As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone try the GTA trilogy for the PC/Mac?

NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Games and Technology
Hey all, I just burned through Wheelman and suddenly have an urge to go through the gta series. I've played all of the current gen ones, but I only rented vice city once or twice and have never played GTA3 or San Andreas.

How do they hold up and is the Mac version (which i assume is basically the PC version) a decent port? All I've got is my ps3 and laptop; I don't even have a mouse!

I vaguely recall stopping Vice City because of the ridiculous difficulty spikes towards the latter half of the game and the lack of mission checkpoints. But I did enjoy most of gta4 (especially Gay Tony), and spent wayyyy too many hours in Saint's Row.

NaturalNarcissist on

• Options
    MonkeyPantsMonkeyPants Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Why not buy the Classic Pack and Trilogy Pack from Amazon? I don't care if they don't work for Mac.
    I'm not a Mac supporter.
    Should be a damn low price too.
    GO FOR IT.
    Yes I'll be doing the same thing eventually.
    Suggestion, play in series order with 1 era first, then 2 era (only one game), III era (III (Liberty City Stories), Vice City (VC Stories), San Andreas) and of course IV era (IV + expansions which are The Lost and the Damned/The Ballad of Gay Tony and the DS Chinatown Wars.)

Of course GTA V might not happen for awhile since each new era is a different engine. My guess is IV-era still isn't over, yet.

MonkeyPants on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They look really old now - they are PS2 ports after all, but the gameplay still shines through. You'll have to deal with a locked camera in GTA III and Vice City, but everything after that (San Andreas onwards) is fine in that regard.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten