there's any reason not to take it.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    Yeah; with the 'optional' gear I more or less just assume the player is taking it. I mean, I don't even know why the book lists it as 'optional' - it's not like there's any reason not to take it.

    Rockin, thanks Ender. Love understanding GMs :)

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's Rifts! At least halfway through the campaign you'll be like, "lulz boom gun wut?" after having bio-borg'd your character into a ridonks one-girl field army and developed a psychic symbiotic bond with an Armored Slayer that then co-habits your Glitter Girl Armor and turns it into a God shredding machine.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    It's Rifts! At least halfway through the campaign you'll be like, "lulz boom gun wut?" after having bio-borg'd your character into a ridonks one-girl field army and developed a psychic symbiotic bond with an Armored Slayer that then co-habits your Glitter Girl Armor and turns it into a God shredding machine.

    Is it wrong that I'm giggling with child-like delight at these thoughts?

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    It's Rifts! At least halfway through the campaign you'll be like, "lulz boom gun wut?" after having bio-borg'd your character into a ridonks one-girl field army and developed a psychic symbiotic bond with an Armored Slayer that then co-habits your Glitter Girl Armor and turns it into a God shredding machine.

    Is it wrong that I'm giggling with child-like delight at these thoughts?

    That's the idea.

    Rifts is the be-all, end-all RPG of character growth through buying gear instead of leveling up. Yeah, you'll gain levels too, but experience points pale in comparison to credits. In D&D, you kill stuff, you level up and you find some nice trinkets. In Rifts, you kill stuff, you collect all of the valuables you possibly can and you go shopping (more specifically, you go shopping at Splynn). And you occasionally glance at the XP chart and say, "Oh, right. I gained a level too."

    EDIT: Oh, and if you really want to rake in the dough, you collect slaves. Lots and lots of slaves.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    That's the idea.

    Rifts is the be-all, end-all RPG of character growth through buying gear instead of leveling up. Yeah, you'll gain levels too, but experience points pale in comparison to credits. In D&D, you kill stuff, you level up and you find some nice trinkets. In Rifts, you kill stuff, you collect all of the valuables you possibly can and you go shopping (more specifically, you go shopping at Splynn). And you occasionally glance at the XP chart and say, "Oh, right. I gained a level too."

    EDIT: Oh, and if you really want to rake in the dough, you collect slaves. Lots and lots of slaves.

    Remember kids, we here at Rifts encourage the subjugation and oppression of others! :^:

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm looking forward to surveying my options post-detox.

    I'm thinking bioborg cyberknight.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User
    edited January 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    EDIT: Or, alternatively, you could - say - try to grab the prone CS goon and use her as a human shield to deflect some shots. If you were feeling so maligned.

    If I had just used a called shot, coulda popped her head like a pimple. If she's still alive after a 40MD shot she may want to jump off :)

    the GOP shouldn't give a rats ass about them since they won't vote for them. If someone won't vote for you they might as well not exist.
  • rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    no matter how much damage you did in one shot she would have lived, MD armor eats all of it even if it only has 1 point left :) I do recommend keeping her alive, she might prove valuable later. now for my actions for the next melee

    Big Jim smiled even more when the cs bike went boom. He decided it was time to really put the fear into the pursuit group. He reloaded then began firing at them in sequence. Shooting one shot at each of them, then moving to the next one.

    Original Creepy Janitor

    http://www.dust514stats.com
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rucdoc, remember, you only make one attack roll. Could you please re-roll?

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    one attack roll for 5 attacks against 4 targets?

    Original Creepy Janitor

    http://www.dust514stats.com
  • OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Big spoiler on the round. Forgive me if I'm just saying what you already know, rucdoc.

    Spoiler:

    the GOP shouldn't give a rats ass about them since they won't vote for them. If someone won't vote for you they might as well not exist.
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of, I think its Mason's go for his attack...

    Drawing a bead on yet another Skycycle (minion), Mason lets loose with his particle beam cannon. The port side engine explodes, sending the Skycycle spiralling into the ground.

    16 = HIT! for 10 damage
    Mason will reserve one of his attacks for a Dodge if necessary

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Remember, folks; this is the second attack of the first melee round.

    It's a little confusing.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ok then thats what I misunderstood. then just use the rolls from my first action post but now with the indicated actions from my second post, is that ok then.

    Original Creepy Janitor

    http://www.dust514stats.com
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes, that should be fine.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
Sign In or Register to comment.