Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Golden Globes

11314151618

Posts

  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Haha "eventually"

    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    ·
  • StraightziStraightzi You didn't see that coming? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    did anyone decide if Steve Carrell stiff-arming Ricky Gervais was in good fun

    I have heard apparently not

    Apparently he is not speaking to him

    cite plz

    I don't have a source

    That's why I said I have heard, rather than citing it in the first place

    As well as overusing the word apparently

    ·
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom We never go out of style Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    another great part is

    the one thing in common with all the reviews (mostly negative btw)

    they had a problem with it being 85 minutes

    a film about a living tire that kills people

    and people aren't pissed at how stupid awesome it is, they're pissed at how long it is

    ·
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    YaYa wrote: »

    who was fucking high when they ok'd this

    STEAM
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    did anyone decide if Steve Carrell stiff-arming Ricky Gervais was in good fun

    I have heard apparently not

    Apparently he is not speaking to him

    cite plz

    I don't have a source

    That's why I said I have heard, rather than citing it in the first place

    As well as overusing the word apparently

    but then who did you hear it from

    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
    ·
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i find it weird that people think the mean jokes to gervais were serious. he obviously went after people he thought could take it, and they dished back because of that. plus most quotes from people not in the hfpa have been pretty positive (all kinds here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1348006/Golden-Globes-2011-Has-Ricky-Gervais-written-Hollywood-ending.html )

    ·
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »

    who was fucking high when they ok'd this

    I don't know but I want to smoke with them

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ·
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i find it weird that people think the mean jokes to gervais were serious. he obviously went after people he thought could take it, and they dished back because of that. plus most quotes from people not in the hfpa have been pretty positive (all kinds here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1348006/Golden-Globes-2011-Has-Ricky-Gervais-written-Hollywood-ending.html )

    Nobody who makes Tom Cruise jokes could ever survive in Hollywood, man

    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
    ·
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    also gervais has made it clear when not doing a bit that he 100% is happy for and even agrees with steve carell's decision to move on so it would be pretty ludicrous for carell to not be able to take a swipe about it

    ·
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    did anyone decide if Steve Carrell stiff-arming Ricky Gervais was in good fun

    I have heard apparently not

    Apparently he is not speaking to him

    cite plz

    I don't have a source

    That's why I said I have heard, rather than citing it in the first place

    As well as overusing the word apparently

    but then who did you hear it from

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq4qlOCIdQc&feature=related

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    ·
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The reactions to this are going to be interesting reads. Like I can't say I'd fault RDJ or Sheen for being a little upset, but at the same time this year's Golden Globes were the best they've been in years. Maybe the best awards shows have been in years.

    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    ·
  • StraightziStraightzi You didn't see that coming? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    did anyone decide if Steve Carrell stiff-arming Ricky Gervais was in good fun

    I have heard apparently not

    Apparently he is not speaking to him

    cite plz

    I don't have a source

    That's why I said I have heard, rather than citing it in the first place

    As well as overusing the word apparently

    but then who did you hear it from

    My friend Donny

    ·
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i honestly would be surprised if anyone he insulted who was there in person was genuinely upset (maybe angelina jolie), especially RDJ who jokes about having been in prison with some regularity

    ·
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i honestly would be surprised if anyone he insulted who was there in person was genuinely upset (maybe angelina jolie), especially RDJ who jokes about having been in prison with some regularity

    I certainly hope he wasn't, but of course you never know, this article makes it seem like he was, but the whole thing reads like it's slightly biased in favour of inciting extra controversy (go figure).
    And speaking backstage after the show, [Robert Downey Junior] added: 'I think it's great to be funny, but it's just better if you can do it without hurting people.'

    Again, that's just from the one article I've read so far, which based on the title alone shows a pretty clear slant against Gervais, so I wouldn't be surprised either way, I guess.

    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    ·
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    i find it weird that people think the mean jokes to gervais were serious. he obviously went after people he thought could take it, and they dished back because of that. plus most quotes from people not in the hfpa have been pretty positive (all kinds here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1348006/Golden-Globes-2011-Has-Ricky-Gervais-written-Hollywood-ending.html )

    Nobody who makes Tom Cruise jokes could ever survive in Hollywood, man

    Especially jokes about him being gay, dude goes apeshit when people call him gay, probably because of his lifelong commitment and considerable financial investment to hiding his gayness.

    ·
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i attempted to carefully exclude people not poking back at him/people not present, because yeah somehow i don't think charlie sheen or tom cruise or john travolta were happy with how it all went

    ·
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here's one from the Canadian Press. Pretty supportive tone, unsurprisingly, given that Canadians will apologize if you step on their foot.

    Gervais' own blog is something I would like to trust.
    "Ricky wrote:
    I enjoyed the Globes more this year. I think I had better gags. More along the lines of the Mel Gibson one last year.

    Obviously the rumour that the organizers stopped me going out on stage for an hour is rubbish. I did every link I was scheduled to do. The reason why the gaps were uneven is because when I got the rundown I was allowed to choose who I presented to. I obviously chose the spots that I had the best gags for. They couldn't move around the order but I could move around however I wanted.

