Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

2nd Annual D&D PaxEast Dinner (UPDATE: SO MANY PHOTOS!)

2456711

Posts

  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it okay if I wear my smoking jacket instead of my fucking jacket?

    I think it's classier.

    DogSig.gif
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Is it okay if I wear my smoking jacket instead of my fucking jacket?

    I think it's classier.

    well

    you can always buy cigarettes in boston, so i guess it's more appropriate

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If I can go to PAX, I will get a suit and RSVP to dinner. Really hope to be able to make it :)

    eokNV.jpg
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am attending fo sho. Maybe the lady too, need to confirm that.

    ezek1t.jpg
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it okay if I wear my smoking jacket instead of my fucking jacket?

    I think it's classier.

    "Well, I have my fucking jacket, and my smoking jacket. I guess I'm not gonna fuck at the restaurant, soooooo..."

    ezek1t.jpg
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There is a super 8 within 9 miles from the convention center for 45 a night. True story.

    I will possibly attending with 3 other people. Frankly it depends on what is happenig at PAX at 7:30.

  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    getting into the city from 9 miles away can be a trial

    i guess i'd recommend looking into parking at the outer metro stops or the commuter rail

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    getting into the city from 9 miles away can be a trial

    i guess i'd recommend looking into parking at the outer metro stops or the commuter rail

    Fair, but I'm having my wife drop me off Friday and Saturday. She is going to be sightseeing Salem those days. It works.

  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    getting into the city from 9 miles away can be a trial

    i guess i'd recommend looking into parking at the outer metro stops or the commuter rail

    Fair, but I'm having my wife drop me off Friday and Saturday. She is going to be sightseeing Salem those days. It works.

    o god salem is kind of a dump

    hope she really likes witch tours

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it okay if I wear my smoking jacket instead of my fucking jacket?

    I think it's classier.

    "Well, I have my fucking jacket, and my smoking jacket. I guess I'm not gonna fuck at the restaurant, soooooo..."

    You're not going to smoking there either.

    Just as a heads up for everyone... you can't smoke in any restaurants, bars, hotel rooms or basically any public building in Boston. If you're a smoker, you're going to have to go outside, and usually a proscribed distance from the entry ways

    11793-1.png
    Spoiler:
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would like to RSVP for myself and my husband, should it not be to late to do so. My husband's name is Wayne. I shall take him early from the basement and hose him off prior to make him presentable. No worries about his behaviour. Just please, no direct eye contact as he is likely to pound his chest and rush you. Thank you.

    Spoiler:
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • So It GoesSo It Goes Justice.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    getting into the city from 9 miles away can be a trial

    i guess i'd recommend looking into parking at the outer metro stops or the commuter rail

    Fair, but I'm having my wife drop me off Friday and Saturday. She is going to be sightseeing Salem those days. It works.

    o god salem is kind of a dump

    hope she really likes witch tours

    It has some cool bits

    NOPE.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    I would like to RSVP for myself and my husband, should it not be to late to do so. My husband's name is Wayne. I shall take him early from the basement and hose him off prior to make him presentable. No worries about his behaviour. Just please, no direct eye contact as he is likely to pound his chest and rush you. Thank you.

    wonderful! we look forward to your presence and will warn people seated near your husband to avoid sudden movements.

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey, any PAX Easters have room for two people?

    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    well

    i've been googling a whole bunch

    the hampton inn that will linked in cambridge is at a reasonable $150 per night- and that's after all taxes and fees. this is thirty five minutes of walking and ten minutes on the T

    the closest hotel that's in reasonable 'walking' distance (less than half an hour) with accomodations- the intercontinental boston, right over the fort point channel- is like $215 a night before taxes

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah but if you stay two nights with a roommate, it's only $215.

    And that $215 is after taxes and fees, since that's where I booked.

  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    well

    i've been googling a whole bunch

    the hampton inn that will linked in cambridge is at a reasonable $150 per night- and that's after all taxes and fees. this is thirty five minutes of walking and ten minutes on the T

    the closest hotel that's in reasonable 'walking' distance (less than half an hour) with accomodations- the intercontinental boston, right over the fort point channel- is like $215 a night before taxes

    i'd be surprised if it's 35 minutes of walking. the lechmere T is literally across the street.

    the problem with east cambridge is that it puts you on the green line, which means to get to the convention it's green line to red line to silver line, and also that the lechmere green line doesn't run all that frequently.

    if the weather's nice, it's probably a good hour walk east cambridge to the boston convention center.

    i guess google maps either doesn't know about the silver line or doesn't trust it. it's not an especially long walk from south station to the convention center i guess.

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • VariableVariable Weed and Masturbation Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    intercontinental boston huh? that didn't come up in my search last night. interesting.

