As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2/WoW] Beasts of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

• Options
    lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Some folks have signed as tentative for the ICC trip I'm running on saturday, but it seems to be in need of tanks.

so, tanks! sign up!
    I would, but it's scheduled to start at 5pm, which is 6am for me. I wee bit too early for my (Australian) Sunday to start unfortunately.

It gives you four hours to sober up after 2am, which is more than enough to be ready to raid. I fail to see the problem here.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Unlike you Wheels, I don't drink at all. :P

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Excellent work tonight, Beasts. Magmawr, Golems, Halfus and Double Dragons all one-shot (that 5% wipe on DD doesn't count). Onto progression tomorrow!

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Smooth night tonight. Cleared Halfus and Double Dragons, then went on to kill Magmaw and Omnitron in BWD. One-shot every boss except Drakes, which was a two shot.

Maloriak and Atramedes tomorrow!

EDIT: FFFFFF goddammit ninja'd

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Congratulations on progressing, finally.

grrarg on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, it turns out you were holding us back.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Yeah, it turns out you were holding us back.

In my case its unfortunately true since every time I missed a raid tended to be the times progression was made.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No, we actually hate you and intentionally under-perform out of spite.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No, we actually hate you and intentionally under-perform out of spite.

Which I realized and reciprocated by under-performing in turn.

So everyone fucked it up.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm very curious about shaman healing, because Favin and Gev were at some points half of my healing output. I heard Resto was pretty weak, and had hoped 4.0.6 was fixing it. Maybe the Wild Growth buff is just OP, but my mana took a nasty hit this patch.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wild Mushrooms make Magmaw parasite AOEing so much easier. I'm seriously just thinking of taking Hurricane off the toolbar completely given how much it's been eclipsed.

Pity we couldn't get Arks the achievement that the rest of us got a week ago as I managed to get a parasite onto me while trying to kill them off with Dibby.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm very curious about shaman healing, because Favin and Gev were at some points half of my healing output. I heard Resto was pretty weak, and had hoped 4.0.6 was fixing it. Maybe the Wild Growth buff is just OP, but my mana took a nasty hit this patch.

I am always bright green with envy with how much paladins and druids can pump out while barely denting their mana bar. It's quite possible that I just suck though.

It might be a little different now with the mana nerfs, but Shaman healing still feels quite meager comparatively.

I'm nearing enough valor points to buy a set piece on Favin. It feels like the guild still needs healers (I honestly wasn't expecting to get into raid tonight being five minutes late and having not signed up at all). I don't think I've used my elemental spec since that very first run that we ever tried on Omnitron. I enjoy healing, but it does suck to have to pick now with the set gear coming up.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah, shamans just seem really behind in the area of mana efficiency compared to paladins (and maybe druids, but mostly paladins.)

More than once I've been in baradin hold at 30% mana or something thinking "okay, gotta be a little bit careful the last third of his health" only to accidentally target the holy paladin and see him trucking along at 70% mana or something.

they usually don't outheal me, but that's probably because that fight might as well have been designed for rain and chain heal.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This patch has put druid mana in a pretty comparable spot with Shaman. Last week I didn't even use potions on Magmaw and just used tree to wrath spam. This week I had to use my concentration potion on the first head phase.

I'm not ooming or anything, but I have to be on the ball with my regen trinket and innervate now. I'm not sure if I can even use Glyph of Innervate if there isn't another non-feral in the group.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I honestly haven't kept up to date with all of the changes with 4.0.6, but in the healing department it seemed less improving Druid and Shamans and more balancing Paladins with the rest of the healers. If there are any Holydins that can confirm the changes this week. Not sure about Priests either.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I dunno, my healing has gone up a good amount (pulled 13k on Halfus this week) mainly because Wild Growth doesn't suck balls anymore. I also specced into Genesis, which gave me 4% more hot healing.

