As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A very small suggestion (E3)

mccmcc glitchRegistered User, ClubPA regular
May I suggest, if possible, whoever has the ability to screw with the formatting of the boards add some kind of noticeable link at the top of the G&T board listings to the E3 board? And perhaps a link at the top of the E3 board back to G&T? Like, only for the duration of E3.

Since the E3 board is basically a "spillover" board for G&T, I think this makes sense. After all, it's really easy to forget the "special" boards are there. People will probably make E3 news posts in G&T because they didn't see or forgot about the E3 board. Maybe as a result of this people will not bother to read the E3 board since most of the big stuff is getting threads in G&T as well... and maybe this will result in the people who *do* know about the E3 board just posting in G&T instead of E3 because G&T is where the traffic is. This is why I am suggesting some kind of big link above the G&T thread listings-- it would make the E3 board harder to forget about, and make it seem more like an extention of G&T rather than some other room.

Pretty much all the pre-E3 discussion and E3-related news has just been posted in G&T, which has been fine, probably actively good, because there weren't a lot of these threads. But once E3 starts in earnest, the news will be coming so heavily that this will start to be a mess. And once people start posting in earnest in the E3 board, there will be enough people who haven't started reading the E3 board yet that dupe threads will probably happen to an annoying degree. And Microsoft has their Big E3 Announcement tomorrow if I remember correctly..

Anyway, just a thought.

mcc on

• Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2004
    At most you'd need a sticky or an announcement, it's not worth fucking with the template for that.

And it's not just G+T, E3 stuff that would otherwise be in SE or EE will be there as well.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2004
    I don't know anything about vbullitain so i will take your word for it.

A sticky would be good tho once E3 starts.

I know this affects everyone but G&T tends to get the bulk of the "game news" posts.

Ah well, anyway, thanks either way :)

mcc on