As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DC Universe Online] Now Free-to-Play! Lightning Strikes DLC now available, zappy zappy.

• Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    I'm quite content with the game as it is right now. My league works, the styles end up being very very varied...try using a Kabuki mask (face) + a Voodoo hat (head) for a clown like character. It looks great!

And I just can't wait to try out the Earth power-set :D

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    I've got a question: How buggy is this game? I've played for all of a day and encountered a few, one just very annoying (Aquaculture console not appearing till I run around a bit) and another crashes my PS3, apparently whenever I look at my character's collections. Could be just that one collection, could be just that one character, I wasn't interested in wasting more time rebooting my PS3. Any advice?

Bugs aside, I'm having fun with it. I'm also very, very bad, but I'm used to that.

• Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    No clue on the PS3. On the PC side, it's pretty smooth and mostly bug-free.

• Options
    florada34florada34 Registered User regular
    Hey I was wondering what server the PC guild was on. Ive got a pvp server ice tank but if its a pve server guild I'll reroll. Name on the PvP server is KamikaziAgny

LoL summoner name: Kamikazi34
    PS4: Kamikazi34Agny
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    florada34 wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering what server the PC guild was on. Ive got a pvp server ice tank but if its a pve server guild I'll reroll. Name on the PvP server is KamikaziAgny

You can swap between servers in your faction's hub

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I realize I'm getting all necromantic on this thread, but I'm feeling being superheroic in the DC Universe (thanks to the Batman Arkham games and a binge of the various animated series on YouTube), and I was wondering if this was one of those free to play games that was super restrictive on what you could do sans money.

For reference, I thought Dungeons and Dragons Online had a reasonable micro transaction system.

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2012
    Nah, this isn't as restrictive as, say, Champions Online. Think more like City of Heroes.

Gigazombie Cybermage on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I realize I'm getting all necromantic on this thread, but I'm feeling being superheroic in the DC Universe (thanks to the Batman Arkham games and a binge of the various animated series on YouTube), and I was wondering if this was one of those free to play games that was super restrictive on what you could do sans money.

For reference, I thought Dungeons and Dragons Online had a reasonable micro transaction system.
    I played it for at least 40 hours without feeling the need to spend a dime.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I decided to try this out since I was in a super hero mood and it was free.

Everything has been fairly entertaining so far, but I do have one complaint.

WHY IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU GIVE ME ALL THOSE COSTUME OPTIONS ONLY TO HAVE IT NOT FUCKING MATTER AFTER THE FIRST TEN GODDAMN MINUTES!!!!!

Ahem, yeah, other than that the game has been peachy keen so far.

edit- Hah, just as soon as I posted this I found out how to change my guy back. :P

It was seriously bothering me as my guy was starting to look like some aborted 90's grim dark biotech Ironman. :(

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I think the option to cover up your costume with whatever other costumes you've picked up should be in every game ever.

• Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    anyone playing this anymore??

Im downloading it :)

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I made my guy look like a gask masked punisher/Jon Woo protagonist mixture. Also I quit. I need to find a way to be persistant when playing MMO's I always quit them after a week or two for some reason.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Got a buddy of mine on the USPS3 PvE server right now. Name's Tha Hulllk. Say hi if you are running around and see a big green guy in his purple underwear.

• Options
    Kadoken wrote: »
    I made my guy look like a gask masked punisher/Jon Woo protagonist mixture. Also I quit. I need to find a way to be persistant when playing MMO's I always quit them after a week or two for some reason.

Dont feel bad, i dont last a week :P TERA was around 4-5 days

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I played this game from a week after it came out until the PSN crash. After that, I got bored.

• Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Wrong thread big time.

Eh, I guess I'll dive into the game soonish. I just hate how limited the customization is, feels even worse when you're coming from CO or CoX.
    If they had only released the game with full-blown customization and more powers, they wouldn't have had to go F2P.

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah, the problem is that you get the cool stuff as drops and quest rewards, but you usually have a concept ready at chargen, so a lot of the later costume parts do get used for thematic reasons. Most of the costumes should be available at the beginning. Whose smart idea was it to do that? Doesn't help a lot of fits Tron more than the DC universe.

Can anyone else get past the log in "reset password" bug?

• Options
    I got past that reset bug by just trying again i think

So i unlocked the electric DLC, and the graphics for electricity just seem like nothing. Granted I am only a few levels in and only have like 2-3 powers, but it just looks so bad that I dont even want to use him. One power he stomps the ground, but you dont even see anything shoot :\

• Options
    Man, I've tried several times now. Fuck this shit.

• Options
    :(

I got past it though, but i guess i forget what i did

I might of just hit cancel and tried again

• Options
    I made a new account, but dammit I was attached to that character. With so little customization, it's hard to come up with a character I really like as a concept, and even if I do, the name I want is usually unavailable. My main hero in CoX is a zombie cowboy gunslinger. With DC Online I can be... several different versions of a generic hero. Hell, they want you to be "inspired" by iconic heroes.

It just pisses me off that I lose the one character I really liked because of some bullshit.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I finally got around to giving the game a shot. I'm still in the tutorial area actually, but I can't believe how many little things are impressing me. I wish I could have seen my own face when I found myself getting knocked back, turned on flight, and that broke the knockback and let me fly.

