As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Gesundheit; Sneeze of Mystery

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I think I'm gonna sell my Dwarfs for OnG's. They were my first love anyway but I didn't think they'd get updated this quickly. Now all the new shinies and gubbins...

SJ on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hello there, SJ

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sometimes I'm tempted to start a dwarfs/chaos dwarfs when I look at Mantic games miniatures.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There's a new box of orc boyz. Same as the old one, 'cept with nine less orcs in it.

That wasn't very nice of you, Games Workshop.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd still like to know who decided that the entire High Elf army should get to reroll to hit against pretty much everything else.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nax wrote: »
    Hello there, SJ

Oh yeah you're looking for Dwarfs huh? If you want I can try to borrow my roommates camera and take some pics of the stuff, it's about 2500 points worth of stuff.
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I'd still like to know who decided that the entire High Elf army should get to reroll to hit against pretty much everything else.

To be fair, it was probably the same guy that decided that most of their stuff would crumple like paper to blast templates and guns.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SJ wrote: »
    Nax wrote: »
    Hello there, SJ

Oh yeah you're looking for Dwarfs huh? If you want I can try to borrow my roommates camera and take some pics of the stuff, it's about 2500 points worth of stuff.
    Joeslop wrote: »

To be fair, it was probably the same guy that decided that most of their stuff would crumple like paper to blast templates and guns.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if it required their Initiative to be HIGHER, not EQUAL to or higher. Practically everything beyond Assassins and special characters are I5 or below.

EDIT: Essentially it gives their entire army the Dark Elves army wide rule of hatred except that it's active all the time, not just the first round of combat. Sure I have hatred against High Elves all the time too but it's like they're sticking out their pale tongues and giving me the finger.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    On the other hand: repeater crossbows.

SJ on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah Dark Elves shouldn't be complaining about High Elves. I mean how dare we get a combat advantage to offset our ludicrous fragility.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Look if you guys would just get the fuck off our island so Malekith can take his rightful place as the ruler of all elves, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would always pick that motherfucker last for pick-up Blood Bowl too.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Maybe Malkith should stop being such a useless emo, stop banging his mum and start trying.

Oh wait, that would cut into his brooding time.

Asher on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    malekith.jpg

MY ISLAND!

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Malekith would be a lot scarier if there was more to his character than getting his arse kicked by a couple of upstart kids and then running home to mummy.

Asher on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll be honest.

I haven't used Malekith since the 7th edition DE book came out.

And I'm not likely to anytime soon; MAYBE if he's in some horde of something amazing like Black Guard with the Unbreakable BSB. But that's a shitton of T3 points waiting to eat it.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I know literally nothing about how Malekith plays in game. All I know is that he's pretty pathetic in the fluff.

It's a bit of a shame about Tyrion and Teclis. Tyrion is pretty mediocre and Teclis is so over powered people get the sooks if you take him.

Asher on
  • Options
    ZedarZedar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    https://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=14300091a&_requestid=1024978
    An ancient race that has lain dormant for thousands of years, the Tomb Kings now awaken from within their ancient burial pyramids. Cheated from the eternal life that they were promised, the Tomb Kings are instead doomed to an eternal undeath - awakened they thirst for vengeance against those who would disturb their slumber.

At the command of these undying lords march legions of implacable Skeleton Warriors, hosts of chariots crewed by long-dead crewmen and towering statues carved from unyielding stone.

The armies of the Tomb Kings are vast, unstoppable hordes that know neither fear nor remorse - and they shall not rest until all who stand against them are laid low.

This May Warhammer: Tomb Kings is released, containing everything you need to use the legions of Nehekhara in your games of Warhammer.

Alongside the new book we'll also be releases a slew of amazing new miniatures for Tomb Kings players to collect and add to their armies. Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months. To make sure you're the first to see the new models and read the latest news keep your eyes fixed to the pages of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop newsletter and the What's New Today blog.

In the meantime, if you're a Tomb Kings player (or thinking about becoming one) it's time to start building up your Undead hordes in preparation for the new arrivals. So, out with the large drybrush (and the pot of Bleached Bone) and onwards to glory!

Presented below are two exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming releases. Please keep checking back on the website, and in White Dwarf for more information in the near future

Tomb kings in may. Seems they're picking up the pace on the release schedule, which has to be a good thing.

Edit: The release schedule seems to be holding to what was leaked on warseer a while ago, which was green people, then dead people, then fat people. So Ogres are looking good for later this year at this rate.

Zedar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    HELL YES

HELL YES

HELL YES

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This makes me happy. Time to assemble more chariots!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Greenskins, Tomb Kings, and Ogres in one year? That's a pretty good year for the game. I will be jealous of their crazy awesome hardcovers though.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    TalonZahnTalonZahn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think is was Avian (?) on Warseer, one of the primary rumor sources, that said Orcs in Feb, TK in May, and OK in August; several months back.

So far he's 2 for 3, and my boxed up OK army is waiting for August.

