As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

hitfix.com locks up my computer for 5-10 seconds every time I visit

jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid?NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I assume this happens to other people as well? I'm using Vista and Chrome (though it does it to me with Firefox and IE as well). Is there anything I can do about it on my end? I like the hitfix movie/television critic blogs, but the lockups are annoying.

tOkYVT2.jpg
jkylefulton on

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I assume this happens to other people as well? I'm using Vista and Chrome (though it does it to me with Firefox and IE as well). Is there anything I can do about it on my end? I like the hitfix movie/television critic blogs, but the lockups are annoying.

No problem here. Are you running any script/flash blockers? If you aren't, try them.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Could you recommend a script/flash blocker for Chrome? Thanks!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Could you recommend a script/flash blocker for Chrome? Thanks!

Not sure, I use Firefox myself. You could use that to test, I'm suspecting that an errant ad is gumming up the loading process, and just trying to rule that out.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Googling "script blocker for Chrome" and following those instructions solved the problem. Thanks Infidel!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg