As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Armored Core 5 - You got Chromehounds in my AC!

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Oh god, this really is an AC game through and through. Insanely impossible bosses? YUP! "Hey, why don't you kill this insanely armored thing with a bajillion points of health! Oh yeah, it'll be shooting a dozen different guns at you at the same time too! Have Fun!"

Also, you can't keep up with it and the in-mission Operators mock you for being unable to do so.

classic AC.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    okay, I should be set up perfectly now. There was a problem on my end.

Looks like there are 2 PS3 teams with 3 players total.
    I suppose some people hopped out of "we are nice guys" after me. Let's get this family back together.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I hopefully will get a chance to play this tomorrow. Been sitting on my couch for 2 days now mocking me. =/

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Played a bunch of missions and order levels with some guy who joined the team randomly. Got the team to a decent level - starting to get some cool gear. Had our first big story boss fight and dat shit is kewl. Gatling guns are basically the alpha and omega of mission efficiency, along with a battle rifle and a pile driver, from what I can tell. Also, a shitload of recon drones and a shitload of AP and a shitload of all three resistances.

Dodging shit is too hard on narrow maps or the ones where you're fucking surrounded by mines or tanks of fuel to make LW mechs worth it in the missions. Best bet is to build a heavy ass mech that you can just ram shit with and take it like a baus.

So far, the hardest things I've had to deal with are the switches from scan to combat mode, and managing recon drones to keep an eye on enemies. The game is much harder and the learning curve is both very steep and very deep - I can't see myself "mastering" this game in the next month or so, which is cool.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Since it took me forever to beat ME 3, I decided to push off starting this until tomorrow. Excited though! It looks fantastic.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Its at once harder, but far more playable then FA. Which is fantastic. I mean even a total newbie can at least tag a person a couple times before dying. FA you'd just die a piteous death and probably never once even have an opposing person in your reticle, much less hit them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    allrighty the re-re -re update list with the official teams thrown in for good mesures.
    ! Armored Core V PSN List !

Teams

Mechanica Arcadia

PA Name - PSN ID

DaMoonRulz - Sweaty2501
    chocobolicious - Rawyn
    Kainy - Kain3k
    Advocate - Advocate125
    Virgil_Leads_You - L4ST_L3VI4TH4N

! Armored Core V XBox360 List !

Teams

We Are Nice Guys

PA Name - Xbox360 ID

Marslo - Mars on the bar
    Zanshinretsu - CR zan
    MindLib - MindLiberator
    SkyTurnsRed - Skyturnsred
    0Replace4Displac - Scatman USA
    TOGSolid - TOGSolid
    mere_immortal - lego pencil
    KlatBlutig - Klat Blutig
    Knight_ - Knight is Crazy
    The Deliverator - DLVR8OR
    Column - ColumnD
    Elitistb - elitistb616

Marslo on
  • Options
    Should just be the Mechanica Arcadia for PS3 team, I dissolved the other since we dont really have need of more then one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ah, I'll need to hop into the other one then.
    Anyone else spending all of their money on Decals?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I have no art skills, so no. Can you make a team decal?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I might take a swing at a team decal... Anyone want something specific like a PA logo, or something less specific?

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    I might take a swing at a team decal... Anyone want something specific like a PA logo, or something less specific?

How about a fruit fucker silhouette?

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I think we should go with the digital camo as the basis for our paint scheme. Be all 8-bit

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

How about a fruit fucker silhouette?

I'll give it a shot in an hour or two.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »
    allrighty the re-re -re update list with the official teams thrown in for good mesures.
    ! Armored Core V PSN List !

Teams

Mechanica Arcadia

PA Name - PSN ID

DaMoonRulz - Sweaty2501
    chocobolicious - Rawyn
    Kainy - Kain3k
    Advocate - Advocate125
    Virgil_Leads_You - L4ST_L3VI4TH4N

! Armored Core V XBox360 List !

Teams

We Are Nice Guys

PA Name - Xbox360 ID

Marslo - Mars on the bar
    Zanshinretsu - CR zan
    MindLib - MindLiberator
    SkyTurnsRed - Skyturnsred
    0Replace4Displac - Scatman USA
    TOGSolid - TOGSolid
    mere_immortal - lego pencil
    KlatBlutig - Klat Blutig
    Knight_ - Knight is Crazy
    The Deliverator - DLVR8OR
    Column - ColumnD
    Ah, I thought the xbox was the one trying for Mechanica Arcadia. I'm on the xbox360 side, Elitistb - elitistb616.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    Gonna pop out of work tommorow and see if anywhere is selling it. Not sure if Tesco's will have it and I doubt Game will have new releases :/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Everywhere around me (Relatively large town, north of Dallas) was completely sold out. Got super lucky on my second Gamestop after a Target and a Best Buy, where after the cashier told me I was SoL, one of his buddies said "Naw, we have one extra copy."