TalonZahn on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh dear; looks like so many peeps were anticipating today's "what's new" they broke GW's site. Again.
    Pity there's almost nothing about Orcs&Goblins there.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    as someone on warseer pointed out, Orcs and Goblins will sell no matter what, they are a popular army and wont have a problem moving the new models. On the other hand TK are very old army with a smaller player base.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Still can't believe they're repackaging the Orc Boyz from a 19 model to a 10 model box

What a load of dookie

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Still can't believe they're repackaging the Orc Boyz from a 19 model to a 10 model box

What a load of dookie

They did something similar in 40k, but added more options to the sprue and lowered the price so that it was actually cheaper per model.

e: I'm seriously so psyched about the new OnG release that I might sell my Space Marines so that I can afford to have the proper quad-fecta of Ork(c)s: BFG, Epic, 40k and Fantasy.

SJ on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Get out of here with your logic and facts

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It was a pleasant surprise more than anything, and I'm hoping it will be a repeat :P. But I'm certainly not going to hold my breath :GW:

SJ on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

What a load of dookie

They did something similar in 40k, but added more options to the sprue and lowered the price so that it was actually cheaper per model.

e: I'm seriously so psyched about the new OnG release that I might sell my Space Marines so that I can afford to have the proper quad-fecta of Ork(c)s: BFG, Epic, 40k and Fantasy.

That is a huge net gain for your local community. Everyone loves playing with or against orcs. No one loves marines.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah. I almost haven't played my marines since Space Wolves came out, and I literally have not played them once since Blood Angels hit. Plus like timspork said in the 40k thread, then I can use all these Orcs for extras in my Green Tide during apoc games...

e: can totally proxy the giant spider as a Gargantuan Squiggoth too, fuck yes

SJ on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh fuck you GW. I was all set on playing beefing up my Chaos horde and getting my Skaven on. Now this. Son of a bitch. TK in May. Screw you. Screw you hard.
    Undead that aren't vamps, gleeeeeee

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Alright guys I might as well post this here: I've got a bunch of Dwarf stuff that I'm gonna be selling, hopefully as a lot, for 35-40% off of retail. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM.

SJ on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It is a beautiful lot, that I reeeeeally want, but I've decided to not buy a shit ton of stuff before I know the rules :P It was a rare instance of self control

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

What, no Blood Bowl? :wink:

Mago on
    Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Already have a Blood Bowl team actually, but that's not an 'army', so :P

SJ on
  • Options
    MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ah. As apposed to your BFG 'army' eh? :P

Mago on
    Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Zedar wrote: »
    Edit: The release schedule seems to be holding to what was leaked on warseer a while ago, which was green people, then dead people, then fat people. So Ogres are looking good for later this year at this rate.

They're not fat, they just have big bones! The fluff says so!
    or you can give it a catapult thing-y which launches big globs of web that make units hit 'Always Strike Last' and if you misfire it can't explode or anything, it just can't fire.

Where's the fun in that?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Zedar wrote: »

They're not fat, they just have big bones! The fluff says so!
    or you can give it a catapult thing-y which launches big globs of web that make units hit 'Always Strike Last' and if you misfire it can't explode or anything, it just can't fire.

Where's the fun in that?

On a roll of 6, a curious but unlucky goblin tries to get a closer look at the web shooter and falls inside, making the spider explode.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    But I'm already planning to use a Varghulf and that would be - akward

From a while back, but I thought I'd chip in. I used a Varghulf, and customised it using green stuff for a saddle and reigns from... the corpse cart i think? Either way, it turned out looking quite nice, and very non varghulfy

Impyrocker on
    1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Apparently the upcoming O&G book contains exactly 8 magic items. And if this report is true, every one of them is overpriced and/or useless:
    Battleaxe of the Last Waaagh! - 100pts (Weapon)
    +d6 to Strength and Attacks, half that bonus as penalty to weapon skill

Basha's Axe of Stunty Bashin' - 50pts (Weapon)
    +1 Strength and Attack, double that bonus plus fear vs Dwarves

Armour of Gork - 100pts (Armour)
    +d3 Toughness (roll first time you are hit in the turn and that bonus stays for the entire turn), also gives Impact Hits (d6)

Lucky Shrunken Head - 50pts (Arcane Item)
    Ability I cannot remember, also increases Savage Orc Warpaint ward save from 6+ to 5+, increases Wurrzag's to 4+. Savage Orc shaman or great shaman only.

Morks Spirit Totem - 100pts (Banner)
    Unit gains Magic Resistance d6 (rolled first time the unit is hit by a spell, lasts the whole turn). Also no enemy magic items in base contact with bearer will work.

Spider Banner - 50pts (Banner)
    Goblin BSB only (specifically says night goblins cannot take it). Unit gains Poisoned Attacks.

Bad Moon Banner - 50pts (Banner)
    Night Goblin BSB only. Unit gains stubborn and soft cover. Models that charge into base contact with unit must make dangerous terrain test.

Skull Wand of Kaloth - 75pts (Enchanted Item)
    At beginning of combat phase pick a model in base to base with user, Ld test or die no saves of any kind allowed. User also causes terror.

Seriously. That is some shit right there, GW.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't think there's a single reason to believe that until we have the preview copies in our hands.

SJ on
This discussion has been closed.