As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Soy Un [Chat]edor

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't really like breaded chicken. It's something about the texture and how the breading separates from the chicken really easily while you are eating it.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    is there a place in the US with a good job market

Captain Carrot on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sig the immediate issue is that i bought some sauce i like to eat on chicken tenders. But I don't have a fryer with which to make chicken tenders. I am wondering if there is a way I can make a dipping sauce for fried chicken tasty with grilled chicken, or with chicken that is pan-fried.

Chicken tenders can be baked usually, if you're talking about the pre-made ones from the store.

Thomamelas on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't really like breaded chicken. It's something about the texture and how the breading separates from the chicken really easily while you are eating it.

Try some of the pre-made seafood seasonings they have at all grocery stores. Look in the aisle with the cooking oils and bags of flour. Even though there's a catfish on the packaging, it works perfectly well with chicken breast strips.

emnmnme on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

then make a batter and batter them and fry them in a pan?

So It Goes on
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    there are spice/ sauce packets u can get at the store for chicken, like ranch

or make fajitas like I did!:D

msmya on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »

what does this mean

i am off to the google

edit: this is the answer

thanks sig

you are one of the good ones

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2011
    I mean like

chicken tenders are usually breaded in some fashion

so I am confused

So It Goes on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Don't you people know sriracha is for weeaboos and hipsters? Cleanse yourselves!

Unless you're a fob, in which case, carry on

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    edited January 2011
    i think i want something battered and not breaded

i do not know if i am using the right words here

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pineapple rum chicken recipe!!!
    You'll Need:

FOR THE RUB:

1 Tbsp. brown sugar

1 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt

1 tsp. ground coriander

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme

1⁄2 tsp. ground allspice

1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1⁄4 – 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper

FOR THE CHICKEN:

4 boneless chicken breasts, split

1–1 1⁄2 Tbsp. Asian (dark) sesame oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 scallion, trimmed, white part minced, green part finely chopped

1 Tbsp. minced peeled fresh ginger

FOR THE PINEAPPLE-RUM GLAZE:

4 Tbsp (1⁄2 stick) salted butter

1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar

1⁄4 cup dark rum

1⁄4 cup pineapple juice

Directions:

0. Make the Rub: Combine all rub ingredients in bowl and stir (fingers work best).

1. Rinse chicken under cold water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels.

Place chicken in baking dish and drizzle with just enough sesame oil to moisten
    them without making them oily, rubbing oil over to coat. Sprinkle the rub over
    chicken, followed by the garlic, scallion white, and ginger, patting seasonings
    into meat with fingertips. Let chicken cure in refrigerator, covered, for 1 hour.

2. Make the Glaze: Combine butter, brown sugar, rum and pineapple juice in a
    heavy nonreactive saucepan over high heat. Let glaze come to boil and boil
    until syrupy, 5–8 minutes. Set glaze aside.

3. Set up grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.

4. When ready to grill, oil the grill grate. Arrange the chicken on the hot grate.
    Grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned and sizzling on the outside.
    Generously brush the tops with some glaze. Grill until cooked through,
    continuing to brush on the glaze.

5. Transfer the grilled chicken to a platter or plates and drizzle any remaining
    glaze over them. Sprinkle the scallion greens on top and serve at once.

tyrannus on
    edited January 2011
    I get three-pound bags of breaded chicken patties (not circular, so actual chicken) from Sharp Shopper, and they work quite well. Perhaps tomorrow I'll try baking some, cutting them up, and adding a sauce for dipping. But what sauce?

Captain Carrot on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

what does this mean

i am off to the google

Break some eggs in a bowl. Put a tender in the bowl, get it nice and eggy. Then put it in a bowl of flour and the seasonings of your choice. I recommend at least some salt and pepper. Get a pan, pour a thin layer of oil in it and heat it. Put the tenders in and fry them.

Thomamelas on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    fuck inhouses

Rent on
    edited January 2011

There are a couple of ways to do both but the biggest difference is use of breadcrumbs or not.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2011
    rent i think things would go better for you if you didnt do things you dont like to do

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    fuck inhouses
    they are usually awful

tyrannus on
    edited January 2011
    maybe PP should look up beer batter recipes or something if he doesn't like breaded

So It Goes on
    edited January 2011
    rent i think things would go better for you if you didnt do things you dont like to do

yeah i'm not playing fucking inhouses any more

after last night's debacle and the stupid shit in this inhouse i'm fucking done

Rent on
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

There are a couple of ways to do both but the biggest difference is use of breadcrumbs or not.

i am going to do what you said, which is what google said wrt battered and fried chicken

i will have to be careful not to do it too often tho

especially if i start p90x

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    Don't you people know sriracha is for weeaboos and hipsters? Cleanse yourselves!