    Steam Profile - Variable114 | WiiU - Variable | 3DS - 3866-8105-7478
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    well

    i've been googling a whole bunch

    the hampton inn that will linked in cambridge is at a reasonable $150 per night- and that's after all taxes and fees. this is thirty five minutes of walking and ten minutes on the T

    the closest hotel that's in reasonable 'walking' distance (less than half an hour) with accomodations- the intercontinental boston, right over the fort point channel- is like $215 a night before taxes

    i'd be surprised if it's 35 minutes of walking. the lechmere T is literally across the street.

    the problem with east cambridge is that it puts you on the green line, which means to get to the convention it's green line to red line to silver line, and also that the lechmere green line doesn't run all that frequently.

    if the weather's nice, it's probably a good hour walk east cambridge to the boston convention center.

    i guess google maps either doesn't know about the silver line or doesn't trust it. it's not an especially long walk from south station to the convention center i guess.

    google maps has lied to me for the last time

    *takes off belt*

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can't tell if google maps is about to get a whippin' or a screwin'.

    DogSig.gif
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Can't it be both?

  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i guess google maps either doesn't know about the silver line or doesn't trust it. it's not an especially long walk from south station to the convention center i guess.

    I'm pretty much planning on walking from south station unless the weather is still pretty shitty

    11793-1.png
    Spoiler:
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I'm probably going.

    If someone wants to link me a fashion thread post about picking out a suit or something, that would be cool.

    eokNV.jpg
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I'm probably going.

    If someone wants to link me a fashion thread post about picking out a suit or something, that would be cool.

    Personally, my fashion sense is pretty right on I'm told.. I think that this style of suit is basically a good general use suit. It's suitable for any occasion and really compliments nearly any body type. Men's Best

    If that doesn't work out for you, may I suggest Discerning Gentlemen.

    Spoiler:
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wait

    we are doing karaoke again, right

    because i want to serenade VH

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    wait

    we are doing karaoke again, right

    because i want to serenade VH

    yeah maybe we could do karaoke again on saturday night if people are amenable

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    wait

    we are doing karaoke again, right

    because i want to serenade VH

    yeah maybe we could do karaoke again on saturday night if people are amenable

    rape culture

    11793-1.png
    Spoiler:
  • VariableVariable Weed and Masturbation Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to karaoke

    Steam Profile - Variable114 | WiiU - Variable | 3DS - 3866-8105-7478
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    it might be good to make a post about bringing small bills to dinner since they won't split the check

  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    well i made the reservation officially today

    it turns out that PAX is taking place during Boston Restaurant Week

    this is good and bad, potentially.

    the good side is that they will offer a special fancy prix fixe menu with choices of 2 or 3 courses at a lower price than they would normally charge.

    the down sides are as follows:

    1) they may or may not offer their full menu.
    2) the prix fixe dinner will probably be $30 or so
    3) most importantly, they are going to be real hard-asses about reservations. like, if i say that 29 people are coming and five people flake out, they are going to charge me for the five dinners that were not consumed.

    so i am definitely going to need to get solid confirmation from you guys

    also, since this is boston restaurant week, any restaurant we try to eat at are going to have these sorts of rules.

    anyways, the woman is sending me the menu and i'll post it when i get more information

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i'm sure the olive garden won't give us any guff

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    i don't even know where an olive garden is around this city

    probably in like burlington

    edit: ha; off the highway in roxbury

    bon appetit!

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    What the fuck is "prix fixe"?

  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait, so is it too late to sign up for this? I'm planning on attending PAX but may have others in tow.

    edit: @Justin - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=prix+fixe

    "Despite all the bitching, if Diablo 3 sucks, I will eat my own cock. Counter-claim: If Diablo 3 does not suck, I will have a list of whiners who need to eat cocks." - Zen Vulgarity
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh shit yes, I'm psyched you're coming Bama.

    DogSig.gif
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh so like on Hell's Kitchen then
    Oh shit yes, I'm psyched you're coming Bama.

    Last year, it wasn't the real Bama. He didn't even make one pun!

  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tenatively put me down. I'll be doing the redeye shuffle to get to Boston, so that should be...interesting.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Bama wrote: »
    Wait, so is it too late to sign up for this? I'm planning on attending PAX but may have others in tow.

    edit: @Justin - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=prix+fixe

    of course!

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i don't even know where an olive garden is around this city

    hahahaha

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i don't even know where an olive garden is around this city

    hahahaha

    That's not even Will being Will. I don't either. Not a whole lot of chain type restaurants can make it in Boston proper, there are too many really good places to eat with more personality and the real estate prices mean its hard to have like a 99.

    Boston has a tiny footprint though so if you go one town over there are plenty. Just not in walking distance.

    Checking... yeah no 99s, no Chilis, 1 TGIF, no Applebees, np Outback steakhouses, etc

    11793-1.png
    Spoiler:
Sign In or Register to comment.