As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rainbow Six: Vegas

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
So, this game is pretty amazing. I think we should talk about it.

I hear in multiplayer there are seperate stats for different characters? Buh? I know not of that, but I do know that the singleplayer rocks. And it has co-op!

I am however, an achievement whore, so I see there is both co-op achievements and split screen. Can the whole campaign be done in co-op? Cause that'd rock.

SniperGuy on

• Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    it can, but you wont get any of the story.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    headn00bheadn00b Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, I found the co-op to be pretty disapointing due to that. The rest of the game makes a sweet package though.

headn00b on
    Your sig was too tall.

-Thinatos
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is the game any good for just its' singleplayer mode? I'm getting a 360 soon, but won't be online with it for a while.

Also, are there any split-screen multiplayer options?

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I played singleplayer exclusively because I can't play it online for reasons I won't expound upon here, and I can safely say it's pretty bitchin' and probably worth the money, if you're not expecting an incredibly long game.

One word of advise to anyone who plays it though: Play it on Realistic mode, it's a better game for it.

Noray on
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This game deserves a 30page + thread, yet it doesn't have one.

There is experience points in multiplayer, but no different stats per character. Just stats for guns and armor.

There is no split screen achievement points. Those are errors, it is actually single player.

al... TO BE CONTINUED!

Sanders on
  • Options
    RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The majority of the campaign can be done in coop, but there will be no narrative, some story elements won't make sense and the ending will be different.

On Live, you can create your own character and choose what armor and clothing styles to wear or use some premade ones. Each type of armor has different stats as the premade characters run the range from Scout to Heavy, so that is probably what the op meant by different stats for different characters. The only stats are protection and speed/mobility. The more protection, the less mobility and vice versa. As you rank up by playing online, you will unlock more armor, weapons, and camo styles and colors. If you have the Live Camera, you can scan your face and map it to your character.

As far as I know, the split screen mode only allows 2 players. Online you can do up to 4 in co-op and 16 for vs matches.

Edit: there is a 50+ page thread in the 360 Arcadians forum...link

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I hate the single player but I find the multiplayer great. There are some balance issues with the weapons which probably won't be fixed looking at the community.

The A.I for your teammates can do some pretty dumb shit. They've bought the farm too many times by grenades and it seems R6 agents can't jump out the way.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I absolutely love the singleplayer at the moment. And the AI chatter is hilarious.

"Cover me!"
    "FUCK YOU! Cover ME!"

And then I shot a guy, rounded a corner and heard 'THERE'S THE GUY THAT KILLED DOMINGO! GET HIM!'

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SniperGuy wrote:
    So, this game is pretty amazing. I think we should talk about it.

I hear in multiplayer there are seperate stats for different characters? Buh? I know not of that, but I do know that the singleplayer rocks. And it has co-op!
    As said, the more armor you put on, the lower your mobility. You also rank up and get access to different equipment. Your gun has a number of different stats that determine how you play. For instance, SMGs have zero stopping power, but they are fast and accurate, so you have to go all headshots all the time.
    I am however, an achievement whore, so I see there is both co-op achievements and split screen. Can the whole campaign be done in co-op? Cause that'd rock.
    My favorite part of the achievements is the killing-people-with-your-sidearm achievement. Also, co-op story is crappy for the long helicopter rides where you would be listening to story exposition, but instead you listen to nothing.

Co-op terrorist hunt is better, but in some levels it gets so cheap because they spawn in places you've already been. Story mode doesn't have that problem AFAIK.

Also, play me on live! gamercard: templewulf.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I hate this game's single-player. It's really quite bad. Now, it was okay in the beginning, but after a few hours, it really started to grate on me. I've almost made it through the last mission, but I got bored and quit.

That said, I play multiplayer all the time. I love it. A lot. If anyone wants to play some time, you should feel free to add me to your friends list. It's always nice to play things with PA people. I'm not that great, but I'd be willing to play with anyone, experienced or not. I am, however, usually on either in the mornings or late at night PST during the week, so my playtime might not be so great for anyone except on the weekends.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just started playing some multiplayer. Tis quite entertaining. I invite you to add me to your friends list (SniperGuy710) if youre interested in playing.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Using the sniper rifle feels so badass.