DAT ELATION.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Just signed up for WANG as Gray Adder. Hopefully I can get some games in with you gents sometime in the near future.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My copy of this for PS3 arrives tomorrow. I haven't played the previous games so I will probably be a particularly shitty noob, but I'm looking forward to playing!

*EDIT* My PSN name is sojakfa

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    I'm sure the answer is "no", but out of my eternal optimism, I'll ask: Does this have any splitscreen co-op?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Not that I see. Seems online only. I think For Answer might have? I forget though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I'm sure the answer is "no", but out of my eternal optimism, I'll ask: Does this have any splitscreen co-op?

no. There was that sort-of expansion to AC4 (that is way better than AC4 itself) that does though.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I changed the emblem of the team. There's about four billion final touches that need to be put on it and things that should be altered, but I'm taking a break from it for now.

Also, the team colors are a kind of desert digital. Let me know if y'all want something different or even what it does. If people want their own specific colors, I need to know how to do that or whatever.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    flapjackflapjack Registered User regular
    Joined up on We Are Nice Guys, XBL gamertag prudentpython. I am going to be terrible at first since I have not played an AC in a long while, but hey learning experience and all that.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Any room for an AC Jockey on the PSN Circuit?

skyknyt

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    flapjack wrote: »
    Joined up on We Are Nice Guys, XBL gamertag prudentpython. I am going to be terrible at first since I have not played an AC in a long while, but hey learning experience and all that.

I SS'd both AC4 and ACFA, being the most recent Armored Cores, and trust me - none of those skills or strategies carry over. The only things I learned that could be used in ACV are basically what determines a good part.

So don't worry. You'll be shitty at the start because of the brand-new controls and the fourteen thousand things you have to keep track of at the same time. Just like all of us.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    Hope you guys like my crude attempt at making the penny arcade logo.

• Options
    I do!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Dropping by real quick to say the fruit fucker emblem is pretty damn good looking for the 360 group. Nice work Scat.

Do we know if people within a unit can use the unit's emblem on their Core? I've yet to mess with my Core customization, other than parts after the initial pilot creation and painting my mech pinkish-purple, covering it in white stars, and naming "her" T.Sparkles. I'd love for T.Sparkles to sport some Fruit Fucker.

• Options
    All sorts of room in the PS3 team.
    Just type in Mechanica Arcadia on the team enlistment search.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Column wrote: »
    Dropping by real quick to say the fruit fucker emblem is pretty damn good looking for the 360 group. Nice work Scat.

Do we know if people within a unit can use the unit's emblem on their Core? I've yet to mess with my Core customization, other than parts after the initial pilot creation and painting my mech pinkish-purple, covering it in white stars, and naming "her" T.Sparkles. I'd love for T.Sparkles to sport some Fruit Fucker.

Go to Decal in paint and you can apply any emblem up to 32 times on a mech, per section of body.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Column wrote: »

Go to Decal in paint and you can apply any emblem up to 32 times on a mech, per section of body.

Fantastic.

Hopefully I can hop back on later tonight and spread some friendship dual Gatling gun style. Now complete with Fruit Fucker endorsement.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    So this game's manual is the worst manual in the history of manuals. It doesn't even finish explaining the goddamn controls.

Is there a somewhat accurate wiki, yet? There are many systems I need to learn about if night-raid shenanigans are to be successful.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    So we've got this pile driver that does >60,000 CE damage.

To put it simply, you hit something with it, even with high CE resistance, it's going to eat at least 30 grand. Makes anti-AC missions easy, since my mech's generally pretty well armored with ~43k AP. Boost up, LEFT HOOK EXPLOSION done.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Joined WANG. That is a fantastic fruit fucker emblem.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    argh, picked this up for 360 because so many more people here have it on that ( i vastly prefer ps3) aaannnddd..after 2 hours on the phone with ms support i still can't buy a gold account, they aknowledge it's their problem but have no idea what's causing it. error 80190864 all up ins :( how i hate you ms. Their current best solution? "wait 24 hours and maybe it will start working" ffff

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    Oh man that armored train on the third story mission is tough!

• Options
    VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    I just picked this game up for the ps3, hope to be blowing up some stuff soon!

• Options
    nessinnessin Registered User regular
    How is this different from AC4 (or AC3, can't remember which I played)? I dug into the OP and saw the comment about it having more depth than Mechwarrior, but the AC I played a few years ago was pure arcade action.

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Copy arrived sooner than Amazon predicted, woo! I'll be tossing into the 360 for a brief spell this evening to try and get acclimated to the new layout/control. I'll join WANG too and help bolster the ranks of all our fruit friends.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.