As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play NieR: Episode 30: Man, Fuck The Junk Heap

1789101113»

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Haha Earwig is all 'that's heavy'.

It's not over yet man.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Episode 30: Man, Fuck The Junk Heap Viddler blip direct download

SPOILER ABOUT ENDING TWISTS OF THIS GAME DON'T READ UNLESS YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE END DON'T QUOTE THIS IF YOU RESPOND
    seriously dont read this unless you know the entire plot
    if any one of you even fucking jokes and/or hints about the end of this video and/or es' theory i will do everything in my power to make sure you get infracted. this is your only warning.

Rent on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Huh. Didn't know about this thread until now.

Good timing, too, because I wanted to ask if the DLC was worth it. I've gotten the first two endings, and was considering playing the DLC before working to get C and D.

I just wish the price point wasn't so goddamn uneven. 560 points? That doesn't even come out to even change.

Professor Snugglesworth on
    edited June 2011
    Huh. Didn't know about this thread until now.

Good timing, too, because I wanted to ask if the DLC was worth it. I've gotten the first two endings, and was considering playing the DLC before working to get C and D.

I just wish the price point wasn't so goddamn uneven. 560 points? That doesn't even come out to even change.

according to people i know and trust who have it (i've never played it), no, it's not, unless you're an achievement whore (because it has a ton of super rare drops that you need for the weapon levelling achievements) or really like alternate costumes(which the alternate costumes are p good admittedly) or really like the music (people are split; some love the remixes that are dlc exclusive and others hate it)

the dlc is apparently a bunch of challenge rooms with reused environments soooo yeah. otoh you get to play as brother Nier so there's that

however if your gonna play it, now is the time. the difficulty of the dlc is NG+ scaled so you shouldn't have that hard of a time

Rent on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So... hey.

Seeing this thread pop up a few days ago jogged my memory, in that I always wanted to give this a try, I just never did get around to it. So finding the game on the cheap, I am remedying that. :)

Quite a fun game. Can't say I've been wowed or had my mind totally blown, but so far I'm digging it a lot.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rent is still LPing?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I mean Nickelback is still making music

joshofalltrades on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Love you Rent

joshofalltrades on
    edited June 2011
    So... hey.

Seeing this thread pop up a few days ago jogged my memory, in that I always wanted to give this a try, I just never did get around to it. So finding the game on the cheap, I am remedying that. :)

Quite a fun game. Can't say I've been wowed or had my mind totally blown, but so far I'm digging it a lot.

where are you also goddamn josh that hurt me in my very soul being compared to nickelback

Rent on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    however if your gonna play it, now is the time. the difficulty of the dlc is NG+ scaled so you shouldn't have that hard of a time
    Nah I'll just wait for a price cut on the DLC. Has it dropped in price ever?

Dunno why anyone would hate the DLC music. It's incredible, especially the 8-bit versions.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm partial to the trance remixes, myself.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2011
    So... hey.

where are you also goddamn josh that hurt me in my very soul being compared to nickelback

I'm at:
    What people seem to call the second half. 5 years later, guy is wearing a jockstrap as an eyepatch, skeleton guy is in the party, and Kaine is freed from her life as a doorstop. Which, I might add, I am so thankful got turned around relatively quick. Every word out of that mouth is concentrated awesome. I'm going to be a sad panda if they take her away again.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    edited June 2011
    You could make a drinking game for the number of times Kaine is incapacitated in some way.

edited June 2011

I'm at:
    What people seem to call the second half. 5 years later, guy is wearing a jockstrap as an eyepatch, skeleton guy is in the party, and Kaine is freed from her life as a doorstop. Which, I might add, I am so thankful got turned around relatively quick. Every word out of that mouth is concentrated awesome. I'm going to be a sad panda if they take her away again.

to rest of nier thread: this isn't actually a spoiler, we've hit this part already

also yeh kaine is aweosme, yep

Rent on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Especially impressive when you consider Laura Bailey is most known for Persona 4's Rise and Sakura Wars' Gemini Sunrise.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2011
    Also Chun Li.

edited June 2011
    Ahah, I thought I recognized the voice.

I'm not one for random gratuitous swearing for swearing sake. But dropping the F bomb so early perked me up. Let me know we're not going to pussy foot the language.

And shit-hog is totally a real word. :P

The Wolfman on
    edited June 2011
    So... hey.

I'm just joshin ya

joshofalltrades on