As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2/WoW] Beasts of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Oats wrote: »
    Atramades down.

Also Maloriak, but he's a bitch.
    We did our first attempts when I unsubbed. What took ya?
    Dibby

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That was the first night I'd tried Atramades.

He's a neat fight. A++ would stab again.

Oats on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Dibby

And I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you kids and your stinking dog.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Atramades down.

Also Maloriak, but he's a bitch.
    Dibby

Consistently having only 9 people for raids and having to cancel raid nights.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

-SPI- on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Consistently having only 9 people for raids and having to cancel raid nights.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Let's not forget pretty much forcing people into different (or undergeared) roles/alts that they may not necessarily want to do.

It's been pretty frustrating, trying to raid like this for the past however many weeks it's been. While it's certainly not an ideal situation by any means, at the very least we have been able to raid (with the exception of a few times where we had to cancel). Which is better than nothing, anyways.

Hmmmm. Kind of a longshot, but... If anyone's reading this that has an interest in raiding, hasn't been able to raid but wants to, and/or maybe doesn't know what raiding entails, here is a handy raid-ready checklist/guide for you:
    1. Make sure you have the gear to be able to raid!
    This doesn't mean you need to be decked out in 372 gear or anything. At the same time, don't expect to be able to raid in complete quest greens. I'm not going to use an average item level requirement. But ideally, you need to have mostly 333+ blue gear. It's okay if you still have a green or two (trinkets especially, those are a bit trickier in obtaining).

On this note, make sure you are Hit-capped (8% for melee, 17% for casters), and if melee, Expertise capped (26).

2. Know your class!
    Make sure you know your rotation, what kinds of stats are good for your spec, how to actually spec your spec, etc. Most importantly, be able to pull your weight.. Which means putting out good dps. You don't have to be topping the meters, but you shouldn't be lagging behind everyone else, either.

If you're having dps problems, ask people for help. Someone can usually point you in the direction of either a good guide, or towards someone in guild.

3. Come prepared.
    Usually we have Flask Cauldrons and Feasts for everyone, but it's always a good idea to carry some food/flasks incase we don't. Also, research boss fights ahead of time. Watch the videos on Tankspot, read the articles on wowhead, etc. If you don't know what bosses to look up, ask someone.

4. Have good awareness.
    Know what's going on around you. Pay attention to when you need to react to things, and react in a timely manner. Make use of abilities such as Blink, Demonic Circle, Sprint, etc.

5. Make sure you know what you are getting into.
    Raiding is a commitment. If you plan to raid, then you should be ready to spend a lot of time, effort, and energy into learning fights. Don't expect to just show up, faceroll bosses, and get loot.

We raid every Weds/Thurs/Fri from 8 PM Server to 10:30-ish PM Server, so make sure you can attend those times if you want to raid. Sign-ups go up on the Calendar every week, usually on Monday, so be sure to sign up for those. Obviously real life things can come up, which is understandable, but make sure to communicate that to people. It is not cool to sign up for a raid and then not show up without any sort of explanation. On a side note, if you Sign Up on the Calendar, you are expected to be there. If you are unsure if you can make it that night, sign up as Tentative.

I think that covers everything.. Dunno if I missed anything important, but oh well. Not even sure if this is useful to anyone, but figured I might as well give it a shot. I don't even know how many people in guild check this thread.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So what day does Children's Week start this year?

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2011
    So... I am playing on this server as Horde. Coming back to the game after having skipped all of Wrath pretty much, and only having played alliance.

Siegel, Lvl 1-9ish Blood Elf Mage.

Looking forward to playing with you folks.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    syndalis wrote: »

Be sure to whisper any Beasts who are online and they'll get you in contact with someone to invite you into the guild so you can take advantage of those sweet sweet perks.

Tyberius on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I like literally fall asleep while healing TBC dungeons. This has angered many a people.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2011
    Tyberius wrote: »

Be sure to whisper any Beasts who are online and they'll get you in contact with someone to invite you into the guild so you can take advantage of those sweet sweet perks.

How do I look up a guild user list? I am waaaay out of memory with how to do WoW stuff.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited April 2011

How do I look up a guild user list? I am waaaay out of memory with how to do WoW stuff.
    Type /who Beasts of Unusual Size or just /who Beasts and you should see a few of us online now. Just /w Player's name blah blah blah to whisper one of us.

Edit: Saw syndalis online and tossed him an invite.

Tyberius on
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the invite; I'll be around later tonight for sure.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I'm trying to find a new home. I tried the Alliance PVE PA guild, but 1) no one ever seems to be on and 2) as much as I wanted to like Worgen (and I did) I just didn't like playing for alliance.

Anyways, I only just got Cataclysm, and so am experiencing everything new for the first time. My old characters from WotLK got hacked and are naked, and so I don't really have much reason to play them. So I figured I may as well start over again! Torn between Orc Warrior (which was the first race/class combo I ever played and raided MC-original naxx with), or an Orc Shaman. Or I may try and play a goblin.

Anyways, hopefully I'll catch some of you around.

Dissociater on
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I'm trying to find a new home. I tried the Alliance PVE PA guild, but 1) no one ever seems to be on and 2) as much as I wanted to like Worgen (and I did) I just didn't like playing for alliance.

Anyways, I only just got Cataclysm, and so am experiencing everything new for the first time. My old characters from WotLK got hacked and are naked, and so I don't really have much reason to play them. So I figured I may as well start over again! Torn between Orc Warrior (which was the first race/class combo I ever played and raided MC-original naxx with), or an Orc Shaman. Or I may try and play a goblin.

