As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ebay.ca and paypal won't connect.

The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey, all. While I've had an Ebay.ca account for some time, I've never really wanted to use it until now. I have a paypal account too, and I've used it from time to time.

I'm going to straight-up copypaste some stuff here.

So, there's an item I want to bid on, but when I place my bid, it tells me:

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.

You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:

You either don't have a PayPal account or your PayPal account is not linked to your eBay account. We encourage you to register with PayPal - it is the fast, easy and safe way to pay. Register with PayPal | Already have a PayPal account?

Now, I have repeatedly followed the steps under the "already have a PayPal account?" option, and followed the onscreen prompts to enter my email and PayPal password. After that, it tells me that I'm almost done, but:

You're almost done linking your accounts
To complete the process of linking your eBay and PayPal accounts, you must click the Return to eBay button below.

So I do so, and try to bid again. I get the same message included in the first quote. I followed the steps about 3 more times.

So, I decide to go the alternate route. I go to my ebay account. Specifically, I go to My Ebay > Summary > Account > PayPal Account.

It gives me no visible information that I've registered it, so I click "Link my PayPal Account."

Once again, I go to the same screen to input my info, then to return to ebay. I still can't bid on the item

I even went through PayPal, but I don't see any obvious linkup on that page.

So, what the hell? How do I get this to work?

I have four days left to bid on this item.

Also, if it matters, I'm on an Imac, using Safari web browser.

The Last Gent on

• Options
    SkeezicksSkeezicks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you want to do it through Paypal try this:

- Login to Paypal
    - Click the word 'Profile' at the top.
    - Over on the right under 'Selling Preferences' the should be an 'Auction' link. Click it.
    - Click the 'Add' button.

Skeezicks on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just tried it. Followed the steps to the letter. Same thing happened.

edit: same thing happened when I bid on my item.

The Last Gent on
  • Options
    SkeezicksSkeezicks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The only other thing I can think of right now is that it's Safari. Have you tried another browser? If not maybe try Firefox.

Skeezicks on
  • Options
    oncelingonceling Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You can try linking it using the .com site, (but I think it's your browser). Just go to the .com and repeat the same steps you used on .ca

It won't make a difference, your eBay account is the same no matter which eBay international website you are using. You can log onto pretty much all of them with your same login (some crazy exceptions like India I think but yeah).

onceling on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    *sigh* no dice yet again.

I repeated all the steps outlined above on Firefox, and I still got the same message when I tried to bid.

I then repeated the steps using Ebay.com (on firefox) instead of .ca. Same message again.

Why does ebay hate me? Why is this not working?

The Last Gent on