Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[GW2/WoW] Beasts of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in MMO Extravaganza
<Beasts of Unusual Size>

With launch right around the corner I plan to help those who are interested in the game and want a place to call home or just find more warm bodies for dynamic events, dungeons or plain PvP. I know some beasts still play WoW and if you would like me to update the OP with anything regarding servers you play on or other contact information let me know.

Guild Wars 2 [Forum handle/GW2 handle]:
Maguuma Server
Tyberius - Tyberius.3250
grrarg - grrarg.3701
Ohtsam - Ohtsam.9385
Dibby - Dibby.4279
Lederan - Lederan.6820
Asharaxx - Asharaxx.5679
KingMole - Karfeddion.7043
WaveChaser - WaveChaser.4105

Fort Aspenwood Server
Oats - Phosgene.1380
Saeris - Saeris.6052
Caedere - Caedere.9427
Makershot - Makershot.3452
Dr. Keenbean - drkeenbean.5064
TehSpectre - TehSpectre.5426
mynameisguido - rosencrantz.4361
Coconut Monkey - Coconut Monkey.2739

World of Warcraft [Forum handle]:
Spoiler:

Tyberius on

• Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo Nice day for a Waa WeddingRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    You put that damn video in the OP? Are you trying to scare potential members?

Anyways, double dragons down. I guess Maloriak attempts tomorrow if all goes well with Magmaw and Omni?

0SZEg7b.png
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    You put that damn video in the OP? Are you trying to scare potential members?

Anyways, double dragons down. I guess Maloriak attempts tomorrow if all goes well with Magmaw and Omni?

You just don't get it.

Also yeah the plan is Maloriak after Magmaw and Omni.

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    (You can add me to the list, since I've been playing with you guys for a few months now.)

• Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User
    edited January 2011
    I can't make anything this Friday/Saturday folks - heading down south for the weekend.

Kill some mans for me.

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread King of the Forest Camphor TreeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A fucking electric boogaloo joke? I know it's in the game, but still... enough is enough.

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread King of the Forest Camphor TreeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    And grats on Halfus, dudes. Not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything, but having that 5-second interrupt made dealing with the nova so easy last week that I'm glad you were able to down him without me. Very nicely done.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    But, but, I'm part of the guild too!

Grats on the kill too!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Really want to get some dungeoning on this weekend. But I'm not witchy enough and still have so much witching to do. I will not stop until I am the witchest.

Also I've decided to finally finish Halo: Reach.

PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean
    Dr_Keenbean42.png
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's quite a backlog there.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Grats on the Dragons, going to try to make it tonight but we'll see how that goes.

• FonjoFonjo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Add me to the list! (please)

Man, with school starting and having a new puppy, I have not had much time to log on in the past week. I am hoping to log on this weekend and level my priest a bit. I had never played a priest past level five until recently and I am really enjoying it.

camo_sig2.png
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    3 85s down, lots to go for me.

spritesig.gif
  • DibbyDibby Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Makershot wrote: »
    And grats on Halfus, dudes. Not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything, but having that 5-second interrupt made dealing with the nova so easy last week that I'm glad you were able to down him without me. Very nicely done.

We had one interrupt (rogue) on Halfus the entire time, but the cd on kick wasn't short enough to handle each nova, so we had to finesse it a bit with Steve and Ark using Shield/Hammer to cover the ones he couldn't kick. OVERALL, not an ideal setup, but it worked.

(WTB 4.0.6 for rebuke plz)

Also Vali/Thera pleasantly surprised me. We downed them in like 3 or 4 attempts? I was a bit shocked when they died because I wasn't expecting it to be that fast.

edited January 2011
    Speaking of raids, I have just now finished with work and will 98.778% likely not be home in time for BWD tonight. Unless you don't start until 9:00 server or so.

edited January 2011
    Fuck, I just got back to my neighborhood ... busses were a mess. I'm really sorry to douche out on my sign-up, and I hope the raid is still goin without me. It was out of my control, though.

I know I'm being all serious about (probably) nothing, but I'm a man of my word and if the sign-ups aren't treated with respect then they're pretty much worthless.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had to pull out of the signup because some dinner plans got dumped on me at about 3 this afternoon.

sorry about that

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    stand up! It was the smallest on the list but
    pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hope I'll be free on Sunday, I haven't had a chance to raid in awhile.

Steam | Bukkit Fishing Plugin | 3DS: 2406-5131-9006
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Are the Beasts still inviting former Beasts back into the guild/do I just have to find Munkus/Saeris?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is there a smith with a spare chaos orb that I could mail materials for a caster shield to?

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    stand up! It was the smallest on the list but
    pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DibbyDibby Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Maloriak dooooown! He dropped a bitchin' healer trinket and a Maelstrom Crystal. Fortunately, that was the only shard of the night, everyone else got loot. Atramedes next week? Maybe Chimaeron?! :<>
    Aegis wrote: »
    Are the Beasts still inviting former Beasts back into the guild/do I just have to find Munkus/Saeris?

Just do a /who Beasts on Ravenholdt, someone will point you to an occifer.

edited January 2011
    I know I'm being all serious about (probably) nothing, but I'm a man of my word and if the sign-ups aren't treated with respect then they're pretty much worthless.

