As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• SashaSasha Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you !Charmander Group A

Also, I have a +1.

Sasha on
  • RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pikachu Group B, I chose you! (+3)

RDubb on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    I was interested in joining in but I do not drink. What might there be for a non-drinker to do?

You could be Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy. Each team needs one of each and they should be sober. You could also be an assistant to the professor and be sober as well.

I am typically an open minded do what ever type of guy, but cross dressings a little too far. No but really this is going to be my second PAX went to Prime in '10 and now this. What would I do if I was to be an assistant?

If it comes down to it, it sounds like the Snorlax team might be the way to go to just kick it and meet people.

Yea if you're more wanting to kick back then Team Snorlax sounds good. Assistants from what I could tell last year will just help herd people and mark their cards after they do challenges and hang out. Pretty much the same thing the Prof will do.

Rdr on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was interested in joining in but I do not drink. What might there be for a non-drinker to do?

You could be Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy. Each team needs one of each and they should be sober. You could also be an assistant to the professor and be sober as well.

I am typically an open minded do what ever type of guy, but cross dressings a little too far. No but really this is going to be my second PAX went to Prime in '10 and now this. What would I do if I was to be an assistant?

If it comes down to it, it sounds like the Snorlax team might be the way to go to just kick it and meet people.

I don't think anyone would actually enforce the cross-dressing if you became an Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy.

I, however, will totally promote the hell out of that.

Twinkie on
  • AereusAereus CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Twinkie wrote: »
    I don't think anyone would actually enforce the cross-dressing if you became an Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy.

Hoping this turns into Pokecrawl: Cross Dressing Edition.

Aereus on
    Twitter is serious business.
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

My name is MelesMeles, and I support this message.

MelesMeles on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As I always say, any guy can sport a shirt and tie, but it takes a real man to wear a dress.

I mean, who doesn't wanna bang Tim Curry?

Twinkie on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, !Squirtle group B +1

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Boo Car KeyBoo Car Key Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you! !Squirtle group B

Boo Car Key on
  • dangergrrldangergrrl Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Decius wrote: »
    All I want to know is what team will represent the Canucks

We have a crew from Ottawa on Yellow Team A....

dangergrrl on
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dangergrrl wrote: »

Alpha Pika needs a new theme song (or at least an additional one). Ice Ice Pika is waaay too hard to sing along to.

MelesMeles on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A WILD QUESTION APPROACHES!

If I take the PAX East Train, will we arrive in time to start the Pokecrawl with everyone? I would be on the Sonic Line (Amtrak 176 Northeast Regional line).

feitocomfruta on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

If I take the PAX East Train, will we arrive in time to start the Pokecrawl with everyone? I would be on the Sonic Line (Amtrak 176 Northeast Regional line).

Looks like that's not scheduled to hit South Station until 7:55 PM (from what I see on Amtrak's site, anyway). The Pokecrawl is scheduled to start at 7:30PM in Faneuil Hall. So, I'm betting you'll miss the first bar or two, but would be strongly encouraged to come join in the festivities once you arrive. Might want to take a few minutes to check into your hotel and drop your luggage first, since performing these relatively simple activities can become exceedingly complex after a few hours of Pokecrawling . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yea if you're more wanting to kick back then Team Snorlax sounds good. Assistants from what I could tell last year will just help herd people and mark their cards after they do challenges and hang out. Pretty much the same thing the Prof will do.

While the Professors and Assistants aren't required to drink it is definitely more fun and thematically appropriate to do so. Nurse Joys & Officer Jennys won't be required to perform the same duties as Professors and Assistants. They're there for guidance and as a safety measure in case one of your Profs/Assts are puking in a sink before the bar crawl even kicks off. And if people are really concerned about cross-dressing I guess you could be a Nurse Joey or Officer Jimmy. ;)

Rosters have been updated. As an FYI the only people I PMed about volunteering for this year's Pokecrawl were those who volunteered last year or helped out in some way. If you have volunteered in the past for the TWDT or I managed to overlook you, please PM me if you are interested in helping out.

Atlus Parker on
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

On the plus side, arriving late doesn't mean the fun is gone. I managed to hook up with the crowd in '08 at the halfway point and played 'catch up' with a crew from Oregon who I still talk to to this day. There aren't many friendlier groups.

gfish on
    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I (+2) choose !Pikachu Group A

Looking forward to this dangerous endeavor.

zerzhul on
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you! iSquirtle

freckle on
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PS I volunteer to help with any art related items, because I have, er, specialized knowledge on the subject.

freckle on
  • o55goteno55goten Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you Squirtle! +1 This will be three bar crawls in a row lets do it.

o55goten on
    When life gives you lemons
    Chuck'em at dam Cars
  • DragonKittyDragonKitty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you (+1) Pikachu!

