As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2/WoW] Beasts of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in MMO Extravaganza
<Beasts of Unusual Size>

With launch right around the corner I plan to help those who are interested in the game and want a place to call home or just find more warm bodies for dynamic events, dungeons or plain PvP. I know some beasts still play WoW and if you would like me to update the OP with anything regarding servers you play on or other contact information let me know.

Guild Wars 2 [Forum handle/GW2 handle]:
Maguuma Server
Tyberius - Tyberius.3250
grrarg - grrarg.3701
Ohtsam - Ohtsam.9385
Dibby - Dibby.4279
Lederan - Lederan.6820
Asharaxx - Asharaxx.5679
KingMole - Karfeddion.7043
WaveChaser - WaveChaser.4105

Fort Aspenwood Server
Oats - Phosgene.1380
Saeris - Saeris.6052
Caedere - Caedere.9427
Makershot - Makershot.3452
Dr. Keenbean - drkeenbean.5064
TehSpectre - TehSpectre.5426
mynameisguido - rosencrantz.4361
Coconut Monkey - Coconut Monkey.2739

World of Warcraft [Forum handle]:
Guild Members
Saeris
Rorus Raz
SabinXL
Tyberius
Darrow
Makershot
Mishtochs
Soundwave
-SPI-
Coconut Monkey
Oats
Asharaxx
Lederan
Ohtsam
Septus
Mynameisguido
EWom
Bramble
MoSiAc
DisruptorX2
KingMole
Angelshade113
Joeslop
Variable
Skitoria
lifeincognito
Riale
Lewisham
Wavechaser
Gilgimesh
Allyxia
Aeyther
grrarg
Esh
Troublebrewing
James
Fongo
lionheart_m

Tyberius on

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    You put that damn video in the OP? Are you trying to scare potential members?

Anyways, double dragons down. I guess Maloriak attempts tomorrow if all goes well with Magmaw and Omni?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    You put that damn video in the OP? Are you trying to scare potential members?

Anyways, double dragons down. I guess Maloriak attempts tomorrow if all goes well with Magmaw and Omni?

You just don't get it.

Also yeah the plan is Maloriak after Magmaw and Omni.

Tyberius on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    (You can add me to the list, since I've been playing with you guys for a few months now.)

James on
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I can't make anything this Friday/Saturday folks - heading down south for the weekend.

Kill some mans for me.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A fucking electric boogaloo joke? I know it's in the game, but still... enough is enough.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited January 2011
    And grats on Halfus, dudes. Not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything, but having that 5-second interrupt made dealing with the nova so easy last week that I'm glad you were able to down him without me. Very nicely done.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    But, but, I'm part of the guild too!

Grats on the kill too!

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Really want to get some dungeoning on this weekend. But I'm not witchy enough and still have so much witching to do. I will not stop until I am the witchest.

Also I've decided to finally finish Halo: Reach.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's quite a backlog there.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grats on the Dragons, going to try to make it tonight but we'll see how that goes.

Ohtsam on
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Add me to the list! (please)

Man, with school starting and having a new puppy, I have not had much time to log on in the past week. I am hoping to log on this weekend and level my priest a bit. I had never played a priest past level five until recently and I am really enjoying it.

Noxy on
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    3 85s down, lots to go for me.

Soundwave on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Makershot wrote: »
    And grats on Halfus, dudes. Not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything, but having that 5-second interrupt made dealing with the nova so easy last week that I'm glad you were able to down him without me. Very nicely done.

We had one interrupt (rogue) on Halfus the entire time, but the cd on kick wasn't short enough to handle each nova, so we had to finesse it a bit with Steve and Ark using Shield/Hammer to cover the ones he couldn't kick. OVERALL, not an ideal setup, but it worked.

(WTB 4.0.6 for rebuke plz)

Also Vali/Thera pleasantly surprised me. We downed them in like 3 or 4 attempts? I was a bit shocked when they died because I wasn't expecting it to be that fast.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of raids, I have just now finished with work and will 98.778% likely not be home in time for BWD tonight. Unless you don't start until 9:00 server or so.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited January 2011
    Fuck, I just got back to my neighborhood ... busses were a mess. I'm really sorry to douche out on my sign-up, and I hope the raid is still goin without me. It was out of my control, though.

I know I'm being all serious about (probably) nothing, but I'm a man of my word and if the sign-ups aren't treated with respect then they're pretty much worthless.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had to pull out of the signup because some dinner plans got dumped on me at about 3 this afternoon.

sorry about that

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hope I'll be free on Sunday, I haven't had a chance to raid in awhile.

Aeyther on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Are the Beasts still inviting former Beasts back into the guild/do I just have to find Munkus/Saeris?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is there a smith with a spare chaos orb that I could mail materials for a caster shield to?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Maloriak dooooown! He dropped a bitchin' healer trinket and a Maelstrom Crystal. Fortunately, that was the only shard of the night, everyone else got loot. Atramedes next week? Maybe Chimaeron?! :<>
    Aegis wrote: »
    Are the Beasts still inviting former Beasts back into the guild/do I just have to find Munkus/Saeris?