    All the same conspiracy theories as last year too... "So and so was offended"... "hasn't been invited back yet"... exactly the same as last time. "Paul McCartney was furious"... no he wasn't. And nor was Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. I was drinking with them after.

    Why do people have to embellish? They're allowed to say they hated it. They're allowed to say they didn't find it funny, that it was tasteless, over the top, or whatever. But why do they speculate and make stuff up?

    Don't worry, I know the answer. Because it's more interesting than "it went fine and some people won some awards and then went to a party". But that's all that happened.

    Actually, I see what they mean. Boring. So here's what really happened. Bruce Willis and Sly Stallone started a fight with me but Alec Baldwin and Mark Walberg stepped in and helped me out. That's what happened.

    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    ·
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom We never go out of style Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    charlie sheen's never happy though

    ·
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i enjoyed the subsequent post on his blog that included
    Can't wait for the people who thought it was over the top to see my stand-up shows. Fuck me, they will shit themselves.

    ·
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    At the expense of ruining the fun regarding Rubber, coming up with a good trailer and a tag-line doesn't make a good film.

    It just makes you Roger Corman.

    ·
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Corman once joked he could make a film about the fall of the Roman Empire with two extras and a sagebrush.

    ·
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I found it interesting in the Canadian Press article how the ratings for the Golden Globes were the top rated NBC prime time entertainment telecast among young adults since last year's golden globes.

    That's a lot of caveats, it seems. How many such programs are there in a year? Still, 17 Million viewers doesn't seem so bad.

    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    ·
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    At the expense of ruining the fun regarding Rubber, coming up with a good trailer and a tag-line doesn't make a good film.

    It just makes you Roger Corman.

    Yeah but Roger Corman knew how to make some serious money

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    ·
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i imagine the rest of the top 10 are all sunday night football

    ·
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mr. Peanut doesn't get upset about a couple witty jabs.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBE3mby0p6M&feature=player_embedded

    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    ·
  • AntimatterAntimatter Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    And just in case we missed it,

    The Evolution of Nic Cage's Hair

    beautiful

    ·
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom We never go out of style Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's not how Mr. Peanut sounds! He's a classy British legume! Or, failing that, Sidney Poitier.

    ·
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    THEY CALL ME MR. PEANUT!

    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    ·
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

    Is that not the perfect casting??

    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just watched the Steve Carell bit and that was hells of scripted

    Gervais didn't go over to greet any of the other presenters, he did it with Carell because they clearly had to stage this little bit

    Carell's doing that deadpan face he's so good at and Gervais does the really exaggerated shrug and throwing his hands up

    It was clearly their little joke, and I thought it was pretty funny too

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • ZonugalZonugal I still believe in heroes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here's one from the Canadian Press. Pretty supportive tone, unsurprisingly, given that Canadians will apologize if you step on their foot.

    Gervais' own blog is something I would like to trust.
    "Ricky wrote:
    I enjoyed the Globes more this year. I think I had better gags. More along the lines of the Mel Gibson one last year.

    Obviously the rumour that the organizers stopped me going out on stage for an hour is rubbish. I did every link I was scheduled to do. The reason why the gaps were uneven is because when I got the rundown I was allowed to choose who I presented to. I obviously chose the spots that I had the best gags for. They couldn't move around the order but I could move around however I wanted.

    All the same conspiracy theories as last year too... "So and so was offended"... "hasn't been invited back yet"... exactly the same as last time. "Paul McCartney was furious"... no he wasn't. And nor was Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. I was drinking with them after.

    Why do people have to embellish? They're allowed to say they hated it. They're allowed to say they didn't find it funny, that it was tasteless, over the top, or whatever. But why do they speculate and make stuff up?

    Don't worry, I know the answer. Because it's more interesting than "it went fine and some people won some awards and then went to a party". But that's all that happened.

    Actually, I see what they mean. Boring. So here's what really happened. Bruce Willis and Sly Stallone started a fight with me but Alec Baldwin and Mark Walberg stepped in and helped me out. That's what happened.

    Man, I really want to drink with Tim Allen and Tom Hanks...

    Nick_Fury_Sig.jpg
    ·
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sometimes I wish I was a simpler man, Sweeney. . .

    ·
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User
    edited January 2011
    The King's Speech was totally amazing.

    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    ·
  • Mr. GMr. G hhhhehhehhehehehhhhhh Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ricky Gervais killed the birds, octopi, fish, and cows

    They were so offended they all died out of shock

    kIXYHrv.png
    Twitter / Steam / 3DS: 2981-5358-6078
    ·
  • StraightziStraightzi You didn't see that coming? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I just watched the Steve Carell bit and that was hells of scripted

    Gervais didn't go over to greet any of the other presenters, he did it with Carell because they clearly had to stage this little bit

    Carell's doing that deadpan face he's so good at and Gervais does the really exaggerated shrug and throwing his hands up

    It was clearly their little joke, and I thought it was pretty funny too

    See this is how I interpreted it too

    ·
  • steve carrell doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to get super pissy about one remark at an awards show anyways

    ·
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    The King's Speech was totally amazing.

    totally agreed

    give it all the awards

    Tumbling
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

    ·
Sign In or Register to comment.