:3 So excited for this, homeslices and skillets.

DragonKitty on
  • boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pikachu! I choose you! (group A)

GET BACK IN THE BALL!

Man, I'm lookin' forward to this again this year!! Last year was a blast!

boozysmurf on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Will there be more than just you participating in the pokecrawl? If so, make sure you put a +1 or however many will be with you in addition to yourself so Atlus has a proper headcount. Thanks!

Rdr on
  • SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i'm so attending.

sadly i can't drink anymore for health reasons so i would like to volunteer for nurse joy!
    team !Squirtle of course! (team B i believe is nurse joy)

i'm going to try to go in costume, but its going to be heavily modified. it is boston in march after all.

sooo how does becoming nurse joy work? or are those positions still on hold for other people?
    cause if all else fails i can just join team snorlax if i need to.

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • SweetwaterkillXSweetwaterkillX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose SQUIRTLE! (+1)

<3 And here is Squirtle 2010 making good use of the Karaoke bar.
    I hope this years pokecrawl perplexes the locals as much as last year's.

xo
    S

SweetwaterkillX on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Charmander Group B

Also... could you throw a + 9 (troubletown, stickman, oddball, halp, yellow, nack, bill, edquin, ryst) on that? ^_^

PeasantDave on
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Will there be more than just you participating in the pokecrawl? If so, make sure you put a +1 or however many will be with you in addition to yourself so Atlus has a proper headcount. Thanks!

We've been putting ourselves in one at a time, but we'll re-check with the entire group and see if we can add any plusses for the non-forumed. Thanks for the heads up.

gfish on
    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ottawaans? Oh sweet, I just moved from there to Oakville. How you guys getting down? Maybe I can schedule the same plane or train or something, if you're looking for nerds to 'pool down with.

Imperfect on
  • geniagenia Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose !Squirtle up in this club, Group A I suppose!

genia on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    !Squirtle A as well.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As I always say, any guy can sport a shirt and tie, but it takes a real man to wear a dress.

I mean, who doesn't wanna bang Tim Curry?

Preach it sista.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you, !Charmander A.

+4 or 5 or 6 or something

Only +2 for the score cards though.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok team Snorlax needs a colour.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • DarthbeerDarthbeer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you !Pikachu Group A (+4)

Looking forward to being hungover standing in line the next morning, I think, yea...

Darthbeer on
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Possible team Squirtle theme song?

EDIT: Strong alternate, considering it includes Messrs. Paul and Storm:

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Possible team Squirtle theme song?

I think PAX is a few days before St. Patty's.

Oh dear lord, PAX+St. Patty's... now... that would be... uh.... something.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Ottawaans? Oh sweet, I just moved from there to Oakville. How you guys getting down? Maybe I can schedule the same plane or train or something, if you're looking for nerds to 'pool down with.

We'll be caravaning in a series of cars. Airfare's too expensive, and taking the train would mean we'd have to leave... around now. :)

testsubject23 on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So who are my Team Snorlax homies who will join me in plopping our butts down somewhere and letting the rest of the drunks come to us?

Camping: It's a legitimate strategy

You know I'm in. Original campers represent.
    Ok team Snorlax needs a colour.

Do we really need a color?

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    this is my first year at PAX, since I don't drink I would like to volunteer to be a DD for ant team. Just let me know.

blAAAm!!! on
  • StarlightslkStarlightslk Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose !Squirtle (+2)...I guess Group A

...last year my little group and I ended-up getting separated from Team !Bulbasaur and ended-up chilling with people from Team !Squirtle so might as well just join them this time around! :P

Starlightslk on
    PAX East PokéCrawl: 2010 Team!Bulbasaur! ~ 2011 Team!Squirtle! ~ 2012 Team!Totodile! ~ 2013 Team!Feraligatr!
    PAX East PokéCrawl Cosplay '10-'13: Cynthia(Pokémon)

PAX East '10 Cosplays: Fri: Cynthia(Pokémon) Sat: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)
    PAX East '11 Cosplays: Fri: Tifa Lockhart(Final Fantasy VII: AC)
    PAX East '12 Cosplays: Fri: Morrigan(Darkstalkers) Sat & Sun: Nord (Skyrim)
    PAX East '13 Cosplays: Fri: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)alt, Fri&Sun: Cammy(Street Fighter), Sat: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)
    PAX East '14 Cosplays: Fri: L.Raptor(Darkstalkers)mb, Sat: Liliana of the Veil(MtG), Sun: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)alt

• CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I choose you !Pikachu (Group A ideally).

Creamsteak on