Just do a /who Beasts on Ravenholdt, someone will point you to an occifer.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited January 2011
    I know I'm being all serious about (probably) nothing, but I'm a man of my word and if the sign-ups aren't treated with respect then they're pretty much worthless.

Sorry Gev but we have a new Enhancement shaman to replace you, KrasnoIforgottherestofhisname. But in all serious it wasn't an issue since we had enough Beasts to get started on time. This weekend however I have Ulduar 25 scheduled for some achievements for geese and mounts as well if I can manage enough Beasts.

@Aegis, yeah invites are open to ex-Beasts, just got to have Saeris or Munkus to invite you whenever they're online.

Tyberius on
    edited January 2011
    Also SabinXL, jeeeez

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited January 2011
    Also SabinXL, jeeeez

Now that you reminded me of the I can add it to the list!

Tyberius on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    but I'm a man of my word and if the sign-ups aren't treated with respect then they're pretty much worthless.

I am right there with you on this.

Also, hope you're enjoying 3rd on the table, sucka!

Oats on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For anyone who missed the meeting just now, here is what was said:
    Topic 1: Naming policy. We just want to remind everyone that, as the Guild Info says, we still follow the RP-PvP server naming rules. If your name blatantly violates that, we'll give you time to report it and have it changed.
    The key word here is "blatantly"; the name would have to clearly break that policy, not just bend it, in order for it to be a problem to us.

Topic 2: Calendar usage. Again, as the Guild Info says, we have one strict rule for the calendar: if you click "Sign Up", you are guaranteeing that you will attend. Use "Tentative" instead if you're not sure you can be there.
    If you are listed as "Signed Up" (not "Tentative") and you miss the event for no good reason, you'll earn a strike. Three strikes means you are unable to sign up for guild events for two weeks.
    The point here is that it's pretty rude to say you'll be there and then not show up. You'd be wasting the time of the people who did show up and thought you'd be there. So, please, mentally equivocate "Sign Up" with "I'll Be There".

Topic 3: Guild philosophy. This one's simple. Our philosophy is to maintain the atmosphere we have here in the guild, above all else. Everything we do is pursuant to that goal. Other issues will always be secondary.
    What atmosphere am I talking about? One which values the goal of excellence, not just for oneself, but for fellow guild members as well. To us, that is the fun part: to always be trying to become better, to improve.
    That doesn't just mean raiding, of course. It doesn't just mean any single area of the game. Whatever you find fun, that's what we want you to strive toward, and what we, as a community, want to help each other attain.

Topic 4: Officership. We recently chose to reform the officership, and we have decided upon three crucial criteria for officers. Behold:
    First, that they actually want to lead, and possess the experience to do so.
    Second, that they understand what the guild is really about, as mentioned above.
    Third, that they be active in the guild, creating or at least leading events (whether that be PvP, PvE, or the sort of ridiculous stuff that I personally come up with from time to time).
    If you're interested in becoming an officer, let a leader know. However, the final decision will be ours.

Topic 5: Guild invitations. Only leaders and officers are able to invite to the guild, as has always been the case. This is to ensure that anyone who joins understands what the guild is about, and understands the naming policy and so on.

Main topic: Raiding. The current plan is to have as many Beasts as possible see the content. It looks like, right now, most raids fill up with 10 people almost exactly. However, there are times when there are more than 10 but not enough for a second raid. In the coming weeks, we'll try to determine how many people are still gearing up in heroics, and whether or not we can form a second raid with these additional folks.

In summary, questions and comments and suggestions on any of those topics are appreciated, and we'd be glad to hear them. Feel free to bring up any of those issues with the leaders.

edit: Some additional points, per questions I've received about the above:
    - The time of the meeting kind of sucked. We didn't have many people on at all. I apologize for that. However, it's worth noting that this was more of an informative, "here's what's going on" meeting, rather than anything more involved. Nothing big was decided there, and if you missed it, you're honestly getting 99% of the events just by reading this. The reason I posted it all here is specifically because we want more feedback: comments, questions, anything. Your opinions are not somehow ignored if you were absent.

- The bit on invitations applies both to new members and to alts. If we had some way to allow anyone to invite alts, we would. But, since there's no way to specify that, we're just having officers and leaders handle it. We could have a bottom rank with no permissions which people default to when invited, and then let anyone invite but not promote, but that leaves the issue of setting the officer note. We may do this in the future, but for now we have enough new people and enough new alts regularly joining that we really need that note set as soon as they join. Besides, about 1/4 of the roster still has inaccurate notes or the wrong rank; that needs to be curbed first. If you find someone needing an invitation, you can feel free to tell them that our current policy is dumb or whatever, but just direct them to someone who can invite.