However, the nerf to clearcasting and toning down of the rejuv buff has really balanced the insane AoE healing I possess now.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Let me know if my "Molten Core" corner bothers anyone. I thought some people would want the cores or their Tier 1 pieces for ERP purposes.

Also I got an Ingot this run. whooooo

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Don't expect me to be on tonight. Working late.

Of course, the one week we do new bosses...

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't worry, we'll kill Nefarian for you.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    -Bramble-Bramble Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm not going to be able to make it tonight either - stupid night shift.

-Bramble on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Goddamn, and here I am just leaving work as well... I'll be there, but maybe right at 5:30

E: GODDAMNIT FOUR BLOCKS TO GO

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Maker's getting all the strikes.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Maloriak is not as hard as reading him seemed to suggest!

And a trash drop tank epic, so a good night.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Unlike you Wheels, I don't drink at all. :P

You are a far stronger man than I. What became of the Worgen Closers Only guild?

lifeincognito on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think everyone finished the worgen starter zone and realised how disappointing worgen and their zone are and stopped.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Man, the Worgen starting zone was awesome and tragic and had a real sense of heroism to it. You were fighting right next to the goddamn king, fee chrissakes.

But yeah, our little alliance guild never even got off the ground. Not yet, at least.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    LederanLederan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [strike]A reminder that ICC10 Hardmodes are scheduled to start in 20 minutes. Please show up![/strike]

Not enough people were interested, but we will try again on Sunday.

Lederan on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Makershot wrote: »
    Man, the Worgen starting zone was awesome and tragic and had a real sense of heroism to it. You were fighting right next to the goddamn king, fee chrissakes.

But yeah, our little alliance guild never even got off the ground. Not yet, at least.

I BRING INSPIRATION!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq2derDRTWc

lifeincognito on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That is the worst thing in this thread.

And considering what has happened in this thread, that should make you feel really bad.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SkitoriaSkitoria Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I log on this morning expecting to do a quick run of the holiday bosses. Here is the group I had.
    awesomenames.png

Skitoria on
    Steam:Milfhouse Xbox:Eitel4 Paladin:Luiane Mage:Milane
  • Options
    edited February 2011

And considering what has happened in this thread, that should make you feel really bad.

It is hard to feel bad when you are drunk. However, point taken. I shall cease and desist with my thread derailment.

lifeincognito on
  • Options
    LederanLederan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

It is hard to feel bad when you are drunk. However, point taken. I shall cease and desist with my thread derailment.

Good thing I'm not enticed by the preview image of what looks like one woman giving another woman a blowjob!

I hate diva music anyway. Diva "music".

Lederan on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey Gev have you seen this?

I think you should see this.

It is pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOhDVYqqAXs

Oats on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jerkface

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I would like to visit this "Man City."

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Manchester City! They had their rivalry match with Manchester United yesterday, and we lost. I gotta say, though, Rooney's goal was pretty goddamn spectacular.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well shit I just had to blow all the money I had been saving for PAX on getting my car fixed.

So I guess I will not be getting raped by any of you in March.

Dammit.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    My account ends on the 20th, so you got one more week to bask in my glorious heals.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Have you guys decided on a time to hit up Ulduar for Rusted Proto-drakes? I know my 25-man was lackluster and I wasn't able to complete it, however the 10-man should be very doable and would be interesting to see the difference between hitting it now at level 85 than it was at level 80 but ICC geared.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    SkitoriaSkitoria Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tyberius wrote: »
    Have you guys decided on a time to hit up Ulduar for Rusted Proto-drakes? I know my 25-man was lackluster and I wasn't able to complete it, however the 10-man should be very doable and would be interesting to see the difference between hitting it now at level 85 than it was at level 80 but ICC geared.

I plan on running one on saturday to get some rusty drake action. The week after I want to run naxx and get some more cheevos. Probably can 25man naxx depending on how many people show.

Skitoria on
    Steam:Milfhouse Xbox:Eitel4 Paladin:Luiane Mage:Milane