Sorry Gev but we have a new Enhancement shaman to replace you, KrasnoIforgottherestofhisname. But in all serious it wasn't an issue since we had enough Beasts to get started on time. This weekend however I have Ulduar 25 scheduled for some achievements for geese and mounts as well if I can manage enough Beasts.

@Aegis, yeah invites are open to ex-Beasts, just got to have Saeris or Munkus to invite you whenever they're online.

edited January 2011
    Also SabinXL, jeeeez

edited January 2011
    Also SabinXL, jeeeez

Now that you reminded me of the I can add it to the list!

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    but I'm a man of my word and if the sign-ups aren't treated with respect then they're pretty much worthless.

I am right there with you on this.

Also, hope you're enjoying 3rd on the table, sucka!

• SaerisSaeris Chronogestaltist Trinity, New MexicoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For anyone who missed the meeting just now, here is what was said:
    Spoiler:

edit: Some additional points, per questions I've received about the above:
    Spoiler:

edit: A couple more:
    Spoiler:

Nlgya.png
    edited January 2011
    Oats wrote: »
    Man... I turn my score app off and avoid Twitter all day to keep from getting the City/Villa outcome spoiled before I go to watch the replay, and then I check the Beast thread...

• Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo Nice day for a Waa WeddingRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Are we short on officers or something?

0SZEg7b.png
    edited January 2011
    Oats wrote: »
    Man... I turn my score app off and avoid Twitter all day to keep from getting the City/Villa outcome spoiled before I go to watch the replay, and then I check the Beast thread...

Now now, Man U and Arsenal both played and won two games this week. Man City can win and still end up in 3rd.

• LederanLederan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

We're short on officers because we removed all previous officers.

edited January 2011
    They've all been killed. We need to find more for the sacrif- good of the guild.

edited January 2011
    Lederan wrote: »

We're short on officers because we removed all previous officers.
    Let me clarify: no one was demoted out of spite or mad-with-power/raging Bender motives. It's just that officers had previously been chosen based on merit, and no one really considered whether or not said officer actually wanted the extra responsibility. It worked fine back when having 14 people on at once was a busy night, but with our swelling ranks it's become a little more hectic.

So we've been relieved in order to give the officers an opportunity to know what they're signing up for. It fits in with the "enjoy the game as you see fit" philosophy that we've maintained for four years now.

edited January 2011
    I updated my post to add some additional clarifying points based on questions I've received. Check it out.

Also, yeah, I'll echo what Gev said. He's got it exactly right. Right now is the transitional phase, where we're finding new officers. If you hadn't noticed that we're doing this, that's good! It means all is going according to plan, because this change is not supposed to shake things up. Everything will be basically the same, just with the people who want to lead actually holding a position commensurate with that desire.

But talk to me or Munkus or Sieg if you believe you meet those three criteria listed above, since we are still looking for a few more.

Nlgya.png
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    when you say can't invite you mean in game right? because whenever I see someone on here talking about not having a guild or not knowing where to roll I pimp ravenholdt/the beasts

I highly doubt that's what you mean but I want to make sure

BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
    edited January 2011
    You've got it right.

Nlgya.png
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ulduar was fun tonight. Pit that harpoon dragon achievement is a pain in the ass to get in one go with only 15 folks.

And I'm calling bollocks on us missing the kill the hands and body withing 12 seconds. We were well within 12 seconds and no achievement :(

• EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elders of the alliance is easily solo'd @ 85. Stormwind is outside the main gate, Darnassus is inside, but very near the pink port bubble. if you take the port bubble 2 guards will agro, easy to kill so long as you watch out for the flight master near by. IF is a pain in the ass. I suggest you don't take the tram, the low ceilings & tight quarters and having to fly all the way across IF means you get dismounted from their guard both ground & flying. Going in the main gate it's to your right in the middle of the mystic quarter. Once I got there I had to murder my way out of IF.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

The goal of our founding fathers was freedom. The goal of our current politicians is control.
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Saeris wrote: »
    I updated my post to add some additional clarifying points based on questions I've received. Check it out.

Also, yeah, I'll echo what Gev said. He's got it exactly right. Right now is the transitional phase, where we're finding new officers. If you hadn't noticed that we're doing this, that's good! It means all is going according to plan, because this change is not supposed to shake things up. Everything will be basically the same, just with the people who want to lead actually holding a position commensurate with that desire.

But talk to me or Munkus or Sieg if you believe you meet those three criteria listed above, since we are still looking for a few more.

I have never really even known who the officers are and I think thats a good thing. Cause no one ever really throws thier weight around, they just do important things.

Also I never knew uld could be so much fun even at 85. I don't think i will make the follow up though cause its a date day with the wife. Maybe I'll just stay at 84 or something.

casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man. I had no desire to play the game much until I read this thread again.

Youse guys are the best.

EDIT: Also, god dammit, all my profits from auctions disappeared because I've been gone over 30 days, fffff.

edited January 2011
    Glad to see people enjoyed themselves with that Ulduar run, since there will be a smaller turn out for tonight and PLAYOFFS I will maybe reschedule it for class raids for guild achievements. Also I should mention that I will ease up on making raids so I don't end up taking all the prime raiding nights, I will however continue my guild BoT/BwD runs and help Ark with the Baradin Hold weeklies.

edited January 2011
    Expect to see less and less of me, if at all, due to school, work, finding a new job and other realities of getting old.