- This isn't particularly important since the leadership is static, but: leaders do not follow the same criteria as officers. It's the responsibility of the leaders to maintain the atmosphere of the guild first and foremost, as mentioned in topic 3. The whole reason to have officers is to have people devoted to doing the other stuff, or at least helping with it.

edit: A couple more:
    - Leadership is not a position you can volunteer for, only officership.

- Beast ranks have temporary invitation privileges for convenience until we can get a few more officers up.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
    edited January 2011
    Oats wrote: »
    Man... I turn my score app off and avoid Twitter all day to keep from getting the City/Villa outcome spoiled before I go to watch the replay, and then I check the Beast thread...

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Are we short on officers or something?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited January 2011
    Oats wrote: »
    Man... I turn my score app off and avoid Twitter all day to keep from getting the City/Villa outcome spoiled before I go to watch the replay, and then I check the Beast thread...

Now now, Man U and Arsenal both played and won two games this week. Man City can win and still end up in 3rd.

Oats on
  • LederanLederan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

We're short on officers because we removed all previous officers.

Lederan on
    edited January 2011
    They've all been killed. We need to find more for the sacrif- good of the guild.

Tyberius on
    edited January 2011
    Lederan wrote: »

We're short on officers because we removed all previous officers.
    Let me clarify: no one was demoted out of spite or mad-with-power/raging Bender motives. It's just that officers had previously been chosen based on merit, and no one really considered whether or not said officer actually wanted the extra responsibility. It worked fine back when having 14 people on at once was a busy night, but with our swelling ranks it's become a little more hectic.

So we've been relieved in order to give the officers an opportunity to know what they're signing up for. It fits in with the "enjoy the game as you see fit" philosophy that we've maintained for four years now.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited January 2011
    I updated my post to add some additional clarifying points based on questions I've received. Check it out.

Also, yeah, I'll echo what Gev said. He's got it exactly right. Right now is the transitional phase, where we're finding new officers. If you hadn't noticed that we're doing this, that's good! It means all is going according to plan, because this change is not supposed to shake things up. Everything will be basically the same, just with the people who want to lead actually holding a position commensurate with that desire.

But talk to me or Munkus or Sieg if you believe you meet those three criteria listed above, since we are still looking for a few more.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    when you say can't invite you mean in game right? because whenever I see someone on here talking about not having a guild or not knowing where to roll I pimp ravenholdt/the beasts

I highly doubt that's what you mean but I want to make sure

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited January 2011
    You've got it right.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ulduar was fun tonight. Pit that harpoon dragon achievement is a pain in the ass to get in one go with only 15 folks.

And I'm calling bollocks on us missing the kill the hands and body withing 12 seconds. We were well within 12 seconds and no achievement :(

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elders of the alliance is easily solo'd @ 85. Stormwind is outside the main gate, Darnassus is inside, but very near the pink port bubble. if you take the port bubble 2 guards will agro, easy to kill so long as you watch out for the flight master near by. IF is a pain in the ass. I suggest you don't take the tram, the low ceilings & tight quarters and having to fly all the way across IF means you get dismounted from their guard both ground & flying. Going in the main gate it's to your right in the middle of the mystic quarter. Once I got there I had to murder my way out of IF.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Saeris wrote: »
    I updated my post to add some additional clarifying points based on questions I've received. Check it out.

Also, yeah, I'll echo what Gev said. He's got it exactly right. Right now is the transitional phase, where we're finding new officers. If you hadn't noticed that we're doing this, that's good! It means all is going according to plan, because this change is not supposed to shake things up. Everything will be basically the same, just with the people who want to lead actually holding a position commensurate with that desire.

But talk to me or Munkus or Sieg if you believe you meet those three criteria listed above, since we are still looking for a few more.

I have never really even known who the officers are and I think thats a good thing. Cause no one ever really throws thier weight around, they just do important things.

Also I never knew uld could be so much fun even at 85. I don't think i will make the follow up though cause its a date day with the wife. Maybe I'll just stay at 84 or something.

Kai_San on
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man. I had no desire to play the game much until I read this thread again.

Youse guys are the best.

EDIT: Also, god dammit, all my profits from auctions disappeared because I've been gone over 30 days, fffff.

Joeslop on
    edited January 2011
    Glad to see people enjoyed themselves with that Ulduar run, since there will be a smaller turn out for tonight and PLAYOFFS I will maybe reschedule it for class raids for guild achievements. Also I should mention that I will ease up on making raids so I don't end up taking all the prime raiding nights, I will however continue my guild BoT/BwD runs and help Ark with the Baradin Hold weeklies.

Tyberius on
    edited January 2011
    Expect to see less and less of me, if at all, due to school, work, finding a new job and other realities of getting old.

Oats on