Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

End of Episode 3

Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished BovineThe PIT, level 26Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Penny Arcade Games
So, it's over now, has been for a couple days. I don't know where else one would discuss episode 3 - this place seems as good as any.

spoilers abound if you haven't read. I'm just going to try and make sense of the ending. We'll see if I have this right:
Spoiler:

Have I got this right?

Golden Yak on
sots_thepit_gold.jpg

• FlamesFlames Registered User
    edited January 2011
    I...think? I'm not sure. Here's my various musing/questions:
    Spoiler:

To be honest, I couldn't really follow the last bit at all. I'm hoping things get cleared up with the extra material Jerry promised, because I really did enjoy the story up until chapter 21.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here's what I got:
    Spoiler:

EDIT!
    Spoiler:

Maybe.

TRIPLE EDIT
    Spoiler:

Maybe?

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • TeburninatorTeburninator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone here think it's possible for them to make this into a comic book? Or rather not possible but probable?

• FlamesFlames Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

WAIT A SECOND!

Okay, so since this is old news, I don't think spoilers are necessary, but does anyone remember the hidden message in chapter 4? Where the crap does THAT fit in?

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think our best bet is to just wait for Word of God on this. Here's to hoping the supplemental information will shed some light over what happened at the end.
    Spoiler:

Maybe.

I wish there were more chapters.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
  • BlayzeBlayze Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Good God, that was some needlessly overcomplicated writing. I mean, there's certainly a good chance I'm just thick, but all those chapters felt like I was trying to swim through treacle when there was a perfectly good pavement next to me that would let me walk towards my destination.

• chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Blayze wrote: »
    Good God, that was some needlessly overcomplicated writing. I mean, there's certainly a good chance I'm just thick, but all those chapters felt like I was trying to swim through treacle when there was a perfectly good pavement next to me that would let me walk towards my destination.

Sortof agree, I really enjoyed the writing but in the last few chapters there was a bit too much going on and I couldn't follow it properly. :S

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • freakazoidfreakazoid Registered User
    edited January 2011
    I too was pretty confused the entire time. Was it just me or did it seem like everything was disconnected from everything else and it jumped around everywhere? :(

Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    edited January 2011
    Reading the whole thing back to back helped tremendously and didn't take that long. When I was reading as chapters were posted, it was difficult to keep track of things, though.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ettubraze?

For all this talk of blood and bloodlines and thrice cursed bloodlines, is there the possibility that
    Spoiler:

Whoa, head trip.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ettubraze?

'Et tu, Brahe?'

I think that's significant. I'm gonna take an hour or so to just re-read the whole thing.

sots_thepit_gold.jpg
  • sdiedr02sdiedr02 Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I would complain about the long wait for the release of this game. But, honestly, I'd rather wait and really enjoy another great PA game than have a rushed launch. Keep trucking it guys. This girl will be ready to beat that game in one sitting and ending it with a big smile. <3

I <3 jelly beans.
  • chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    sdiedr02 wrote: »
    I would complain about the long wait for the release of this game. But, honestly, I'd rather wait and really enjoy another great PA game than have a rushed launch. Keep trucking it guys. This girl will be ready to beat that game in one sitting and ending it with a big smile. <3

Sorry to have to tell you this but Episode 3 isn't coming out, it was scrapped due to poor sales.
    Tycho continued the story arc in text form here

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • BowlSoldierBowlSoldier Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm.... I seem to have gotten a rather different perspective on this from the other people in the thread. This is all my own opinion of course, but
    Spoiler:

• legonovskylegonovsky Registered User
    edited May 2011
    Irritatingly cryptic - I wish Jerry would just explain it.

Ok, best guesses:

When Blood first stole the Necrowombicon, it said a name he didn't want to hear: Hestia. That's also the name of the Greek goddess of family and domesticity. I suspect that Blood had a wife named Hestia who passed away, and the Necrowombicon promised to reunite the two of them. Basically, he's a pawn.

What happened with Yog Modaigh is incredibly confusing. What is clear to me is that Tycho, Gabriel and Blood were all drawn into hell. Whether that happened because Modaigh is alive and going about his business (drawing people into hell) or because he died somehow, and the void created by his death drew them all into hell, is up for debate. I think he actually died though, because of the phrasing that he had "a moment or two to really appreciate" his freedom before the canvas opened into a maw. The way it's written makes it sound to me as though the vortex happened outside of his control. I'm thinking that by using Tycho's damned blood, destined for hell anyway, that Yog Modaigh became the vortex to hell, and was thus destroyed.

As for the fourth god... is the Necrowombicon a god? Have I missed something? I thought the 'wombicon was just another sentient book, like the Omnibus.

I need Coles Notes!

• ShexyBShexyB Registered User
    Soon in valve time it like 3-4 months