Lining up shots beforehand, and leaning over for the briefest of moments to instantly shoot some tango is just so awesome. I felt like one of the Delta Snipers from FSW (I think they were the ones).

Iriah on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The M9 is a fucking beast in multi. I've so many kills from the thing it's not even funny. I'm without Live at the moment so I'm currently tackling single player, which is good fun until you reach the later levels when you're tackling enemies with the same weapons as you and your squad are just fucking idiots (though they're not as bad as GoW, but then GoW didn't have you actively trying to save your buddies before they bite the dust).

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Airan wrote:
    The M9 is a fucking beast in multi. I've so many kills from the thing it's not even funny.
    No, it's not funny, because the MP9 is the most absolutely broken gun in the game. It makes sniper rifles and assault rifles at range obsolete. The MP9's low power doesn't even matter because it has near the same accuracy as a sniper rifle, next to no recoil, and one headshot is all it takes. Not to mention how fast it fires. It's not exactly fair when you can fire a large barrage of bullets at someone's body and kill them when a sniper, at the same range, requires a headshot to kill in one shot, which is the only shot they get.

The gun needs some serious rebalancing. I don't mind it at close range. It fires fast and doesn't do much per shot, so it's fair, but it shouldn't out-class the large caliber sniper rifles. I don't really ooh and ah over people who can get a bunch of kills with the MP9.

EDIT: Sorry, I just get tired of people who are "beasts" with the MP9 bragging about how great they are on Live. It doesn't usually happen often, but it does happen and it's tiresome.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    QuelrethQuelreth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sladvan, Nailbunny, and I play co-op pretty regularly. Hit us up. I believe all the gamertags are the same as our names here.

Quelreth on
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ending spoilers

[realspoiler:61fb99a6c3]I didnt know you could shoot the chopper as it flies off. At first I was dealing with the mercs who jump out of it to assault you, and im all 'shit he got away'

Then the next run I started shooting wildly at it and hit it, and it goes down.

Now as the ending is probably a direct cliffhanger to the next vegas game, how will they handle the start? One where you leg it to the crash site, or one where hes got away and you have to chase him

Probably they skip it all and either the crash site was deserted, or he just flies away.

Oh, and was Gabe a totally nod to Gabe of PA fame. As in he was found in the Arcade and in the arcade there were a load of 'penny' signs everywhere indicating the price of the slots.

Which would be awesome[/realspoiler:61fb99a6c3]

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This game rocks hard. I'm slowly trying to get the T-hunt achievement but its freaking hard. I play with a bunch of the Arcadians frequently, usually once or twice a week.

It does suck that you can't get the Realistic achievement in co-op though.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pancake wrote:
    Airan wrote:
    The M9 is a fucking beast in multi. I've so many kills from the thing it's not even funny.
    No, it's not funny, because the MP9 is the most absolutely broken gun in the game. It makes sniper rifles and assault rifles at range obsolete. The MP9's low power doesn't even matter because it has near the same accuracy as a sniper rifle, next to no recoil, and one headshot is all it takes. Not to mention how fast it fires. It's not exactly fair when you can fire a large barrage of bullets at someone's body and kill them when a sniper, at the same range, requires a headshot to kill in one shot, which is the only shot they get.

The gun needs some serious rebalancing. I don't mind it at close range. It fires fast and doesn't do much per shot, so it's fair, but it shouldn't out-class the large caliber sniper rifles. I don't really ooh and ah over people who can get a bunch of kills with the MP9.

EDIT: Sorry, I just get tired of people who are "beasts" with the MP9 bragging about how great they are on Live. It doesn't usually happen often, but it does happen and it's tiresome.

I wasn't really bragging, I'm more in the same camp as you in that it needs some tweaking. Its super fast firing rate is what makes it most popular, even if the damage is lower (doesn't make much difference though).

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I love me some Rainbow Six.

Give me an MTAR and a supressor, and I'm ready to rock.

Kami on
  • Options
    Capncrunch7Capncrunch7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've been considering picking this game up, but I live in a college dorm with an awful internet connection, making Live out of the question. I do, however, have plenty of controllers and buddies around though.

I can't seem to find any information on offline multiplayer, however. Plenty of boasts about online co-operative modes and whatnot, but nothing about splitscreen. What does it have to offer for the Live Gold-impaired?

Capncrunch7 on
    XBLA: gogogadgetchris