Wish I could play around with powers a bit before making calls though. I just want to be a kryptonian dammit. I'm not asking for a lot, but I can't really touch my flight or iconic powers until level 9/10. I ended up taking Ice on the game's recommendation, but I can't see anything in there that translates to "ice breath" all too well.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I made a new account, but dammit I was attached to that character. With so little customization, it's hard to come up with a character I really like as a concept, and even if I do, the name I want is usually unavailable. My main hero in CoX is a zombie cowboy gunslinger. With DC Online I can be... several different versions of a generic hero. Hell, they want you to be "inspired" by iconic heroes.

It just pisses me off that I lose the one character I really liked because of some bullshit.

If it is any consolation you are only generic hero so long as it takes you to collect more costume parts.

My green lantern character is in a green lantern hoodie. I just can't find anything I want to wear that suits it better.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    I still pop onto this game between other games. They've really made some excellent additions with the last couple of DLCs. Battle for Earth has added some great content, and what I've seen so far from Last Laugh is definitely worth a few $$.

On top of the new stuff, they've reworked a lot of the Iconic powers enough that I actually consider taking them now.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm starting to like this game quite a bit after spending the bulk of yesterday on it, but now I've got the itch to try Earth powers, which costs money and all.

I was thinking of dropping $15 on a month of the game since that comes with the $5 of DC Funbucks, then I'll put that toward buying whichever DLC I feel like keeping after trying everything after that. Which leads to my question. Does anyone know if you get those points during the first month, or is only on renewal? Since I might just spend the $10 on Battle for Earth and call it a day instead.

I should probably ask the big question while I'm at it. Is anyone in The Arcadians still active?

EDIT: Phew, glad I got online when I did. Apparently there's a half price sale that ends in, oh, an hour. Used that $15 on all three content packs.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    No clue if any of the arcadians are still around. I never managed to find anyone on to invite me, lol.

The weekend sale was awesome. I should even have enough SC left over for the Last Laugh today.

• Options
    That's disappointing to hear. If anyone is around on US PC PvE and wants to get a hold of me, or by some miracle toss an invite I'm generally on Landwave. I actually don't know how the whole contacting other people thing works in this game yet.

I joined the Steam group, but there doesn't seem to be much going on there either.

As for Last Laugh. I'm assuming its all endgame material save for access to Shields? I figure I can put that one off for a little bit.

• Options
    I'm often on as Hellspeed or Grey Gyrfalcon, hit me up w/ever. My wife plays too, and we're looking to start running Alerts and stuff.

As far as Last Laugh, it depends on if you're into PvP at all or not. There's new Arenas and Legends maps, as well as new Legends characters to collect, if you like PvP. The Legends stuff in particular is fun and pretty decently balanced (just don't believe the official forums). Amon Sur is supposed to be the new OP Legends toon, but I beat one yesterday just playing a lil Robin, so there ya go.

For PvE, the big addition is a new Duo. It's a T3 duo, so yeah, you probably won't be doing that til deep in the endgame.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I'll try and get a hold of you. Just gotta figure out how to send a message in here. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate the UI, but its still manageable.

I'm starting to close the gap on level 30, so I'll have to think about Last Laugh come time. I didn't think I'd be into PvP, but I may have been wrong there.

I found myself switching over to the PvP server with surprisingly good results. I ended up doing a little lesser ganking, which I usually avoid, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun with it. Went after someone closer to my level, and he actually flew down into a parking structure in Gotham and managed to out maneuver me in there with ease (myself having acrobatics). Even when I end up being chased by would be gankers, I still feel like I could get away. Its making the open world PvP thing that I usually just don't like incredibly fun.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Spend too much time away from a game and you have to relearn how to play.

• Options
    Reached level 30, but I'm not too sure what to do from here. I'm kind of assuming that I just start hopping into queues and work my way up?

• Options
    A few things to do when you hit 30:

- Finish out your Mentor mission, the one they give you at 30 that ends with you becoming a Justice League member. Rewards you some decent starting gear.
    - Check out your Feat tab to see what easy feats are out there still. Skill Points really do make a significant difference in the game. There's a ton of feats for practically every aspect of the game, including Styles, Collections, Exploration, Alerts, etc etc.
    - Yeah, jump into some queues for Duos/Alerts/Arenas, etc. There's even Novice versions of the raids (think Story-mode in TOR) that don't require much gear.
    - Definitely get into the crafting, it can also make a pretty big difference.
    - Arenas/Legends. There's a slew of easy Feats in pvp. Make sure you stop by the Reactor room in the Watchtower (in the Meta Wing, where Hawkman and Cyborg hang out) and pick up the Archangel set. It's a blue set you only need cash for, that makes an alright starter PvP set for endgame. You'll definitely want to queue up with that, rather than any PvE gear.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    anyone still playing this?

recently got back into it. bought a few expansions, made a new character. its really weird how right Shield/Electricity/Super-Speed feel together

• Options
    I patched and logged in, but logged back out again. I can't remember how to play.

Is there an RP community in game? Such is a guilty pleasure of mine. Chatting with people in character and mocking the people who do it badly is soooo much fun!

• Options
    I still play and RP sometimes. My main character is Tech Villain Baron Crimson. Rifle/Traps

• Options
    is it Roleplaying if I play my Spider-Man alt (Sensational Spidey) and crack jokes at people that tell me "spiderman is marvel not DC", and go around helping lowbies with quests just because?

Cause I do that sometimes

• Options
    Whatever makes you happy.

• Options
    so since the old league is pretty much all broken up, should we start a new one?

• Options
    Not sure there's still enough of us playing.

• Options
    I'm still playing. Just haven't had much time to get on since hitting 30. That's like, five people! I think.

@Arryn thanks for the advice back there!