Unless you're a fob, in which case, carry on

Weeaboos, no. Hipsters, maybe 5 years ago before it went all mainstream.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited January 2011

Last night was only half a debacle. It was a fun game until Lagzor the Mighty conquered Riot's servers.

emnmnme on
    edited January 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

Last night was only half a debacle. It was a fun game until Lagzor the Mighty conquered Riot's servers.

and then there was fucking nonsense at the end where certain people decided to trolololol the game as opposed to just fucking end it because half of the teams were dc'd

Rent on
    edited January 2011

what happened last night

tyrannus on
    edited January 2011
    maybe PP should look up beer batter recipes or something if he doesn't like breaded

your second suggestion looked to be exactly what i was looking for

i just didn't know the word "batter" was the key until you used it

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2011
    So It Goes on
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

i am going to do what you said, which is what google said wrt battered and fried chicken

i will have to be careful not to do it too often tho

especially if i start p90x

The recipe I gave you tends to be a bit lower in fat then more traditional fried chicken. Mostly because deep frying tends to expose the chicken to a lot more fats.

Thomamelas on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »

what happened last night

People played LoL and got upset. It happens approximately one out of every one nights.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited January 2011
    hey man i know you are pissed but let's not bring it into chat

take a while to cool off or something

if u have a genuine issue with someone handle it in private at a later date

if you don't have a genuine issue then don't start drama

t DK: your post made me chuckle

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Texas.

You should move to Texas, Cokebotle.

Thanatos on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    msmya wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    omg homework ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know how you feel D: This pchem homework assignment is like a take home test, it totals 70 points and 6 pages.

D:

Tagging on to Cokebottle, anyone in the Northeast area know of places that are hiring Chemical Engineers? I graduate next year and I'm so scared of not getting a job..

@powerpuppies: I want to talk to will too!

and about cooking!!! show me your cooking skillllzzzzz
    if you can't find anything in the northeast maybe look into the houston job market. should be good for Chem Es

Dynagrip on
    edited January 2011

what happened last night

basically we had an inhouse

it was okay until basically lag combined with server instability made the game unplayable for everyone

surrender votes would always fail because half of the teams were dc'd but not technically quit out the game

so eventually i said "fuck it, I'm gonna run down your mid and get your inhib/nexus, you run down our mid and do the same" over vent

and they went and killed me, even though I had run right past them without attacking them, and continued to fuck around in the jungle and sidelanes until a surrender vote finally pass

Rent on
    edited January 2011

what happened last night

Big ass lag spike. Three on our team quit in disgust, two remained, meaning we couldn't even surrender. The message we got was something like:
    "Surrender vote failed 2/0. You fuckers thought it would be easy? This is a Riot game!"

... and I hit Rent in the head with a lamp post when he wasn't looking. :twisted:

emnmnme on
    edited January 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Texas.

Isn't Perry about to eliminate thousands of jobs from the state government?

Also, ew TEXAS. Blech.

Captain Carrot on
    edited January 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Texas.

A shitload of Californians invaded Houston over the past six months, looking for work.

emnmnme on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know I like my chicken fried
    Cold beer on a friday night
    A pair of jeans that fit just right
    And the radio up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed49S2nyBD0

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There's hell of coding jobs around the seattle area if that is your thing.

edit: this is including contract work of course.

Oh and Netflix called me a couple times. They are hiring. Someplace called "Los Gatos" in Cali.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Puppies, our cooking thread has a good amount of recipes that are a lot of them are really easy. The beef bowl I made on Saturday is so brain dead its easier than soup.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited January 2011
    There's hell of coding jobs around the seattle area if that is your thing.

edit: this is including contract work of course.

wellll.....

I can write code, but I have no real paper credentials, and I only know Java and Python.

Captain Carrot on
    edited January 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Puppies, our cooking thread has a good amount of recipes that are a lot of them are really easy. The beef bowl I made on Saturday is so brain dead its easier than soup.

yeah but this time i was looking for something specific not just food that tastes good

sig helped me out tho

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.