You definitely should join up. We're wicked friendly and always willing to help. That and the 10% extra Guild Perk on experience definitely won't hurt ya.

Esh on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    7/12, Beasts. Tomorrow is NEW FIGHT FRIDAY.

Next week will possibly be a Raidlock Extention Zone, depending on who is in the group. Likely we will have our raiding core, in which case be prepared for Ascendant Council/Nefarian/Cho'Gall possiblities.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    I'll resub if you mail me Dibby's heart and Gev's shoes.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited April 2011
    I am from the Pacific Northwest, so therefore I wear FiveFingers.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited April 2011
    9/12 normal, not bad Beasts. Time to finally take down some endbosses before 4.2 and Firelands.

Tyberius on
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    9/12 normal, not bad Beasts. Time to finally take down some endbosses before 4.2 and Firelands.

Congrats! :^:

Aeyther on
    edited April 2011
    Esh wrote: »

You definitely should join up. We're wicked friendly and always willing to help. That and the 10% extra Guild Perk on experience definitely won't hurt ya.

Yeah, so far everyone's been real nice. This is my first time on a PVP server too, so it adds a little element of danger that wasn't there before. Although I got my first HK today, some priest jumped me while I was picking flowers! But I turned the tables on him real quick!

Dissociater on
    edited April 2011
    Esh wrote: »

Yeah, so far everyone's been real nice. This is my first time on a PVP server too, so it adds a little element of danger that wasn't there before. Although I got my first HK today, some priest jumped me while I was picking flowers! But I turned the tables on him real quick!

I haven't really had any real geese try to kill me on Ravenholdt, the only time I can remember is in Tol Barad but thats the main pvp zone so it's whatever.

Aeyther on
    edited April 2011
    Yeah PvP servers in WoW has changed quite a bit due to Dungeon Finder and flying mounts where you really will never see a high level ganker in questing zones. Only Archaeologists and other questers which makes it more fun since the fight is even and actually enjoyable.

Tyberius on
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Every once in a while you still see the odd dumbass with nothing better to do wiping out Thrallmar or some other place.

Soundwave on
    edited April 2011
    Well, I'll say that the even level encounters to level ?? encounters have been about even. I've been killed three times in one hit from a ??. But with even level encounters I've only actually been attacked once. The other two times the other guy ran away.

Actually, that priest bumped into me a second time, shielded and ran away, which I thought was funny.

Also, I'm in the UK now, so I'm pretty much never online during peak hours.

Dissociater on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gev, are you going to the Man City/Whitecaps friendly?

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited April 2011
    KingMole wrote: »
    Gev, are you going to the Man City/Whitecaps friendly?
    Indeed, me and my fellow fanclub buddies have a road trip planned in the works.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited April 2011
    Cho'Gall might not be the toughest boss we face tonight:

loginserver.png
    There's no word yet as to what's happening, but our server and network administrators are working on bringing things back to normal. We apologize for the downtime and delay.

e: Jeez, right after I posted this I tried again and got through.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited April 2011
    Phase 1 is a fight for survival as you desperately attempt to login.

Aeyther on
    edited April 2011
    I am out of town for a few days because my parents are some denomination of Christian and it is Easter but hey four day weekend.

Oats on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll be on tonight if anyone is up for some random heroics. I'll try qeueing as a healer so I can get some more practice. Unless I fail, then I'll switch back to deeps. One daily and I should be able to get JP pants for my deeps set, that will get rid of all my greens. I still need a 346 weapon for holy. I'm using the Spellcaster sword from HoO Regular right now.

Edit: Hahaha, looks like the only two choices are both from HoO. The heroic version of the sword or the mace.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    there's a mace from the TB quartermaster, too

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited April 2011
    I'm on the bus. Depending on traffic, I'll either be there on time or just a couple of minutes past.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited April 2011
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight if anyone is up for some random heroics. I'll try qeueing as a healer so I can get some more practice. Unless I fail, then I'll switch back to deeps. One daily and I should be able to get JP pants for my deeps set, that will get rid of all my greens. I still need a 346 weapon for holy. I'm using the Spellcaster sword from HoO Regular right now.

Edit: Hahaha, looks like the only two choices are both from HoO. The heroic version of the sword or the mace.

The giant ugly spikey ogre guy drops one in hBRC. I think it's BRC. I can't goddamn remember anymore.

Oats on
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TTODewback wrote: »

The giant ugly spikey ogre guy drops one in hBRC. I think it's BRC. I can't goddamn remember anymore.
    Yes, he drops http://www.wowhead.com/item=56312

Soundwave on
    edited April 2011
    Sorry guys. Hail storm knocked out cable. Won't be able to finish heroic :(
    I knew that shit was going to happen dammit

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
    edited April 2011
    Servers have been unstable since patch day anyways, if that didn't happen I'm sure the instance itself would have kicked you all offline and then back in just to not get credit for the run (like it happened to a few of us).

Tyberius on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I apologize for not being around for raid yesterday. I neither confirm nor deny that I may have fallen asleep on the couch.

Did they fix trons yet?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited April 2011
    I apologize for not being around for raid yesterday. I neither confirm nor deny that I may have fallen asleep on the couch.

Did they fix trons yet?

Looks that way. We took 'em down no problem.

You missed me being assigned to spiking and not knowing how to spike (granted, it was a split second "Get up there!" and then later accidentally auto-attacking Chimaeron before the pull.

Esh on
    edited April 2011
    Before the bot was active. =/

Oats on
    edited April 2011
    Before the bot was active. =/

It's not my fault he's such a fat ass and his hitbox takes up half the room!

Esh on